Australian Open - Page 3 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Australian Open

k-ton

Am I the only one who couldn't give a hoot if Murray wins or not??

I like Tennis, always have, played it a lot when I was young and never missed it when it was on the tv, (the snobery turned me away from it, Ardgowan etc) but I really couldn't care less if he wins or not, maybe its because he is so bloody miserable, you look at Djokovic and he plays the game as if he actually enjoys his job, and all the trappings that come with it.

Murray, the Tennis answer to Stephen Hendry, another I never rooted for on the Scottish bandwagon.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
... and a break down in the 2nd set. Poor stuff. He looks beaten already. :(

Being walloped at the moment, huge gulf in skill, Murray needs to do something drastic or this will be a 3 setter.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Am I the only one who couldn't give a hoot if Murray wins or not??

I like Tennis, always have, played it a lot when I was young and never missed it when it was on the tv, (the snobery turned me away from it, Ardgowan etc) but I really couldn't care less if he wins or not, maybe its because he is so bloody miserable, you look at Djokovic and he plays the game as if he actually enjoys his job, and all the trappings that come with it.

Murray, the Tennis answer to Stephen Hendry, another I never rooted for on the Scottish bandwagon.

No, I'm afraid he's a big woosie Mammie's boy and SHE is only living HER dream through him.

No, I'm afraid he's a big woosie Mammie's boy and SHE is only living HER dream through him.

Also don't have any time for him. Always starts sulking and losing it when he's getting beat. Good player obviously but no mental strength. Good luck to him if he can turn it around.

He is fast turning out to be the new Colin Montgomerie of Scottish sport. Absolutely no bottle when it comes right down to the wire.

Im actually starting to think he will never win a major tourney now

"He's not the messiah........He's a very naughty boy!.............Now P*ss Off!"

Met his mam once, very surly lady, bordering on a snob.

But was I quick to judge in 5 minutes. :unsure:

Also don't have any time for him. Always starts sulking and losing it when he's getting beat. Good player obviously but no mental strength. Good luck to him if he can turn it around.

If he turns this around it will be comeback of the century, and the last century.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Met his mam once, very surly lady, bordering on a snob.

But was I quick to judge in 5 minutes. :unsure:

If he turns this around it will be comeback of the century, and the last century.

Gamesabogey - he needs Allan Moore as his coach :ph34r:

pen.jpg

He is fast turning out to be the new Colin Montgomerie of Scottish sport. Absolutely no bottle when it comes right down to the wire.

I agree, I hope he does but as I stated I am not on thge bandwagon of hoping just because he is a Scot, but he does seem to struggle when the pressure is on.

With Nadal and Federer not being as outstanding as they once were Murray seems to be stuck in a bit of a rut with players like Djokovic improving beyond Murray's capabilities.

He has broken Djokovic but is it too little too late?

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Just seen this on the BBC text feed

So Scottish!

So disappointing.

Completely horsed

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

This looks familiar, I would suggest he is the Jimmy White of tennis!

How very Scottish of us!

Andy Murray is one of the few world class sportsmen who happens to be a Scot. Yes he came up short again today but enormous achievement to have reached three slam finals. Suspect he will be acutely aware of his failings at the final hurdle but I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and fully expect him to one day to win a slam.

I accept he does comes across as a miserable git (he would fit right in here with this messageboard clientele) but he is a hibbee :blush:

How very Scottish of us!

Andy Murray is one of the few world class sportsmen who happens to be a Scot. Yes he came up short again today but enormous achievement to have reached three slam finals. Suspect he will be acutely aware of his failings at the final hurdle but I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and fully expect him to one day to win a slam.

I accept he does comes across as a miserable git (he would fit right in here with this messageboard clientele) but he is a hibbee :blush:

**** me, someone is using Hamcams log in.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

I think Murray did fall short of what he is capable of producing today, but a bit of perspective is required. As has been pointed out, he has reached three Slam finals at 23. That is an excellent achievement, and he doesn't seem like the sort who will fade away. He knows where to improve, what he didn't do today and I reckon he will win one of these things. Wouldn't surprise me if he did it at Wimbledon!

Credit has to go to Djokovic too. He was the runner-up in New York in September, won the Davis Cup in December and has been the best player across the last fortnight. He is arguably the best player in the world right now. I did expect Murray to take at least a set, and he had chances. Sadly a combination of unforced errors, a poor first serve and his opponent being excellent put paid to that.

As for coming across as miserable, having watched the tournament and most of his interviews with Jim Courier on court after winning each round and his chats with Idessane for Reporting Scotland, he comes across as a pretty normal, good humoured guy. Miserable at losing? Good! Something badly wrong if he isn't.

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

How very Scottish of us!

I think Murray did fall short of what he is capable of producing today, but a bit of perspective is required. As has been pointed out, he has reached three Slam finals at 23. That is an excellent achievement, and he doesn't seem like the sort who will fade away. He knows where to improve, what he didn't do today and I reckon he will win one of these things. Wouldn't surprise me if he did it at Wimbledon!

Credit has to go to Djokovic too. He was the runner-up in New York in September, won the Davis Cup in December and has been the best player across the last fortnight. He is arguably the best player in the world right now. I did expect Murray to take at least a set, and he had chances. Sadly a combination of unforced errors, a poor first serve and his opponent being excellent put paid to that.

As for coming across as miserable, having watched the tournament and most of his interviews with Jim Courier on court after winning each round and his chats with Idessane for Reporting Scotland, he comes across as a pretty normal, good humoured guy. Miserable at losing? Good! Something badly wrong if he isn't.

Yup, what they said.

Went down to the grounds to watch it last night, loads of Scots out to support him all in good spirits. Drank the bar dry as well...

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

Archived