What Are You Listening To At The Moment? - Page 388 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

What Are You Listening To At The Moment?

amy

Funnily enough, I've got a week off work coming up soon and was looking at Cork for a couple of days. It's only around £300 for flights and hotel.

Have you been before Paul ?

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

Cork City can either be fantastic or meh, depending on what you choose to do. For decent boozers avoid the tourist traps along Oliver Plunkett St - although The Old Oak is good for live bands at night. MacCurtain St is a ten minute walk over the River Lee and the boozers ooze character. If you have time to kill and not just on a session go down to Kinsale - spectacular seafood in a restaurant called, I shit you knot, Fishy Fishy. Nice spot as well.

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

I was for an hour on Monday scraping a living. Can't comment as it was hosing it down.

Seems like an odd place to go, I'm assuming you had to?

It was for a friend's wedding, he grew up there. It was actually at a country hotel a few miles outside but the whole area was pretty great. Flew into Knock, very scenic drive over.

EOho8Pw.png

I was for an hour on Monday scraping a living. Can't comment as it was hosing it down.

Seems like an odd place to go, I'm assuming you had to?

You only have to work for an hour to scrape a living? Nice work if you can get it. ;)

*insert signature here*

Anyway, when you're knocking up your next 'edition' could you do The Hardy Boys this time please? Just had an email from our German label saying there are 10 copies of our reissued debut 12 inch single left and. A couple of hundred between both albums.

When I worked for record labels nothing used to frustrate us more than when a 'publication' wrote about a band when there was no product to sell. There's a good lad.

Morrissey had that same problem too. That was one of the reasons why he was so keen to ditch Rough Trade towards the end of The Smiths.

Have you ever read The Timelords Manual? That has to be one of the greatest books ever written. I bought it when I was about twelve and lent it to someone, and never seen it again.

*insert signature here*

Morrissey had that same problem too. That was one of the reasons why he was so keen to ditch Rough Trade towards the end of The Smiths.

Have you ever read The Timelords Manual? That has to be one of the greatest books ever written. I bought it when I was about twelve and lent it to someone, and never seen it again.

I haven't yet Paul but it's one I keep meaning to buy. Reading Mark E Smith's autobiography at the moment, thoroughly recommend that.

• Upvote 1

MARTY OUT!!!!!

I haven't yet Paul but it's one I keep meaning to buy. Reading Mark E Smith's autobiography at the moment, thoroughly recommend that.

If you can find a copy anywhere for less than £60, let me know.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Manual-How-Have-Number-Easy/dp/1899858652

I used to work with a guy who was once The Fall's Tour Manager. He always made interesting conversation.

*insert signature here*

If you can find a copy anywhere for less than £60, let me know.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Manual-How-Have-Number-Easy/dp/1899858652

I used to work with a guy who was once The Fall's Tour Manager. He always made interesting conversation.

I had a pint with Steve Trafford, their old bassist, a couple of weeks ago. He's a mate of my mate. He gets slaughtered by MES in the first two pages.

I live in Manchester, half the population have been in The Fall.

MARTY OUT!!!!!