Replay Date - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Replay Date

pink_panther

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not much thought for supporters of the national team.

I never get this argument. A pointless friendly for luxembourg or the chance to watch your own team play? Or this a tartan army thing about how you're only a real supporter if you turn up for the meaningless fixtures.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

I never get this argument. A pointless friendly for luxembourg or the chance to watch your own team play? Or this a tartan army thing about how you're only a real supporter if you turn up for the meaningless fixtures.

Nor do I, Brazil v Scotland at a World Cup final or Morton v Someone in a Renfrewshire Cup Semi Final..........Cappielow for me I'm afraid.

I'm sure Morton supporters, who also attend Scotland games, will have made their travel plans long before the date for cup replay was arranged.

Not much thought for supporters of the national team.

Yup, extremely disappointing.

Whit? :blink:

Scotland are going to Luxembourg - I'd be stunned if anyone was going to start that journey 24hrs before the match.

There's a group of 8 of us leaving for Luxembourg on the Tuesday that'll all be missing the replay- and as a result of the draw yesterday I'll miss my first home game in 17 years.

We'd already booked up well in advance on the assumption that there wasn't going to be a midweek fixture that week. Having spent around £300 each, you're not just going to throw that away and miss the trip. It also contributes to your points tally in order that you can get tickets for the more glamorous away games, so with some guys on no points at all was a good game to start getting themselves on the board in order to start going away more regularly. Only Scottish football fans would slag other Scottish Football fans for going to support their team.

Whit? :blink:

Scotland are going to Luxembourg - I'd be stunned if anyone was going to start that journey 24hrs before the match.

There's a group of 8 of us leaving for Luxembourg on the Tuesday that'll all be missing the replay- and as a result of the draw yesterday I'll miss my first home game in 17 years.

We'd already booked up well in advance on the assumption that there wasn't going to be a midweek fixture that week. Having spent around £300 each, you're not just going to throw that away and miss the trip. It also contributes to your points tally in order that you can get tickets for the more glamorous away games, so with some guys on no points at all was a good game to start getting themselves on the board in order to start going away more regularly. Only Scottish football fans would slag other Scottish Football fans for going to support their team.

Like Toby has stated there is 8 of us all heading to Luxenbourg on Tuesday and all of whom would have been at Cappielow otherwise but although I'm disappointed in the replay date I'm more upset with yesterdays performance.

Well, consider me stunned. Why are you going on the Tuesday when the game isn't until Wednesday night?

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man"

morton4rp5.png

Have you ever tried to get a train from Cartsdyke to Luxembourg ? :huh: It's a feckin' nightmare.

Ah, but the rail replacement bus service from Cartsdyke to Luxembourg is a stream-lined service, just one pick-up stop in Glasgow and straight to Luxembourg!

choo_choo_im_a_train__15396.jpg

Archived