Return Of The Cowboy Manager - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Return Of The Cowboy Manager

I'm guessing but I would think that those he had in mind would be John and Marco Maisano, Alex Williams plus maybe Peter Weatherson or McCluskey.

Peter seems to have turned his attitude round big time since then.

exactly right.

the guy below loves the boaby.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally agree with manky's initial post.

Cowboy was badly let down by certain players and Dougie didn't exactly help matters. Dougie would probably still have John Maisano here now if he could, in fact I think I recall a programme note where he more or less said that and that McInally had over-ruled him on the matter.

I wish Cowboy the best of luck, he got us out the 3rd by playing some smashing football and he was always willing to spend time with us at supporters' functions Some folk have pretty short memories.

Tucker's Law prevails

i know who i blame for our collapse in 2004, and it isn't john mccormack. cowboy was a victim of a clique of idiot players and dougie's disastrous loyalty to them. if we'd fired 4 players instead of our manager, we'd have been in the first division long before now.

atrocious record my arse.

Spot on my friend, daft wee boys with too much money & their brains in their b***s. Felt sorry for McCormack at the time we didnt really have the squad depth to drop those halfwits.

Agree totally with the manky ones analysis. Cowboy wasn't the problem. The performance of the board was gutless when it came to dealing with the real issues in the dressing room.

:huh:

102 posts!?!

You really should get out more often.

It was either that or study the hydrolysis of proteins.

I know i made the right choice ;)

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Cowboy was badly let down by certain players and Dougie didn't exactly help matters. Dougie would probably still have John Maisano here now if he could, in fact I think I recall a programme note where he more or less said that and that McInally had over-ruled him on the matter.

I wish Cowboy the best of luck, he got us out the 3rd by playing some smashing football and he was always willing to spend time with us at supporters' functions Some folk have pretty short memories.

Ive no doubt Cowboy is a more likeable, friendly person than JM, and i wont shirk from giving Dougie his share of the blame.

As for Div 3, we were VERY fortunate to win that league. If the results of the last five weeks had went virtually any other way then we could not have won it.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Dougie made the same mistake, he thought we signed Mark, we actually signed Marc.

Right, so am I dougie, dan or anonymous? :lol:

I'm going to go for Herbert.

"Its good but its not the right answer"

:lol:

Then you are clearly Kamala.

15.jpg

Of course I am ;)

i know who i blame for our collapse in 2004, and it isn't john mccormack. cowboy was a victim of a clique of idiot players and dougie's disastrous loyalty to them. if we'd fired 4 players instead of our manager, we'd have been in the first division long before now.

Totally agree.

Best of luck Cowboy.

Some sing of Celtic, Rangers

And some of Motherwell

Of Hibs and Partick Thistle

And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams

There’s one that they’ve forgotten

With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha

IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

The players should have carried the can . I liked the way The Cowboys team played . Good luck to him in his new post as long as it doesn't affect our own progress in cup competitions ..

Short AND nasty!

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

A certain goalkeeper was to blame more than the Aussies.

I'm delighted for Cowboy. We didn't always see eye to eye but I always respected the bloke and he cared a lot for the club.

Met him a couple of times at games last season (once at a Albion game funnily enough) and he was delighted to see the Ton heading back to the First Division. I suppose the club has a habit of doing that to people - even if they haven't grown up as Morton followers. :rolleyes:

Good luck Cowboy and I hope you entertain at Albion like you so often did at the Ton. I'll never forget those away days at East Fife and Airdrie!

McCluskey was pish, total f***ing pish. :blink:

Not true Deego, McCluskey had more than enough ability to be a great player for us. Unfortunately, his attitude stank and he appeared to be a bit of a p***k.

ryu-blackhadou.gif

jSuper_Street_Fighter_II_Turbo.png

An internet fud is still a fud.

Not true Deego, McCluskey had more than enough ability to be a great player for us. Unfortunately, his attitude stank and he appeared to be a bit of a p***k.

I never rated him BH-a huge disappointment-are you saying he just didn't try?

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

Archived