Fresh Start - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Fresh Start

I'm going to try and avoid being too influenced by today's nervy game.

Squad for next season should be (players with a * should be definites, rest could go but only if we can get better):

Keepers: Stewart*, Cuthbert*

Full Backs: McGuffie*, McKinlay*, Reid

Centre Backs: Shimmin*, Greacen, MacGregor

Wingers: Monti, Finlayson, NEW

Centre Mids: Tidser*, MacFarlane*, Jenkins

Strikers: Weatherson*, Witteveen*, NEW, NEW

Keep Graham and Kane but loan them out. Possibly one or two other part time squad players, because the squad listed above is really too small to keep us going through a whole season.

So at least three new faces, probably more like half a dozen - but as a number of others have said, I don't think the change will be as whole sale as some have predicted (nor do I think it actually needs to be).

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would get rid of the mod police on here and bring in fresh views I am sick of constant thread removal over to other rooms because certain waankers decide they ain't ton related patronising fookers that are dangerous wae a set oh buttons :blink:

eat drink and be merry for tommorrow you may be radioiactive

bishopton, I refer you to the second goal today AND also mcalister's inability to hit the byline and cross a ball for a number of years.

C B I live near the indoor bowls near bogston. I'll buy the beers if you bring the bowls...!

In reference to my post on another page... 1 positive thing in the whole match, a screamer v thistle 2 seasons ago, not good enough for a new contract if we have any ambition to survive next season in Division 1, we need creativity and goals, unfortunately Kev can provide neither regularly,

We are not a charity for hard workers we are a football team and we need to win matches, Kevin is a very weak link.

Just bounce if you hate St Mirren

Still In Contract

Kevin Cuthbert

Stewart Greacen

Allan Jenkins

Neil MacFarlane

Michael Tidser

Peter Weatherson

The rest are out of contract and of those I'd offer new deals to Colin Stewart, Ryan McGuffie and Dominic Shimmin. I'd also try and get David Witteveen back in on loan next season depending on what other strikers are available elsewhere.

Spot on, massive clear out required.

I would get rid of the mod police on here and bring in fresh views I am sick of constant thread removal over to other rooms because certain waankers decide they ain't ton related patronising fookers that are dangerous wae a set oh buttons :blink:

I'd get rid of the Tommy Two scarf waankers.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

I'd get rid of the Tommy Two scarf waankers.

First polis reply and he's a total disfunctional pen1s with a bad dose of the crabs if your revering to me I have NEVER owned or worn a **** scarf so sook ma rook ya boaby muncher

eat drink and be merry for tommorrow you may be radioiactive

First polis reply and he's a total disfunctional pen1s with a bad dose of the crabs if your revering to me I have NEVER owned or worn a **** scarf so sook ma rook ya boaby muncher

You're kiddin no-one Tommy boy, we all know you've got the scarf your father wore

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Not sure I'd be that happy to see many getting re- signed including Grady. Colin Stewart deserves another year but all the others can go. Even some of those under contract if someone comes in for them I'd let them go.

Finlayson has a complete inability to cross a ball he is meant to be a winger. I could find at least find 10 players out of contract who could replace him and could at a least cross a football into the box more than once in 10 attempts.

Lets get real here..... me makes Michael Deeney look like Ronaldo.

On you go then?

He's done it when it matters most two seasons in a row.

On you go then?

He's done it when it matters most two seasons in a row.

Kevin what have i told you about posting on here before, your contract is up, use the door and dont come back, i here the Juniors are looking for ball boys. (they need alot of effort)

I thought you were heading to Disney land to blow up balloons anyway...

Kevin what have i told you about posting on here before, your contract is up, use the door and dont come back, i here the Juniors are looking for ball boys. (they need alot of effort)

I thought you were heading to Disney land to blow up balloons anyway...

you said you could find at least 10 players out of contract who could cross a ball better than kev, ef asked you to find them, go find them big shot.

sigs are for fuds

obviously simmonds has to go , but for me greacen has to follow him out the door, nice guy and hes always commited but he,s cost us so many goals over the years with his calamity defending. he,s forever going for balls that he cannot possibly win. the big mans a bombscare and its time for him to go. i think he is a big part of why we have been so bad over the last few years.

dont know who we could bring in to replace him but im sure BishopTon could find at least 10 centre halfs who are better........

sigs are for fuds

Are there 2 L's in Dollar ??????

pen.jpg

you said you could find at least 10 players out of contract who could cross a ball better than kev, ef asked you to find them, go find them big shot.

I could find 10 people in the crowd with these skills, admit it, Finlayson tries very hard but has no ability.

We are not a charity for hard workers we are a football team and we need to win matches, Kevin is a very weak link.

Its verging on the bizarre on this board at the moment - half are saying we didn't work hard enough yesterday and the other half are saying its terrible that we accomodate guys whose only asset is they work hard :blink:

www.confused.com

pen.jpg

obviously simmonds has to go , but for me greacen has to follow him out the door, nice guy and hes always commited but he,s cost us so many goals over the years with his calamity defending. he,s forever going for balls that he cannot possibly win. the big mans a bombscare and its time for him to go. i think he is a big part of why we have been so bad over the last few years.

dont know who we could bring in to replace him but im sure BishopTon could find at least 10 centre halfs who are better........

Most centre halfs in the first division we have been up against seem to handle our front 2 with high balls very well, so there is 18 for a start, we may even have signed one already ;-)

I actually agree with you about Greacen... 65 Goals against this season does point at poor defence play and Colin Stewart is Player of the Season so that says alot...

B)-->

QUOTE(C B @ May 2 2010, 10:01 AM) 738597[/snapback]
Its verging on the bizarre on this board at the moment - half are saying we didn't work hard enough yesterday and the other half are saying its terrible that we accomodate guys whose only asset is they work hard :blink:

www.confused.com

Hard work is nothing without ability.

www.kevinfinlaysonmustgo.com

Archived