Why Didn't We Go For It Today? - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Why Didn't We Go For It Today?

IainMorton

I can understand McInally playing one up front and packing the midfield against teams like Dunfermline, Dundee and St. Johnstone but against Stirling we should be playing two up front and going for it.

I would have like to have seen a 4-4-2 with Graham up front with Templeman with probably Stevenson dropping to the bench.

Temps was well out of his depth today up front on his own and trying to play a ball for him to run on to is pointless as he has no speed, he needs the ball to feet or high balls to knock down.

I can understand McInally playing one up front and packing the midfield against teams like Dunfermline, Dundee and St. Johnstone but against Stirling we should be playing two up front and going for it.

I would have like to have seen a 4-4-2 with Graham up front with Templeman with probably Stevenson dropping to the bench.

Temps was well out of his depth today up front on his own and trying to play a ball for him to run on to is pointless as he has no speed, he needs the ball to feet or high balls to knock down.

He doesn't knock down though, he needs someone to run off him as he just about always flicks it ahead, today as lone striker no one was ahead...

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

He doesn't knock down though, he needs someone to run off him as he just about always flicks it ahead, today as lone striker no one was ahead...

He also needs someone to shoot for him as well. <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_tongue.png" alt=":P">

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

That's what I mean, he needs some-one up front with him to play off his knock down and flick ons. He tried it a few times today and there was nobody there with him to get on the end of anything.

Bobby Linn.

Forgot to mention criteria for said someone:

Must be pacey (tick)

Must have ability to finish (cross) :P

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Forgot to mention criteria for said someone:

Must be pacey (tick)

Must have ability to finish (cross) :P

Criteria for other centre forward:

Aerial threat ( :unsure: )

Must have ability to finish (cross)

Hmm, doesn't look good for Temps by imaginary criteria, does it? :unsure:

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Criteria for other centre forward:

Aerial threat ( :unsure: )

Must have ability to finish (cross)

Hmm, doesn't look good for Temps by imaginary criteria, does it? :unsure:

Lucky JM has no immiate plans to play a 4-4-2 with Templeman partnering himself then isn't it? :lol:

You said 'other' striker

Although he's still rotten as a lone striker.

onsP5NR.jpg

I thought McInally's tactics were wrong today fair enough play with 1 striker up front to start with but Stirling were there for the taking today. A blind man and his dog could see if Morton played with 2 strikers up front in the 2 half I have no doubt we would have won that game.

Lucky JM has no immiate plans to play a 4-4-2 with Templeman partnering himself then isn't it? :lol:

You said 'other' striker

Although he's still rotten as a lone striker.

No - you wanted a fast finisher up front - and so partner is needed for him(they get lonely).

Templeman does not appear to have those abilities. <_>

Well as a lone striker you are the most foward player so why would you knock the ball on ? He is good at holding the ball up at feet and playing it back but he should be taking a hit and trying to bring the ball down not just flicking the thing on .

I don't blame the player as we know how he plays but there must be a question over what the manager is trying to achieve .

Could it be our midfield aren't strong enough to play 4 , we know the defence was shaky with a 3 so we changed that system . Obviously McInally would rather gain a point as risk opening the game up .

Guest GibbyTON
Obviously McInally would rather gain a point as risk opening the game up .

Are you, as a fan, prepared to accept a point when we know fine well the team needs strengthened though

Archived