Snp Win Glasgow East - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Snp Win Glasgow East

Guest David Edwards

Guest David Edwards

Congratulations to John Mason. He ran a good campaign, although his victory could be seen as not so much an endorsement of the SNP but more like a good kicking for the Labour Party. There's no doubt that the kicking was deserved because Labour has, with few exceptions, persistently betrayed the interests of ordinary Scottish people. Whether or not the result marks a significant turning point is unclear, particularly so given the low (42.5%) turnout. Whatever, despite my dislike and distrust of the SNP, I'm pleased. Who knows, this might be a step in the correct direction i.e. a way forward to self determination. Will this result encourage the Government to bring the referendum date forward or will Eck bottle it again? We'll see.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest David Edwards

A good acceptance speech from John Mason as well. He spoke of the need for change. Again, we shall see.

The nationalist perfect storm continues to develop in 2010.

Can New Labour survive the impending disaster: no funds, no clear ideology, no leadership?

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Of course the bad thing about the campaign ending is that Cairns will now go back to his own constituency...GIRUY :lol: :lol: :lol:

Would he survive in 2010 though.

The SNP vote was substantial in the Scottish elections: McNeil's majority cut to 3,500 IIRC?

One can but dream of removing another prize sycophant.

Curran must be on a different planet: a member of New Labour whose sole aim is to eradicate poverty and deprivation?

Must have a word with Captain Broon. ^_^

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

people did laugh when salmond said 20 snp mps in 2010. now that figure looks practically modest. Cairns ran a typically negative campaign and from what i hear he was the driving force behind the forced recount. dissapointed that the "separatist b*****ds" over at solidarity were beaten, albeit narrowly by the ssp. murdo fraser, off form all night has just committed blasmphemy: John Curtice got it wrong. Never! the mans a legend!

FAO david edwards. For a by election thats actually a very high turnout, given the date and the seat always having a low tunrout (38 % in 2005)

We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

The lack of a Tory breakthrough makes the 2010 split even more likely.

I genuinely think tonight is pivotal to the independence movement: what is there now to stop it: Iain Gray?

people did laugh when salmond said 20 snp mps in 2010. now that figure looks practically modest. Cairns ran a typically negative campaign and from what i hear he was the driving force behind the forced recount. dissapointed that the "separatist b*****ds" over at solidarity were beaten, albeit narrowly by the ssp. murdo fraser, off form all night has just committed blasmphemy: John Curtice got it wrong. Never! the mans a legend!

FAO david edwards. For a by election thats actually a very high turnout, given the date and the seat always having a low tunrout (38 % in 2005)

'Twas a sunny day!

No posting by mortonjag !!!

Is he out celebrating with his lady ?

:lol:

The lack of a Tory breakthrough makes the 2010 split even more likely.

I genuinely think tonight is pivotal to the independence movement: what is there now to stop it: Iain Gray?

SPARROT, you're at it again! :lol:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

Guest David Edwards

That may be, but for democracy's sake, it's pathetic.

Why did mortonjag laugh at this ?

Is it too close to the bone ?

Mortonjag's spectral sexual appetite might well encompass the likes of Wee Nickerless.

He/she/it's still one ugly creation.

Some might claim the same of an old goat.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

ya beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well cairns , Mc neil looking over your shoulder yet??? :lol: :lol:

Seriously ,forgive my little gloat , a great win by a good candidate and a very good acceptance speech, a voice of reason pity Mrs Curran did not follow his example.

If he does what he says he intends to do Glasgow east will have a very good MP. :) :) I just still get the feeling that despite the Labourites saying they are listening , they still dont get it !

SNP - STRONGER FOR SCOTLAND

Excellent and incredible result for the SNP. The Salmond bandwagon rolls on and on, what an incredible leader he is !

Labour are in a sorry state. A Party that's almost bankrupt, with a pathetic leader in Westminster and no leader at Holyrood (with no one credible to take over).

Roll on the referendum !!!

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

Excellent and incredible result for the SNP. The Salmond bandwagon rolls on and on, what an incredible leader he is !

Labour are in a sorry state. A Party that's almost bankrupt, with a pathetic leader in Westminster and no leader at Holyrood (with no one credible to take over).

Roll on the referendum !!!

I could not have put it better Spurtle.

YER BARD

That may be, but for democracy's sake, it's pathetic.

I have to agree despite all the effort the turn out is low, and is worrying. however Labours fightback came to a shuddering halt in Glasgow east and it never got out of first gear.

As David Cairns orchestrated their ill fated campaign will he accept full responsibility unlike Douglas Alexander who oversaw the farce of the Scottish Government elections. I wont hold my breath under water waiting for his statementto that effect.

A busted Flush?

SNP - STRONGER FOR SCOTLAND

I have to agree despite all the effort the turn out is low, and is worrying. however Labours fightback came to a shuddering halt in Glasgow east and it never got out of first gear.

As David Cairns orchestrated their ill fated campaign will he accept full responsibility unlike Douglas Alexander who oversaw the farce of the Scottish Government elections. I wont hold my breath under water waiting for his statementto that effect.

A busted Flush?

Oh well, for me the greatest joy is the smug smirk being wiped of C*NT CURRAN'S face. Next time I pass her in Newlands Safeway I shall smile and wish her 'Good Day'. :lol:

YER BARD

if this swing relflects in the whole of scotland in 2010 then the main man cairns, gordon brown douglas alexander and even captain eagle himself alistair darling will fall

whose left to take the poisoned chalice of leader now? will duncy step up to the plate? perhaps in a bid to rescue a seat which is surely under threat

We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

if this swing relflects in the whole of scotland in 2010 then the main man cairns, gordon brown douglas alexander and even captain eagle himself alistair darling will fall

whose left to take the poisoned chalice of leader now? will duncy step up to the plate? perhaps in a bid to rescue a seat which is surely under threat

Is this the first flicker of hope that three quarters of Scotland's Cooncils will soon become graft free?

AYE RIGHT! :ph34r:

YER BARD

Archived