Result Vs Gretna - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Result Vs Gretna

Mortonbug

A - How our other opponents in Division Two will be feeling about playing us now?

B - How you feel about next week's match against Raith Rovers at Cappielow?

C - How you feel about the quality of our team - good or bad?

D - How you feel about Gretna having turned them over today?

..................................................................................................................

A - I honestly think some teams, especially those who face us in the coming weeks, will be a little bit worried. We dwarfed the crowds at the other bigger side's matches today and we confidently turned over Gretna after taking the lead before anyway. Also the Gretna chairman Mileson has an arrogance to him whether he likes to admit it or not and he won't have expected us to come back and hit them like that. He won't be as cocky going in to the first league meeting between our teams down at Raydale.

B - I feel very confident, Raith won't be easy to beat but today's match against one of our toughest opponents who were playing like it was a league match made it very heartening.

C - Now Alex Williams is gone I think another player could be brought in and the squad could be padded out a tad more. But the quality on show today was incredible. Its like something we had been missing in the last two seasons was finally there.

D - I'm a little less worried about them now. We will defeat them several times if we play more consistently and Partick will play like we did against them today as well.

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

D - How you feel about Gretna having turned them over today?

12452[/snapback]

Wasn't there today, but how does beating 10 men in extra time qualify as "turning them over"?

AT

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

How does taking the negatives from a game you weren't at answer any of those questions?

Innes got two well deserved yellow cards. Their defence would have opened up if he was on or not. They simply pulled back an attacking player, that didn't do much to their chances on goal either.

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

Wasn't taking negatives - just asking you to clarify "turning them over" (which to me suggests a confortable 3-0 or better).

Have to say, had it been a league game we would have 1 point wouldn't we?

AT

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Turning them over means we defeated them - how can you comment on a game you never attended? - U work for the Daily Record?? Morton were the better team today imo and deserved their victory. In McAllister and Finlayson we had the 2 hardest working players on the park. The signs are good for the ton if the players can all stay fit.

Encouraging result but I wouldn't want to read too much into it. From what I heard we struggled for long periods. Great to see the team dig in to grind out a result but it's going to be a long season.

Guest se56an
Wasn't there today, but how does beating 10 men in extra time qualify as "turning them over"?

AT

12454[/snapback]

We did turn em over. You were not there so cannot comment!

Past experience with 2nd clubs always favours a team that is reduced to 10 men, however, as i have said on other threads, it was fitness that shined through big time yesterday, that and the use of subs, Jason ran amok with Gretna

We did turn em over. You were not there so cannot comment!

12650[/snapback]

Correct - I cannot comment. I merely asked a simple question.

I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition.

My only knowledge of the game came from a phone call to a friend just before half-time and he informed me that although we were 1-0 up, Gretna had the better of the play.

The radio Scotland guy said it was fairly even stuff.

Artmedia Bratislava turned c*lt*c over - they put 5 past them without reply.

We came from 2-1 behind in extra time to beat 10 men 3-2. By all accounts once we were in front it was one way traffic, but it was 1-1 at FT.

Sorry, I just don't get it.

AT

beaver, i can't see how you can say we lack creativity?

the first goal was 3 slide rule passes that would have carved open real madrid *ahem* followed by a masterful finish, and the third was just a joy to watch, as macalistair (how do you spell his name anyway?) skinned two men and forced the keeper to parry a fierce shot into lilley's path. both great examples of creative play breaking down a well-drilled and competent defence. i missed the second cos i answered my phone - it was my mate in england wanting to know the score. the motherf***er.

if you'd said we lacked consistency, fair enough, but a team with jim, mclaren, finlayson and lilley _even temps when he's on his game - can't be accused of lacking in creativity.

the guy below loves the boaby.

D - I am pretty worried about Gretna. Thought second half they played some excellent football and on another day they'd have 'turned us over'. If it wasnt for their final ball on many moves they would have won comfortably.

I would say they are the best footballing side we've faced in a long time and we'll need to go some to keep up woth them, let alone beat them. Looking forward to it though

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark

I thought we looked a lot weaker once Alex Walker went off.

He was winning a few tackles in there and holding the shape together but when Dean Keenan came on he seemed to drift a little.

I hope Alex Walker gets fully fit for the start of the season because he seems a good player and what we need to in the middle of the park.

We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Guest se56an
Correct - I cannot comment. I merely asked a simple question.

I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition.

My only knowledge of the game came from a phone call to a friend just before half-time and he informed me that although we were 1-0 up, Gretna had the better of the play.

The radio Scotland guy said it was fairly even stuff.

Artmedia Bratislava turned c*lt*c over - they put 5 past them without reply.

We came from 2-1 behind in extra time to beat 10 men 3-2. By all accounts once we were in front it was one way traffic, but it was 1-1 at FT.

Sorry, I just don't get it.

AT

12668[/snapback]

Well get to the games and you will get it!! :P

dont think we can take to much out of it, both teams where evenly matched and if it had been a league game would have finished in a draw

12687[/snapback]

Thank you - exactly my point.

AT

i missed the second cos i answered my phone - it was my mate in england wanting to know the score.  the motherf***er.

12676[/snapback]

its on the website now :D

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

Archived