Europa League Started - Page 8 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Europa League Started

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Villareal v Lazio looks like the tie of the round, anyone knows if there is a MOTD type show for the Europa League this season?

Eurosport can be quite good for highlights. Usually on right after the majority of the games have just finished.

Villareal v Lazio looks like the tie of the round, anyone knows if there is a MOTD type show for the Europa League this season?

Five have first pick from each matchday and plan to show a highlights programme after that match. Hopefully they do get around to doing that.

IIRC, ITV have 2nd and 3rd picks while Setanta were due to have 4th and 5th picks from each matchday but obviously they're not around any more.

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man"

morton4rp5.png

• 3 weeks later...

It all kicks off this evening with half the matches getting underway at 6pm and the rest starting at 8.05pm.

ITV will apparently be showing every goal from every game before they finish up tonight and ESPN have a seperate highlights show at 11pm tonight.

Here are the live matches:

Hapoel Tel Aviv vs Celtic (ESPN, 6pm)

CSKA Sofia vs Fulham (ITV4, 6pm)

Everton vs AEK Athens (Five, 8.05pm)

Athletic Bilbao vs Austria Vienna (ITV4, 8.05pm)

Fenerbahce vs FC Twente (ESPN, 8.05pm)

morton4rp5.png

Well, that's Celtic's poor away record still on the go. What an awful, awful side Hapoel were - how Celtic weren't ahead by more when they were on top is beyond me.

Some interesting results from the other early games as well. Rapid Vienna battered Hamburg 3-0 and Basel beat Roma 2-0.

morton4rp5.png

Well, that's Celtic's poor away record still on the go. What an awful, awful side Hapoel were - how Celtic weren't ahead by more when they were on top is beyond me.

Some interesting results from the other early games as well. Rapid Vienna battered Hamburg 3-0 and Basel beat Roma 2-0.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I only seen bits of this game, sellic were 1 up & all over them every time i looked, now i've just seen the final score.

:lol: Hilarious !!!

The future just ain't what it used to be

the new format is partly to help prevent such unfairness it would seem.

celtic usually do well at home in europe

(this season has been an exception), however I think if they can get their home form back they may well make it to the semi finals at least.

Great - have they left Parkhead for good ?

Now when the **** move to Engerlund.

:)

Celtic manager Tony Mowbray thought the Israeli heat had drained his players as Hapoel Tel-Aviv came from behind to win 2-1 in the Europa League.

"The conditions were very demanding, covering that extra yard became more difficult," said a dejected Mowbray.

Will the Hapoel Tel-Aviv manager complain about the cold of Glasgow on 2 December ?

:blink:

Looks like Mowbray is a graduate of the Irons Academy for Excuse Making.

:(

Celtic manager Tony Mowbray thought the Israeli heat had drained his players as Hapoel Tel-Aviv came from behind to win 2-1 in the Europa League.

"The conditions were very demanding, covering that extra yard became more difficult," said a dejected Mowbray.

Will the Hapoel Tel-Aviv manager complain about the cold of Glasgow on 2 December ?

:blink:

Looks like Mowbray is a graduate of the Irons Academy for Excuse Making.

:(

Kenny Dalglish apparently blamed it on the altitude on his post-match analysis! How high above sea-level is Tel Aviv? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Shame Ajax gave away a late equaliser at Anderlecht. now neeed to do better than the Zagreb matches a few seasons back, and beat the Belgians at home. Sorted. :unsure:

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived