Greenock - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Greenock

peedzy

Following on the topic about Largs. Can we hand-on-heart say Greenock is a Morton town or is it an OF ned-fest?

Horrible horrible question but I have to admit its an OF nedfest :(

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

Following on the topic about Largs. Can we hand-on-heart say Greenock is a Morton town or is it an OF ned-fest?

OF without a doubt i think... most of my mates and the people in my old high school supported Celtic.

Infact i was brought up to be a Celtic supported due to my dad being one but i eventually grew out of it because i didnt go to the games or that and i went along to a few ton matches with my mate and never looked by since :D

1379248855-xxSCO%20STINSONxx.png

Guest Eric M.

It's Greenock Morton not Greenock Celtic or Greenock Rangers. Greenock will always be a Morton town.

We just have to feel sorry for the poor misguided residents who support the Old Firm.

Of course its a Morton town. If there was only one supporter then it would be a Morton town. There are probably some areas of the country where there are more indians/africans/polish living than scots, does that mean that they're in india/africa/poland?

Every single piece of Morton history belongs to this town, there is basolutely no history from buying a £40 top and watching a game on TV every week.

Greenock is just like every other town in Scotland, it has the so called old firm " fans " but in no way or shape does that make this their town.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

just a quick question.

Are we Morton FC or Grennock Morton FC .... was the official title....what do you call your team?

Regards,

Brian.

?? You at it mate :o

Of course its a Morton town. If there was only one supporter then it would be a Morton town. There are probably some areas of the country where there are more indians/africans/polish living than scots, does that mean that they're in india/africa/poland?

Every single piece of Morton history belongs to this town, there is basolutely no history from buying a £40 top and watching a game on TV every week.

Greenock is just like every other town in Scotland, it has the so called old firm " fans " but in no way or shape does that make this their town.

Very good post mate.

If you have a problem with me, text me. If you dont have my number then you don't know me well enough to have a problem with me.

I'd like to think it was a Morton town, but have my doubts. :(

The one instance that stands out for me, was when out celebrating after beating Peterhead to clinch the title. A group of Celtic fans started dishing out abuse about how "its only the diddy 3rd division", "Come back when your goin to Seville to play for real silverware" bla bla bla. I was bloody fuming & after bringing along a load of guys I worked with at the time for a good day out, we left Greenock early & headed back to Irvine for some peace!

The one thing I will say is, when my Dad was in the Army, there were quite a few lads from the Greenock area who were Ton fans & would always speak to me when I wore the top whilst living in Germany etc. Other thing that sticks out is, there are many Old Firm fans from Greenock who do have a soft spot for the Ton, makes me sick tbh, but its better than abusing them I suppose.

I'd like to think it was a Morton town, but have my doubts. :(

The one instance that stands out for me, was when out celebrating after beating Peterhead to clinch the title. A group of Celtic fans started dishing out abuse about how "its only the diddy 3rd division", "Come back when your goin to Seville to play for real silverware" bla bla bla. I was bloody fuming & after bringing along a load of guys I worked with at the time for a good day out, we left Greenock early & headed back to Irvine for some peace!

The one thing I will say is, when my Dad was in the Army, there were quite a few lads from the Greenock area who were Ton fans & would always speak to me when I wore the top whilst living in Germany etc. Other thing that sticks out is, there are many Old Firm fans from Greenock who do have a soft spot for the Ton, makes me sick tbh, but its better than abusing them I suppose.

As a bourtreehill boy, I'd reckon that's the first time I've ever seen that statement made.

Greenock should be a Morton town, and would be in any other country. Problem with Scotland is that a lot of "football supporting" is not based on locality but on religion and pot hunting.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

Problem with Scotland is that a lot of "football supporting" is not based on locality but on religion

That is really not true, is it?

Ask 90% of the bigot brothers anything about religion and you would not get many answers back.

Its more like ignorance and blind hatred behind the reason as to why they follow the OF not football or religion.

Greenock Morton is the local team. Is it a Greenock Morton town in support, nope. Celtic, Rangers then Morton and that is fact, whether you like it or not.

As a bourtreehill boy, I'd reckon that's the first time I've ever seen that statement made.

Greenock should be a Morton town, and would be in any other country. Problem with Scotland is that a lot of "football supporting" is not based on locality but on religion and pot hunting.

:lol: :lol:

B-Hill's rough as f*ck tho!! :P

That is really not true, is it?

Ask 90% of the bigot brothers anything about religion and you would not get many answers back.

Its more like ignorance and blind hatred behind the reason as to why they follow the OF not football or religion.

Greenock Morton is the local team. Is it a Greenock Morton town in support, nope. Celtic, Rangers then Morton and that is fact, whether you like it or not.

OK, maybe not religion, but the school that they went to. Is that more realistic?

:lol: :lol:

B-Hill's rough as f*ck tho!! :P

And the rest of Irvine isn't?

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

Archived