Why Weren't The Covers On? - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Why Weren't The Covers On?

standman

Being realistic the covers take up to one hour, depending on numbers helping, to lay and then remove.

With the forecast of up to a foot of snow in the Stirling area and heavy snow down here they obviously deemed it a waste of time.

Remember had the game gone ahead the number of folk on here saying they wouldn't go regardless due to transport issues and other reasons it was IMO the correct decision.

As well as that the referee would take in to account the forecast and how the terracings would be cleared, entrance and road outside Scapa and the fact that Stirling themselves might not make it through or make it home due to the forecast.

I'm sure there's other factors as well but just an example.

Some sing of Celtic, Rangers

And some of Motherwell

Of Hibs and Partick Thistle

And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams

There’s one that they’ve forgotten

With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha

IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

Last time I helped with the covers only about 8 folk turned up to help out and we were there for well over and hour.

On top of that there would have been a considerable amount of snow to clear from the covers before they came off.

Not sure what the weight of snow would be for the size of the pitch 1 inch thick...

Pitch was playable at 0930.

Say they did go down, they would have to be lifted at say 12-1:30, it snowed all afternoon. Enough may have landed between 1:30 and 3 for the game to be postponed.

Being realistic the covers take up to one hour, depending on numbers helping, to lay and then remove.

I would gather that the case if quite a number turned up. As Inverally has already said the number he is quoting is the normal amount that turns up, wish there could be far more as that last time was a nightmare, even more when taking them off.

With snow forecast, was there a good reason why the covers weren't on?

I can't help feeling this game could have gone ahead ?

Note to club: Don't listen to VikingTon.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

You, by the looks of it. You've been paying quite a lot of attention to his posts recently.

heh heh - only one one thread, and only because it's nice to see him tie himself in knots rather than just admit he made a buttocks of something.

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right......."

heh heh - only one one thread, and only because it's nice to see him tie himself in knots rather than just admit he made a buttocks of something.

Makes a change as its normally you tripping over yourself to get away from an argument that you had made an erse of.

Makes a change as its normally you tripping over yourself to get away from an argument that you had made an erse of.

.......which just shows how flawed your judgement can be. :rolleyes: That the best you can do? :lol:

Nothing up with my judgement, haven't you got to be somewhere/ do something/ too busy etc etc

ahh, so that's what you're getting at - the fact that some of us sometimes have things to do (like, say, earning a living) other than sit around all day on the messageboard. Fine by me, seems to me it's sensible to say you're not gonna be posting replies for a while rather than just making it seem like you're avoiding a post, like some do; especially since I usually answer them later anyway.

But it's no skin of my nose, you believe what you want to believe - and maybe that's an ethos you could put to good use yourself now and again. ;)

ahh, so that's what you're getting at - the fact that some of us sometimes have things to do (like, say, earning a living) other than sit around all day on the messageboard. Fine by me, seems to me it's sensible to say you're not gonna be posting replies for a while rather than just making it seem like you're avoiding a post, like some do. But it's no skin of my nose, you believe what you want to believe - and maybe that's an ethos you could put to good use yourself now and again. ;)

Funny, I was thinking it was more of a case of you doing everything you can to get out of a debate whenever vikingTON's tearing you a new one, yet the minute you've got something on him you won't let go :unsure: ?

Funny, I was thinking it was more of a case of you doing everything you can to get out of a debate whenever vikingTON's tearing you a new one, yet the minute you've got something on him you won't let go :unsure: ?

you're believing the digs of the likes of vt, digdick and the Mess character, rather than award-winning factual analysis of the realities of those debates.

Please yerself.

And by the way, something like 5 or 6 posts aimed at him on a thread of nearly 90 spread over five days or so is hardly overdoing it going by some of the behaviour on here....... but, like I said, please yerself, go for your own opinion rather than look at the facts.

you're believing the digs of the likes of vt, digdick and the Mess character, rather than award-winning factual analysis of the realities of those debates.

No, more the curious timing of your shifts with the loss of your arguments. A coincidence I'm sure.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

No, more the curious timing of your shifts with the loss of your arguments. A coincidence I'm sure.

I've lost a few points to you, sure, that's how it goes, but I've won more. And without losing any of the arguments. You're making the mistake of equating not answering a point immediately to losing that point.

And I don't work shifts, I work by appointment. If you'd like me to reschedule some of those appointments sometimes just because we're having a difference of opinion on here, then I'll certainly consider it.

Or, rather, I won't. ;)

I've lost a few points to you, sure, that's how it goes, but I've won more. And without losing any of the arguments. You're making the mistake of equating not answering a point immediately to losing that point.

And the band played 'Believe me if you Like'.

And I don't work shifts, I work by appointment. If you'd like me to reschedule some of those appointments sometimes just because we're having a difference of opinion on here, then I'll certainly consider it.

Or, rather, I won't. ;)

Doesn't explain why you always 'have something better to do' as and when you lose the argument. I presume you have an appointment duly scheduled for when you give up the ghost on this thread. :rolleyes:

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Doesn't explain why you always 'have something better to do' as and when you lose the argument.

True, it doesn't.

But only because the situation hasn't arisen. :rolleyes:

True, it doesn't.

But only because the situation hasn't arisen. :rolleyes:

Because the 'appointments' don't really exist?

Archived