Eateries In Inverclyde - Page 3 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Eateries In Inverclyde

Youngsa

I don't get the bit in bold. If I'm going to pay for food in a restaurant, its got to be something better than I can make at home. If it isn't then why am I paying more for someone to heat it up than it would cost for me to make it at home? Even if the view is stunning.

I don't see the problem - what I've had in there IS as good as I could make myself and usually better.

If the ingredients are good quality, any sauces are well-prepared and the food is nicely cooked then who cares if it might not all have been freshly prepared as you waited?

It's about what's on the plate in front of you and what you think of it, nothing else. Except the value for money part I suppose; I would expect everything to be freshly prepared and of a very high standard in an "occasion" restaurant, but for a casual meal in a pleasant place I've found the places I mentioned to be fine.

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right......."

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you want to reverse that.....

"table for one willow, in the corner, my good Scot".

Is there really much difference.

aye, there is.

To most Italians, being called an "itai" is about as welcome as a Scot being called a "sweaty sock" (from "jock") by an Englishnman.

ie, not very! :D

That surely can't offend or bother anyone?

Depends on the context I suppose; I wouldn't necessarily be annoyed if called that by somebody I didn't know but I wouldn't think much of them to be honest.

+1 for Fusion above the Vic. Excellent food, friendly service, good wines.

I'd also try out Palaminos at the Ingleston Equestrian Centre, in Bishopton. Had a really good burger in there the one time I was there, but not tried anything else. Not just burgers btw, a good full menu, interesting surroundings. The windows look out onto the training paddocks, so horses and stuff abound :)

Nice place

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

+1 for Fusion above the Vic. Excellent food, friendly service, good wines.

I'd also try out Palaminos at the Ingleston Equestrian Centre, in Bishopton. Had a really good burger in there the one time I was there, but not tried anything else. Not just burgers btw, a good full menu, interesting surroundings. The windows look out onto the training paddocks, so horses and stuff abound :)

Nice place

Is that the meat that was in your burger you were watching running around? :unsure: :ph34r:

Isn't it a lovely day.....

Yes Boozey, you are spot on.

The two posters have grievances against myself…..

Leyton is a Trust Member - Like the rest of the committee they hate me because I'm innocent and they wrongly accused me of theft.

Maccaboy - Very close to at least one committee member and friends of them

Any little thing I say or do will be picked on by them if they can see the slightest way of doing so.

That's life and just something I will have to live with.

Some sing of Celtic, Rangers

And some of Motherwell

Of Hibs and Partick Thistle

And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams

There’s one that they’ve forgotten

With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha

IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

Folks

Many thanks for the wide and varied selection of replies. I might end up an ever fatter bassa :D if I was to try them all. We went to Amaretto in Bridge of Weir which looked nice as we were passing and we werent let down. Excellent food and service and not too hard on the pocket either. Might give the place at Quarriers a blast sometime on a special occasion.

WDE - the place in Houston - is that the place across the road from the Fox and Hounds?

We will be spending a bit more time in the local area over the next few months and will give ourselves a treat trying out some of the suggestions above.

Thanks

Nope. The River Inn is actuyally in Crosslee. If you come from the Linwood side you will go through Crosslee before you get to Houston. Looks lovely outside.

Always wanted to try Amaretto. Pass it a lot and heard good reviews about it.

If you have a problem with me, text me. If you dont have my number then you don't know me well enough to have a problem with me.

Fusion's OK, nice atmosphere and reasonably good food

Spinny is great for a bite and a beer - great views and good banter all help and a roll on slice with onions always goes down well at 11pm with a guiness extra cold :-) brill

Cafe Balf has been just above average with one or two things been taken back (especially desserts), service can be a tad slow

Morgans is pile it high and sell it cheap - in my humble opinion, yet to meet anyone who has managed to consume the whole plate with service again a wee bit slow at times

Shenanigans gets my vote at the moment, was there with the extended family and food/atmosphere/service was really good

We go to inverkip hotel a couple of times a year and had no complaints, good food, nice wines........although if early you do have to give the table back! which can be a pain if your settlin in for the night with a good wine! :-)

I really enjoy a nice meal with good company and nice wines.............must be my age!!!! :huh:

Peace, harmony, mercy, love, patience and Talisker

animated84.gif

Loving HMS Willow's conspiracy theory as to why someone would remark about using offensive monikers - you just don't ****ing get it, eh?

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Sweaty Sock.

Exactly what my sassenach pal calls be on a regular basis, I won't type what I call him...the PC brigade will be up in arms.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

Leyton is a Trust Member - Like the rest of the committee they hate me because I'm innocent and they wrongly accused me of theft.

Any little thing I say or do will be picked on by them if they can see the slightest way of doing so.

:blink:

Nae idea where you get that from, chum - I can't speak for Leyton as I don't know him from Adam, but speaking personally I know nothing about you other than the persona you project on here, which hasn't offended or annoyed me at all as far as I can remember. And this discussion is just a very minor thing about collective and/or pejorative terms for people, it's no big deal.

As far as I can recall I've never had much of a dig at you, there ain't been any reason to, and anything I've ever seen or heard about your differences with the Trust has been on here; I've never had a conversation with anyone about it, ever. And I've no opinion on anyone's guilt or innocence; I don't know enough about it, and I'm not interested in learning any more about it either.

As for me being "very close to a committee member", it's news to me - unless they keep themselves as secret as the Masons used to, as far as I know I don't have the acquaintance of a single member of the Trust, committee member or otherwise.

Think you've got your wires well and truly crossed there; you've got me pegged as being someone that I ain't. But, like you said yourself, that's life and just something I will have to live with....... :)

:blink:

Nae idea where you get that from, chum - I can't speak for Leyton as I don't know him from Adam, but speaking personally I know nothing about you other than the persona you project on here, which hasn't offended or annoyed me at all as far as I can remember. And this discussion is just a very minor thing about collective and/or pejorative terms for people, it's no big deal.

As far as I can recall I've never had much of a dig at you, there ain't been any reason to, and anything I've ever seen or heard about your differences with the Trust has been on here; I've never had a conversation with anyone about it, ever. And I've no opinion on anyone's guilt or innocence; I don't know enough about it, and I'm not interested in learning any more about it either.

As for me being "very close to a committee member", it's news to me - unless they keep themselves as secret as the Masons used to, as far as I know I don't have the acquaintance of a single member of the Trust, committee member or otherwise.

Think you've got your wires well and truly crossed there; you've got me pegged as being someone that I ain't. But, like you said yourself, that's life and just something I will have to live with....... :)

Where did that sensible post come from. :blink:

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

im a trust member, your a trust member, so are plenty others

I always finish my plate in there - I'm fcking brilliant at eating though.

aye i managed it last week, mrs leyton was visibly disgusted

We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

Get yersels over to the Firth. I work there and need more hours. :ph34r:

The food's pretty good in there, but the last couple of times I've been in it's been let down a wee bit by being served on cold plates.

And by the way, if they're still using Jim Ward as a DJ you should have a word - the guy's rank rotten!

Disgusted? You should have a word, she should have been bursting with pride at your achievement! Well done anyway, a good effort.

probably more the fact she was paying "rich chips or both" "both hen, and a bottle of rose", and that i had a fair stab at finishing hers aswell

Get yersels over to the Firth. I work there and need more hours. :ph34r:

used to go to the quiz but the cheating got a nightmare, people getting every question right and iphones agogo, someone once got the length of the nile to within an inch

We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

Archived