Worst Pub You've Ever Been To? - Page 8 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Worst Pub You've Ever Been To?

Toby

I hate that pub purely for the fact that the first time I was in it, I ended up drinking more than my fair share and ended up spending £30 on this wee arcade machine where you had to build up a set of coloured blocks right to the top in order to win a price.

£30 spent trying to win a stupid wee plastic world cup trophy, what was I thinking :lol:

Been there my friend. Seems like the most important thing in the world at the time and before ye know it you're back at the ATM for more money.

ryu-blackhadou.gif

jSuper_Street_Fighter_II_Turbo.png

An internet fud is still a fud.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was one in downtown victoria thr douglas hotel I think it was called which was an absolute sheite hole where the indigenous alcky indians would gather along with the down and outs, meth heads and whores from early doors and the place was just mental...fights, dealing,sexual liaisons and good old country and western music....mind you it was the first pub open so used it a couple o times.

vancouver island is a wonderful place.have you ever been to port alberni or carlton.also shemanus is always good for some good loggers hospitality.used to visit the island on a regular basis.some of the roughest bars in the world there.

:rolleyes: hmmm. . . . Worst pub had got to be the star in the port or the black cat.

The place we all love to hate is the jimmy. We all moan about it but we all go. . ! I'm one of them anyway!

Above is turning into a dive also.

Best place to go before a good night out is the Morton, cheap drink and friendly people. . . Most of all Morton fans!

depends on how you define talent. If yer into schoolies and neddy wee slappers etc then aye.

Pretty much mate, cannae beat a schoolie neddy wee slapper though. They are my favourite!

A pub that used to get a bit of a hard time was the lighthouse ,anytime i ever go in im made to feel welcome,was in one sunday afternoon after a heavy night before and was trully rattling when this old guys dug spewed up and then started eating it!! :crying:

I ended up boaking and going outside ,on my return the old c*** was cleaning it up with a sunday supplement out the news of the world!!! :lol:

Guest GibbyTON
no doubt about it the worst boozer I have ever been in was the riverside hotel in nanyuki, kenya, a real quality toilet that serves a nice african brew called tusker, in greenock however the accolade of worst boozer has to go to the burns lounge. about as welcoming as a suicide bomber in iraq tbh, used to enjoy a wee pint there but the wall paper is from god knows when so its just like stepping into a time warp, it kind of feel wicker man esq tbh.

Stevie, i will back you up on that one, what a complete Boak of a place

I was in a pub up the Gibby years back called Broons? or something...bit dodgy to say the least. Pretty sure it's shut down now.

Never frequented Broons but I'm pretty sure it was a bit mental.

When all the guys used to come out of the yards from the night shift, many would head into Broons to partake of the trays of fried eggs and glasses of whiskey, Classy :lol:

Broons wasnt mental, just a basic working mans pub. Although someone i knew quite well was murdered outside it many years back. Im sure i saw a video clip from years back also when the Corries played in there, can anyone confirm this ?

Ive heard Monty's is good in the Port :ph34r:

one word "Legends"

you wipe yer feet on the way out of that place, only been in once and that was enough for me, absolutely stinking, sticky floor and boggin glasses! DUMP :ill:

Legends. Classy as f***.

Even Legends doesn't come close.

I've half hour to kill in Greenock tomorrow before I meet the missus from work. I'm meeting her at Subway so think I'll score the infamous Legends off my "visited" list. :lol:

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Guest David Edwards
It's OK but 1 of the bar staff (Karen?) in particular can be a pain in the arse at times. Cheap drink though.

Right lazy arse, I'm telling Karen you said that.You're going to have hell to pay. :P

I've half hour to kill in Greenock tomorrow before I meet the missus from work. I'm meeting her at Subway so think I'll score the infamous Legends off my "visited" list. :lol:

Are you taking the missus the game then Largston??????

Poor girl!!!!!

FINAL ETERNITY AROUSES REACTIONS

FREEING EXCELLANCE AFFECTS REALITY

FALLEN EMPIRES ARE RULING

FIND EARTH AND REAP

Are you taking the missus the game then Largston??????

Poor girl!!!!!

:lol:

Naw! We're goin to try and book a last min hol when she finishes work at lunchtime. Then I'm off to meet the lads for a few if you fancy it? :unsure:

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

• 5 weeks later...
I've embarked on a few minor tours of Greenock, last one comprised off the Old Bank Bar, Oscars, The Dockers, The Regal (a f***in scary place, and thats at half 3 in the afternoon), The Green Oak, the Argylle and the Willow. Previous adventures have included the likes of the Hole In The Wa', the Westburn and Legends. Classy as f***.

This thread reminds me though, of a pub I seen in Glasgow one day. I was down with a mate viewing a flat in them new blocks behind the St. Enochs Centre, just along from Slaters, and observed a pub down a wee side street, seemed to be the only populated building on the wee stretch of road, outside of which proudly flew an Ulster Flag along with a Union Flag - I have never seen a pub looking quite so completely scummy in my life. Anyone ever been brave enough to venture in there?? For all I know it could end up being the frendliest place in the country, but just from it's general appearence I think I would want 20 body guards with air support before I even went down the street, never mind the boozer.

:lol: :lol:

Thats Annie Millers.

*insert signature here*

After "that Game" in Stranraer 3 years ago, we stayed behind to go out for a drink - huge mistake. The first bar we walked into had about 8 folk in it, three of them at the one table, two wee wummin one with white clarks sandles on (circa 1978) and black tights, she was clutching her gold coloured handbag for dear life. The pub stops dead as we open the door and she exclaims "There's a laaaaadeeey!" and as my pals bird walks in "There's another laaaaaadeeeey!"

Then there's the Ship's Wheel - the stop off for all the shellic supporters before they get on the Ark back home. We walk in there and the air is blue with the mist of frying oil, absolutely accrid, eye burning. The bar staff have a deep fat fryer going behind the bar and are chucking bits of chicken into this thing and throwing the salmonella offerings to the animals to soak up their pints. :blink:

throwing the salmon ella offerings to the animals to soak up their pints. :blink:

Gidday Yoda,

I take it that it was a Friday.

:lol:

Archived