Bobby Barr - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Bobby Barr

Ton14

I see he has been released by Albion Rovers following a shouting match with the manager.

3rd Division Player of the Year last season.

Could he make the jump up 2 leagues? We desperately need a striker and he is now on a free.

Cue Backlash!

I'd rather continue with the strikers we have than have another player like him at the club, if thats what his attitude is like. We're trying to get rid of players like him, not add to it.

Surely he wouldnt be able to play until January anyway.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

He hasn't actually been released.

From the Albion Rovers official website:

A clarification about the Bobby Barr situation has been issued. He has not been released by the Club, nor will he be. Paul Martin is trying to arrange a loan deal and/or training facilities for him until the January transfer window when he will be available for transfer. The Club will continue to pay him until such times as another Club signs him in January or he reaches the end of his contract.

http://www.albionrovers.com/latest.htm

I'd rather continue with the strikers we have than have another player like him at the club, if thats what his attitude is like. We're trying to get rid of players like him, not add to it.

How many players do we have that shout at the manager? They are all the manager's best pal, remember? :ph34r:

I work with a boy who plays left back for Brechin who is very pally with this boy Barr.

When this news broke on Monday my workmate was going to training that night so he mentioned it to Jim Duffy before it hit the papers yesterday.

Jim Duffy said " bring him along Thursday night" so he may well have a new club before the week is out.

Wigan have released some guy that could do a job for us as well. A good striker in more ways than one. The only drawback is that we'd probably have to wait for at least 9 months before we could sign him.

:lol: AND he says he's a mullti-millionaire....... maybe he'll buy the club from Dougie!

AND....... maybe he'll sneak in under oor Mr Donald's radar and buy the Lloyds Bank Works XI with the change!!! :lol:

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right......."

The former St Johnstone kid was then the victim of a cost-cutting exercise at the roofing company which is jointly owned by Albion's manager Paul Martin.

Something a bit fishy? :lol:

'Course not, the roofing company were just cutting their overheads! :lol:

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right......."

I work with a boy who plays left back for Brechin who is very pally with this boy Barr.

When this news broke on Monday my workmate was going to training that night so he mentioned it to Jim Duffy before it hit the papers yesterday.

Jim Duffy said " bring him along Thursday night" so he may well have a new club before the week is out.

At last, someone of this board with a legitimate source!!! :P

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/8358107.stm

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

"Robert decided to shout at me and the coaching staff.

"That is the fourth time in games recently Robert has shouted things

"It has happened at training countless times and I have also been able to smooth things over but enough is enough."Robert is a talented player, he was the Third Division Player of the Year last season, and I have invested a lot of time in him since he came here both on and off the pitch.

Diving, feigning injury, over the top tackles etc. are one thing but this shouting can't be tolerated. Can you imagine young impressionable kids coming to Cappielow and hearing a player shouting? Don't touch him with a bargepole.

Archived