What Was The Last Film You Watched? - Page 8 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

What Was The Last Film You Watched?

Mr.Kennedy

Inception - 6/10 Very disappointed, thought it was gonna be a belter but just thought it was boring.

Cyrus - 6/10 Not bad, a few funny bits, but not great.

Man On Fire - 8/10 Pretty entertaining to watch wi a few swallies.

Shrek 4 6/10 Pretty boring.

Some people never go crazy, what truly horrible lifes they must live - Charles Bukowski

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My visits to this site have been sporadic lately but I'm sure I wouldn't have missed your coming out announcement?

He announced it to the world a couple of weeks ago...

The Notebook - Absolutely adored it and reckon only the completely heartless would not be touched by the story.
Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Quality film. Did you have the DVD version with the alternative ending included in the extras?

No, just DL'd off Pirate Bay.... sssshhhhhhh.... bit of a downbeat ending in an upbeat kinda way, most enjoyable film I've seen in a while.

Some people never go crazy, what truly horrible lifes they must live - Charles Bukowski

No, just DL'd off Pirate Bay.... sssshhhhhhh.... bit of a downbeat ending in an upbeat kinda way, most enjoyable film I've seen in a while.

The alternative ending is of a similar mood but it's got some added dark humour in there. There's also some naughty scenes that were cut in the extras - the girls mother certainly takes her vitamins.

ryu-blackhadou.gif

jSuper_Street_Fighter_II_Turbo.png

An internet fud is still a fud.

• 3 weeks later...

Been quiet in here!

Just before Christmas - It's A Wonderful Life - Had never seen it before and thought I knew the basics of the story and although did the time giving to the downfall v the 'if hadn't been born' parts was complete reverse of how I expected it but it worked very well. I don't think it lived right up to the full hype but the ending is very good and certainly left with a big smile - 8/10

2011;

The Next Three Days - I enjoyed this, thought the leads were very good but some elements of the story were a bit far-fetched while the rest was very grounded so it stuck out. Also was very long and a lot of stuff could easily have been cut out. Overall decent though - 7/10

127 Hours - Absolutely horrifying film personally. I don't bother with horror films but the ones that are based in reality always send a shiver right down my spine. With this being based on a true story it did exactly that! It was shot extremely well meaning that for what could have been a very boring segment in the film there was no downtime at all. Then the whole 'main event' of it was extremely gory. Watched most of that with a hand over my eyes. - 8/10

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

Watched a couple on TV over the weekend.

Crazy Heart was really good, Jeff Bridges was excellent as Bad Blake. I'll never do it but watching the film put me in the mood for digging the book out.

The Weather Man. Not a big fan of Gore Verbinski films but this was good.

Usually wonder why Nicolas Cage bothers but every now and again he's half decent. Best I've seen him since Leaving Las Vegas.

He suits these kind of melechonic roles much better than his action hero ego fests.

Although less strange than usual the wig was still on top form.

Also saw the latest Narnia film at the local world of Cine last week. Wasn't great, very formulaic, very predictable.

Diet Lord of the Rings.

£51 for a family of 5 as well, and that's before £8.75 for a coke and popcorn.

And people complain about football prices :ph34r:

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

This weekend, I watched:

Four Lions - great movie, very funny (with one of the funniest lines I've heard in a film): 8.5/10.

Acolytes - Aussie thriller, not bad at all, though maybe more for the Skins generation: 7/10

The Girl Who Played With Fire - again, pretty enjoyable sequel to Girl With The Dragon Tattoo: 7.5/10

Unstoppable - 8/10 - Again, big Denzel on top form. Crackin film.

Dinner For Schmucks - 6/10 - Not a big fan of Steve Carell but he was pretty funny in this one. Had me laughing quite a bit and I'd probably watch again.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - 8/10 - Really enjoyed it. One of Jim Carrey's better efforts of the last decade.

Buried - 9/10 - For and hour and a half of just a guy in a wooden box, it was suprisingly brilliant. Thought this was feckin magic and I'd watch it again for sure.

Frozen - 4/10 - s***e, but some unintentionally(?) funny bits. I was howling when the guy jumped off the ski lift. Pure daft plot.

KennedyDog.gif

Devil - pretty simple storyline. I thought it should have been a lot scarier, creepier and more atmospheric. Never really happened and it was predictable late on. 4/10

Robin Hood - much more like it! Bit of a darker take on the story of Robin Hood and the lead roles were played really well by Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett. Bit more comic relief needed though. Still a good 7/10 and recommended.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Ultramarines. Film about Warhammer 40k. As a fan of the games I gave it a go, it's not very good though, 5/10.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Ultramarines. Film about Warhammer 40k. As a fan of the games I gave it a go, it's not very good though, 5/10.

Dawn of War rules! I miss my PC...

Anyway, watched Employee of the Month (again) the other night. Love it. 9/10

ryu-blackhadou.gif

jSuper_Street_Fighter_II_Turbo.png

An internet fud is still a fud.

Dawn of War rules! I miss my PC...

Anyway, watched Employee of the Month (again) the other night. Love it. 9/10

Damn right. I watched the film and even though it was average I put DoW on right away. I've got the new one here as well, never played that so I'll move on when I finish :D

onsP5NR.jpg

The Green Hornet (3D) - Had no idea what to expect at all but this film tickled me the right way! Think of it as your normal Seth Rogan type film, watered down slightly for a younger audience and given a superhero twist! The scene of him and Kaedo fighting each other had me in stiches - 8/10

It has made me realise 3D is very overrated, only my 2nd 3D film and was only 3D as there was no 2D option available.

Black Swan - Either this whooshed over me but I didn't really seem to get it. The folks I was with loved it, I thought it was alright and some of the scenes were very intense! But just felt meh by the end - 6/10

Still, Mila Kunis :wub:

Outcast - a weird Scottish film set in a dingy council estate in Edinburgh. It's pretty dark and depressing throughout, with a fair bit of neds batterin cunts n shaggin burds n that. Oh, and with a bit of Irish celtic magic and gypsy ritual stuff and a monster thrown in. It's not as cheesy as it sounds but the social commentary is as interesting as the monster horror bit.

The cast is quite good. James Nesbitt is a creepy Irish magic wielder, Ciaran McMenamin (new Irish guy from Primeval) as his sidekick and Karen Gillan (the hot one from Doctor Who) is a wee dirty ladette! :lol:

Definitely a bizarre film but a good watch.

6/10

onsP5NR.jpg

Morning Glory - Very feel good film (I think I caught it at just the right time as I had been having a sh1tty day up to that point) and a lot of the laughs I found to be very good. Harrison Ford is an exceptional comic actor with some brilliant deliveries and timing. And Rachel McAdams has always be a big win for me! - 7/10

It's Kind Of A Funny Story - 7/10 - Depressed teenager checks himself into a psychiatric ward and the fun ensues :P Not amazing by any means, but quite enjoyable. Some funny moments.

Life As We Know It - 7/10 - Couple dies in a car accident and the godparents, who don't get along, are granted custody of their baby. Just your typical rom-com. Katherine Heigl makes it worth the watch :wub:

Case 39 - 5/10 - Cheesy as ****. Renee Zellwhatever is a pretty terrible actress...in this anyway.

The Book of Eli - 9/10 - Denzel is a bad-ass! Great film with plenty of action. Kinda reminded me of Blade in a way, without the whole vampire gimmick. Definitely recommend this.

KennedyDog.gif

Archived