Morton V Hamilton - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton V Hamilton

Morton 1-4 Stenny was far worse.

In any case, like others have said, I too found the game and the result of little interest. After 10 minutes it was clear we weren't going to win. Most of the time I was checking the results at Partick, Cowdenbeath, Dumfries and Stranraer, where there were still matters to be decided.

Same here. I brought my brother along as I had one last guest ticket to use up (incidentally, I hope they continue that incentive for next season) and, just as the team on the pitch were going through the motions, I was doing the same in the stand.

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man"

morton4rp5.png

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With nothing to play for, it looked to me as if Moore was experimenting. Fair enough but it would have been nice to have been given advance warning not to bother spending about £60 on travelling costs and gate money to watch players going through the motions.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

With nothing to play for, it looked to me as if Moore was experimenting. Fair enough but it would have been nice to have been given advance warning not to bother spending about £60 to watch players going through the motions.

He fielded a virtually identical squad to the one which disposed so easily of Livi the week before. Add to that his comments in the weekly interview and I fail to see why the Manager should be overly criticised for what was an unexpectedly poor performance against a very hungry Hamilton side inspired by May.

With nothing to play for, it looked to me as if Moore was experimenting. Fair enough but it would have been nice to have been given advance warning not to bother spending about £60 to watch players going through the motions.

Then we could have all stuck our hard earned on Hamilton. ;)

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

He fielded a virtually identical squad to the one which disposed so easily of Livi the week before. Add to that his comments in the weekly interview and I fail to see why the Manager should be overly criticised for what was an unexpectedly poor performance against a very hungry Hamilton side inspired by May.

I don't think it was unexpected at all considering our only win recently was against an even poorer Livi side.

I don't think it was unexpected at all considering our only win recently was against an even poorer Livi side.

Have we not lost 4 of our last 6 games? That is relegation form, 6 points from a possible 18. If that had been our rate of accrual of points throughout the season we would end up on 36 points.

I can accept the odd off day but 4 off days in 6 is a bit much.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Have we not lost 5 of our last 7 games? That is relegation form, 6 points from a possible 21. If that had been our rate of accrual of points throughout the season we would end up on about 31 points.

I can accept the odd off day but 5 off days in 7 is a bit much.

No :lol:

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

No :lol:

Sorted. The point remains the same though - our end of season run in has been pretty appalling.

Sorted. The point remains the same though - our end of season run in has been pretty appalling.

I agree. But as I have said before we couldn't improve our league position so the last 3 games have given us the opportunity to try some new things, squad players, 3-5-2, not risk injury etc. Its not been pretty but i'm sure Moore now has a better idea who to keep/replace.

Archived