Best Ground You've Ever Visited - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Best Ground You've Ever Visited

Best ground I've ever been to is the Olympic in Berlin, I've also played there.

In Scotland I like Tynecastle, I've seen a few games there and the atmosphere is great althought its over 30 years since I've seen Morton there.

Worst has got to be Central Park in Cowdenbeath, its just a dump.

Rossi

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst is a toss up between Kilbowie and Boghead (If The Old Ravenscraig doesnt count)

Best ?? Probs a Full Voiced Hampden at a Scotland game . I was outside Real Mallorcas stadium and that looks quite impressive .. Never managed to get to game I had tickets for with my dad as the TV changed the time from 4pm to 8pm 2 days before it was due to be played .. And we think its bad with KOs being moved for TV

yes_to_a_just_scotland_cover.jpg?itok=zU

Been to a fair few impressive stadiums around the world, but nothing comes close to Hampden for me.

The Stade Maurice Dufrasne where Standard Liege play is a fairly grim and soulless stadium, though don't know if its the worst.

Some people never go crazy, what truly horrible lifes they must live - Charles Bukowski

The title doesn't say football ground, so i'll say twickenham. :rolleyes: ....

But if we mean football then it's hampden for me with the worst being palmerston (at that time) it was about 20 years ago though.

The future just ain't what it used to be

The old Hampden is simply unsurpassed by all the modern extravagant grounds atmosphere wise.

In modern times for me its the Westfalenstadion.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

the mestalla is impressive. bit rundown but on a matchday theres some atmosphere, and the stand is just sheer

We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

Best - Villa Park obviously! Biggest stand behind a goal in Europe (well it was, whether someone has built a bigger one recently, I don't know) and the atmosphere in the upper Holte is second to none in Britain for me.

Hampden is great when it's full and gets going, but that doesn't happen very often.

Worst - Ironworks Road. What a depressing little bus shelter, looking out onto sloping pitch covered with molehills.

I can usually find something positive about every ground I visit apart from the likes of Almondvale, Broadwood etc. but certainly the worst major ground I've visited was the San Nicola in Bari for the last Scotland game- considering it was built just over 20 years ago for Italia '90, it's an absolute hole. In Scotland, honourable mentions for Recreation Park, Raydale and Central Park.

Looking at a few of the other posts- Scott- Kilbowie? I loved that place, thought it was cracking for atmosphere even with the banches, and Barb- the Westfalen is the one stadium I'd love to visit above all others. When we played there it was just before I started regularly travelling to away games, but I intend to go one day.

I've been to some pretty spectacular grounds like the Amsterdam ArenA, the Millenium Stadium and the new Wembley, not much to choose between either of them.

Best ground, or at least my favourite ground has to be Deepdale, Preston. A lovely stadium and a great day out in the national football museum which is situated in one of the stands, and with free admission too it is much better than its counterpart up in Hampden. A great day out for anyone who loves their football.

In Scotland I like Stirling Albion's ground, but the yokels up there really piss me off. They're always on the Scrounge from Morton supporters, looking for us to pay for pie ovens etc. But the Tory ****ers are all driving BMWs whilst a high number of Morton supporters are lucky if they can afford to go to the game.

Worst stadium, lets see, Somerset Park is a hovel, as is Cliftonhill. They represent everything which is wrong with football in Scotland, crap stadiums, antequated facilities, s***e teams but pay £15 for the experience. <_>

Dumbarton is a s***e ground. One stand, and no terraces. It could be easily rectified if they were able to build a small terrace around the other three sides of the ground creating a small community stadium with the total capacity to around 4,500 or thereabouts. The need for all seater stadia at that level is ludicrous.

*insert signature here*

and Barb- the Westfalen is the one stadium I'd love to visit above all others. When we played there it was just before I started regularly travelling to away games, but I intend to go one day.

They've horribly renamed it "Signal Iduna Park". <_>

I can usually find something positive about every ground I visit apart from the likes of Almondvale, Broadwood etc. but certainly the worst major ground I've visited was the San Nicola in Bari for the last Scotland game- considering it was built just over 20 years ago for Italia '90, it's an absolute hole. In Scotland, honourable mentions for Recreation Park, Raydale and Central Park.

Looking at a few of the other posts- Scott- Kilbowie? I loved that place, thought it was cracking for atmosphere even with the banches, and Barb- the Westfalen is the one stadium I'd love to visit above all others. When we played there it was just before I started regularly travelling to away games, but I intend to go one day.

I've been to some pretty spectacular grounds like the Amsterdam ArenA, the Millenium Stadium and the new Wembley, not much to choose between either of them.

am i the only one who thinks central park has a certain charm? :laugh:

ah the likes of broadwood etc can be complimented by the new feegie park, tin cans blight scottish football, in more ways than one

We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

The Stade Maurice Dufrasne where Standard Liege play is a fairly grim and soulless stadium, though don't know if its the worst.

I was there a few weeks ago and I thought it had a decent atmosphere given it was a meaningless end-of-season league match for both teams involved. I quite liked the ground, the steep tiers on the stands made it quite intimidating. Watched most of their Champions League games on telly and the atmosphere looked great, especially when they were 2-nil up against Arsenal.

It's has to be in one of the grimmest locations for a footie ground though, just across the river from a steel works.

Best ground, or at least my favourite ground has to be Deepdale, Preston. A lovely stadium and a great day out in the national football museum which is situated in one of the stands....

I think I read somewhere recently that the museum is closing down, unfortunately.

I was there a few weeks ago and I thought it had a decent atmosphere given it was a meaningless end-of-season league match for both teams involved. I quite liked the ground, the steep tiers on the stands made it quite intimidating. Watched most of their Champions League games on telly and the atmosphere looked great, especially when they were 2-nil up against Arsenal.

It's has to be in one of the grimmest locations for a footie ground though, just across the river from a steel works.

Worse than Bayview?

DSCF1492.JPG

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

San Siro for me. I always wanted to visit and got the chance when Scotland played Italy (Walter Smith's 1st game)......what a place.

Worst has got to be Central Park, Cowdenbeath. I hate watching the game through those high fences. Fingers crossed they don't come up

Worst would have to be Cliftonhill. Just a really, really depressing place. Although, on second thoughts maybe the old Boghead.

Best, so far, would probably be the Bernabeu.

Best ground I've ever been to is the Olympic in Berlin, I've also played there.

In Scotland I like Tynecastle, I've seen a few games there and the atmosphere is great althought its over 30 years since I've seen Morton there.

Worst has got to be Central Park in Cowdenbeath, its just a dump.

Rossi

That is an amazing stadium, but the time that we were there, the fans were quite subdued.

The old Hampden takes a bit of beating for atmosphere, as does a packed Goodison, ahhh!! the 80's were feckin fantastic. :lol: Oh to be in my twenties again. :rolleyes:

Archived