Gmt - Page 2 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Gmt

HamCam

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you'd probably be one of the first to concur that not every 'gay' old boy hangs around public toilets and all those sordid sex clubs the way he did. The sort of person who pursues that kind of lifestyle is most likely to be riddled with diseases.

One person's debauchery is another's normality.....

MARTY OUT!!!!!

I love all this folk coming out the woodwork when someone famous dies. some amount of knicker twisting going on over George Micheal. the guy was an undoubted talent but got away with some amount of stuff that the normal bloke on the street would have been locked up for.

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

I love all this folk coming out the woodwork when someone famous dies. some amount of knicker twisting going on over George Micheal. the guy was an undoubted talent but got away with some amount of stuff that the normal bloke on the street would have been locked up for.

the whole entrainment industry seems full of stuff like that

He was locked up, for drug offences. What other unpunished offences are you referring to?

should have been locked away for his toilet incident, what jail time did he do for being out of his face numerous times whilst driving. every man to their own but I have seen plenty of guys who were locked up for a lot less than what he was accused of.

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

I have seen plenty of guys who were locked up for a lot less than what he was accused of.

What accusations, precisely? 

In any case, you don't lock people up for what they've been accused of unless of course you live under some tin-pot dictatorship. In free societies you try them and prove their guilt before imposing punishment.

And the 'toilet incident' happened in the US and he was dealt with through their judicial system and received a punishment (fine and 80 hours community service) that was I suspect entirely suitable for a non-violent first offence.

Not to my taste but a talented guy nonetheless. RIP.

Should have been jailed for plagiarising The Cure's Close to Me to create his big hit Faith.

Don't think that's entirely fair. The chord structure is similar but the melody is different (and significantly better) and Close To Me also doesn't use the Bo Diddley beat that was so distinctive in Faith.

Anyway, RIP and all that, people here who are judging his high-risk lifestyle probably aren't whiter than white themselves in some respects (diet? Alcohol? Stress?) Granted if you don't have anonymous gay sex in public facilities you will probably avoid early-onset pneumonia followed a little later by the inevitable 'quietly at home' demise. Then again, he seems to have enjoyed the way he lived, so fair play to him, I hope he's cottaging in heaven right now.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived