What Are You Listening To At The Moment? - Page 390 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

What Are You Listening To At The Moment?

amy

Went to see The Rezillos in Falkirk last Saturday and they were awesome, first saw them at Grangemouth Town Hall in 1977. So... been listening to Can't Stand The Rezillos.

Also saw Feeder at the Queen's Hall in Edinburgh last Saturday night, sixth or seventh time me and Mrs cT have seen them live and never been disappointed.

Got Idlewild at the Old Leith Theatre in May.

Edited by centralTON

Think you'd like this mob

Thanks Geordie, hadn't heard them before and I'll look out for some more.

Caught the tail end of a programme on BBC2 last night which featured Throbbing Gristle and was thinking back to the early industrial/electronic stuff I was listening to in the early 80's. Ain't nostalgia great :)

Laibach - Geburt einer nation

Einsturzende Neubauten - Fuer den untergang

Die Toten Hosen - Unter den Wolken

Kraftwerk - Tour de France

Think you'd like this mob

Interesting, Einsturzende Naubauten, are a great band vastly underrated. They were one of the biggest influences on U2's change in direction c.1990.

Something I came across a couple of weeks ago was some East German punk from a band called Feeling B, from the late 1970s https://youtu.be/H80WDlfkZAA

I heard this song and I can't get it out of my head.

*insert signature here*

Thanks Geordie, hadn't heard them before and I'll look out for some more.

Their last two albums 'Spagat der Liebe' and 'Im Sinne der Zeit' and before that their imaginatively titled EP, 'EP' are superb, I recommend you start with them. This is 'Rote Sonne' from 'EP'...

Edited by Cet Homme Charmant
  • Upvote 2

Interesting, Einsturzende Naubauten, are a great band vastly underrated. They were one of the biggest influences on U2's change in direction c.1990.

Something I came across a couple of weeks ago was some East German punk from a band called Feeling B, from the late 1970s https://youtu.be/H80WDlfkZAA

I heard this song and I can't get it out of my head.

Paul thanks for the info. I knew that the two had toured at one point (bizarre combo) but wasn't aware of the influence having never been into U2. Agree that they are underrated and are worth investing a bit of time in. I was introduced to them by a welsh punk who travelled all over europe following them and was heavily into industrial and the german scene. He also spent a lot of time trying to convince me of the merits of Napalm Death but I managed to resist ;)  The east german punk was good fun.