Morton V St Mirren - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton V St Mirren

gmfc23

I think some fans will be lost due to the shambles with the gates. St Mirren have now sold 1,600 tickets, I think we would be lucky to pull the same number which is a real shame.

And are making inquiries to pay at the gate.

Given the loss of home support likely, i'd be cashing in on that. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decisions to allow pay at the gate in games that tickets were being sold are usually made last minute anyway (same for us when we go up there, only usually get confirmation the day before). Same with Dundee Utd away in the playoff - only told the night before that you can purchase at the ground. That way, it encourages everyone who can buy a ticket in advance to do so and clearly works seeing as they have sold 1600 in advance.

I'd be surprised if the green light wasn't given today for them to pay at the gate tomorrow (staffing dependant with maximum staff required at Sinclair St to sort out the home crowd).

Decisions to allow pay at the gate in games that tickets were being sold are usually made last minute anyway (same for us when we go up there, only usually get confirmation the day before). Same with Dundee Utd away in the playoff - only told the night before that you can purchase at the ground. That way, it encourages everyone who can buy a ticket in advance to do so and clearly works seeing as they have sold 1600 in advance.

I'd be surprised if the green light wasn't given today for them to pay at the gate tomorrow (staffing dependant with maximum staff required at Sinclair St to sort out the home crowd).

This is what pissed me off when i was reading P&B. They've got their needles in a twist, but the reality is it's  the same for us up there. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Sorry, Robert, but we are gash. 

They've a better squad than the one that ripped us a new one last season. All roads point to an away win.

You're a betting man; mortgage on it.

I don't think they do have a better squad. Imo the result hangs on what formation Duffy sends out. 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 and we've a 50/50 chance. 4-3-3 and give them the points now.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I don't think they do have a better squad. Imo the result hangs on what formation Duffy sends out. 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 and we've a 50/50 chance. 4-3-3 and give them the points now.

I reckon they've improved the squad somewhat. In any case, the fight they showed that night last season proved that they were better than their previous form. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

7 of the starting 11 from the 4-1 game will start tomorrow.

Billy O'Brien, Stephen Mallan and Rory Loy have all left or returned to their parent club and Kyle Magennis is injured.

Craig Samson, Ian McShane, Gavin Reilly and Cammy Smith are the four that are most likely to start in those positions.

1,600 tickets sold for the away end. Expect both teams to score, Saints to edge a five goal thriller.

They've a better squad than the one that ripped us a new one last season. All roads point to an away win.

No they don't and you would be hard pushed to find many of their fans that think that. Reilly is doing well, Duffy is a gamble, the lower league players will take time. They are down mallan which is huge and they prey for the return or Davis. Their keepers are gubbins too .

That said, we are well behind where we need to be so still fear an easy away win.

7 of the starting 11 from the 4-1 game will start tomorrow.

Billy O'Brien, Stephen Mallan and Rory Loy have all left or returned to their parent club and Kyle Magennis is injured.

Craig Samson, Ian McShane, Gavin Reilly and Cammy Smith are the four that are most likely to start in those positions.

1,600 tickets sold for the away end. Expect both teams to score, Saints to edge a five goal thriller.

We will also have 7 probably.

Shankland, Nesbitt, Lindsay are away and Oliver is just coming back so wont start.

Instead, McHugh, Quitongo, Thomson and Tidser should all start. 

That's our ticket office closed and club have reported sales of just over 1,900 for our end so not a bad support coming down.

Will always be a few who turn up without tickets so expect there might be some buddies buying on the day for the main stand since we can't buy for the WDE.

Duffy will be on the bench for us I expect.

That's our ticket office closed and club have reported sales of just over 1,900 for our end so not a bad support coming down.

Will always be a few who turn up without tickets so expect there might be some buddies buying on the day for the main stand since we can't buy for the WDE.

Hopefully pishing down!

Latest statement says that this is an all ticket match. Worth inquiring whether or not they'll be selling tickets elusively to Morton fans, or if you lot can buy. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

St.Mirren official twitter sad that there is definitely no plans to sell on the day, according to communication with Morton. This was 2 days ago; i hope we've changed our stance - why stop folk wanting getting to the game who want to go. 

Modern Football going mad. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Archived