England Will Win. - Page 2 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

England Will Win.

A lot of the grounds are at relatively high altitude including Johanesburg (over 5000ft IIRC) where the final will be played. Temperatures won't be excessive 'cos it's their winter.

The only European team I reckon might be in with a shout are Spain but my money (I don't gamble but you know what I mean) is on Argentina.

Just Visiting.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a think some of the african teams might be worth watching this year but if not al go with brazil but watch the africans

no chance mate the afican keepers get that job out of the job centre there pants

On my predictor I put down Brazil, Holland and England for winner, runner-up and 3rd place respectively. I'm tempted by Holland's 12/1 price when it comes to 'real' money.

FACT: No foreign manager has won the world cup

They've all been Scottish??? :huh:

SUNSET FESTIVAL
In aid of Ardgowan Hospice
Greenock Police Club
Saturday 2nd July 2011

The above event solely contributed a donation of over £1240 to the Hospice. Great night, great musical performances, and great generosity from all of those who participated. Thank you. It will be back!

Enquiries to sunsetfestival@yahoo.com

a think some of the african teams might be worth watching this year but if not al go with brazil but watch the africans

Nonsense, one will get to the second round (and strangely I think it'll be Ivory Coast knocking Cristiano Aveiro out in the first round! :lol: ). That will be all.

The only European team I reckon might be in with a shout are Spain but my money (I don't gamble but you know what I mean) is on Argentina.

That's the 2 countries i'm going for as well. :)

The future just ain't what it used to be

Spain should indeed be the favourites because not only were they the first ever European side to qualify for a World Cup with a 100% record (apparently) but their strength in depth is scary. They've got a settled line up and unlike at Euro 2008 they've been able to play Torres and Villa. Fabregas can't even get in the team for christ's sake.

The biggest obstacle is of course the European team's inability to win it outside of Europe, Brazil are their main rivals. Assuming they both win their groups they go into opposite sides of the draw I think, so here's hoping for a Brazil v Spain final.

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

England moaning about a "curse" already after 1 day of arriving in SA

Nice to get your excuses in early eh boys?

If you have a curse after reaching the World Cup with the easiest group imaginable then what the feck do Scotland have????

FACT: No foreign manager has won the world cup

so if he does he will be the first

And if any European country win it I think they'd be the first to do so outside Europe.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

And if any European country win it I think they'd be the first to do so outside Europe.

well brazil are the only country it win it outside their own continent, so using that logic it has to be an african team or brazil to win. :rolleyes:

But i'm still going for spain or the argies.

Ideally though germany or the argies winning it will piss off almost everyone down here in england, that would be funny. :)

The future just ain't what it used to be

Archived