Airline Goes Into Administration - Page 2 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Airline Goes Into Administration

Zutons

They have gone into administration directly due to being unable to conclude an agreement for financing. Basically, businesses can't get loans due to the near-collapse of the banking system. The money to save Globespan (which is in effect part of the huge sums that we taxpayers are handing over to the banks) is probably now in the bank account of various high-ranking bankers; can't have these chancers missing out on the massive bonuses they get for making a complete 4rse of their jobs.

The financial collapse occurred in part because Gordon Brown hasn't a phucking clue about finance, despite the way he is portrayed as some sort of genius by Labour's spin machine. He has a history degree or something like that.

Wow, that Labour Party office was hard to light. Still damp from the flood last month...

I thought the GLOBAL collapse was due to greedy bankers giving buckshee loans and the sub prime market going t1ts up then the spivs bidding down HBOS then RBS shares. What TV News you got down there in Dumfries? SNP TV, a crisp poke blew across the High Street today, it's Broon's fault for no providing enough bins!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They have gone into administration directly due to being unable to conclude an agreement for financing. Basically, businesses can't get loans due to the near-collapse of the banking system. The money to save Globespan (which is in effect part of the huge sums that we taxpayers are handing over to the banks) is probably now in the bank account of various high-ranking bankers; can't have these chancers missing out on the massive bonuses they get for making a complete 4rse of their jobs.

The financial collapse occurred in part because Gordon Brown hasn't a phucking clue about finance, despite the way he is portrayed as some sort of genius by Labour's spin machine.

He has a history degree or something like that.

Wow, that Labour Party office was hard to light. Still damp from the flood last month...

And his university paper on 20th century history conveniently stopped before the Great Depression Mark 1.

I thought the GLOBAL collapse was due to greedy bankers giving buckshee loans and the sub prime market going t1ts up then the spivs bidding down HBOS then RBS shares. What TV News you got down there in Dumfries? SNP TV, a crisp poke blew across the High Street today,

it's Broon's fault for no providing enough bins!

Careful - it's a cunning plot.

There are councils here that have removed ALL rubbish bins in their municipality.

On the grounds of "security"

Then they train the workers, who used to empty the bins, to write on the spot littering fines.

Instantly an expense is turned into a revenue stream.

Guest David Edwards
I thought the GLOBAL collapse was due to greedy bankers giving buckshee loans and the sub prime market going t1ts up then the spivs bidding down HBOS then RBS shares. What TV News you got down there in Dumfries? SNP TV, a crisp poke blew across the High Street today, it's Broon's fault for no providing enough bins!

:lol:

Yes and yes.

;)

Would you be happy if someone continually spelt Morton as Mortone or Merton ?

:huh:

spelt it once, not continually, now factored in.....................farTon :lol:

image002.jpg

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

Brown did SFA to regulate what the banks could get up to. He claimed to be a prudent chancellor and to have abolished boom and bust, but we can all now see that he was an incompetent bungler, borrowing more and more to get him out the shyte. OK in good times but fatal when things weren't quite so rosy. Get your head out your 4rse - the man's an incompetent short of the full shilling disaster.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Brown did SFA to regulate what the banks could get up to. He claimed to be a prudent chancellor and to have abolished boom and bust, but we can all now see that he was an incompetent bungler, borrowing more and more to get him out the shyte. OK in good times but fatal when things weren't quite so rosy. Get your head out your 4rse - the man's an incompetent short of the full shilling disaster.

After a period of financial restraint, UK National debt as a % of GDP fell to 29% of GDP by 2002.

Then, national Debt as a % of GDP increased from 30% in 2002 to 37 % in 2007.

This was despite the long period of economic expansion.

It was primarily due to the government's decision to increase spending on health and education.

There has also been a marked rise in social security spending.

Since 2008, National Debt has increased sharply because of:

Economics Recession (lower tax receipts, higher spending on unemployment benefits)

Financial bailout of Northern Rock, RBS and other banks.

UK_governmentdebt.jpg

Irony at it's best :lol:

The whole nation know's Broon and co's track record and what they are. But even pinning Globespan's demise on him is a bit far fetched.

Globespan have went down the pan due to Tom Darlymple's bad management. For the past two years they have barely been keeping their head above water. Cash flow issue's due to Credit Card handling company holding £30m cash from them due to the number of customer service issue's they had with shafting punters.

For once the banks have got it right. I'm sure the SNP Edition of Pravda will disagree tho.

Globespan were unable to secure additional finance, as others have put it, because the banks are not supporting business. That was a problem but what tipped them over the edge was that the credit card clearing system held back £30m from them because they were worried they would go bust and the card companies would have to repay loads of punters. £30m is a lot of money for a company the size of Globespan whose annual wage bill, for example, was of the order of £20m.

That turned into a self fulfilling prophesy and it is ridiculous that the financial community can act in that way. Holding back money properly due to the company in case they go bust is a sure fire way to ensure that they actually do go down.

And as a PS, thats my daughter in law out of a job. She was cabin crew with Globespan. Fortunately she is on maternity leave just now so the financial impact is not what it might have been. In that respect she is one of the lucky ones.

Globespan were unable to secure additional finance, as others have put it, because the banks are not supporting business. That was a problem but what tipped them over the edge was that the credit card clearing system held back £30m from them because they were worried they would go bust and the card companies would have to repay loads of punters. £30m is a lot of money for a company the size of Globespan whose annual wage bill, for example, was of the order of £20m.

That turned into a self fulfilling prophesy and it is ridiculous that the financial community can act in that way. Holding back money properly due to the company in case they go bust is a sure fire way to ensure that they actually do go down.

And as a PS, thats my daughter in law out of a job. She was cabin crew with Globespan. Fortunately she is on maternity leave just now so the financial impact is not what it might have been. In that respect she is one of the lucky ones.

Was that your daughter in law that was on the radio, Nick? A woman who was interviewed on Radio Scotland was cabin crew but on maternity leave.

Here's a link to the credit card story:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/transpo...winney-1.993137

Scotsguy40, I think that story tends to support the view that the financial crisis brought on by Prudence Brown's utter incompetence is a major factor - companies trying to avoid paying their bills are making things difficult for other companies to whom they owe money. Basically the system is grinding to a halt. Don't bother disagreeing with that, because I have my own business and I can see it happening first hand - getting money in just now is difficult as some individuals or companies in the chain are paralysed financially, and that has a knock on effect.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Scotsguy40, I think that story tends to support the view that the financial crisis brought on by Prudence Brown's utter incompetence is a major factor - companies trying to avoid paying their bills are making things difficult for other companies to whom they owe money. Basically the system is grinding to a halt. Don't bother disagreeing with that, because I have my own business and I can see it happening first hand - getting money in just now is difficult as some individuals or companies in the chain are paralysed financially, and that has a knock on effect.

Are you the only one with your own business? We all to stupid to realise what is going on?

I'm fully aware of the impact of others not paying their bills on time. Spent the past two days in Dumfries & Stranraer chasing the best part of £50k from a Transport Company. They in turn are awaiting payment from their customers. I'm more than aware of cashflow issue's at the moment.

But the whole Global crash is exactly that! GLOBAL. No matter what Broon and his cronies had in place it would still not have averted the GLOBAL crash. Banks worldwide were and still are a time bomb. Any plans Broon or Cameron have for their future will be bitterly contested in Brussels.

In your post you mentioned Radio Scotland. Did you hear the various Travel Industry guru's talking about Globespan's demise? They grew to fast to quick. They should have consolidated what they had 2 years ago before Darlymple took his share of the pie?

Self Inflicted expansion without listening to the advice of others. Darlymple and the "wicked witch" at his side made the wrong decisions.

How you can put the onus on Broon for a Pig Headed man and his company that had a horrendous D&B report that spanned back 5 years?

The UK will be the last European country out of recession. I'm not saying Borown caused the global recession; just that by his idiocy he made the conditions to maximise the severity of it for the UK - basically borrowing up to the hilt to give an illusion of propsperity. Illusion - that's what Labour is all about.

Anyway I'm off for our staff Xmas lunch. A few pints will ward off the recession for a few hours...

I had flights booked, not a package, that are now down the pan and had to buy alternative ones.

Phoned CapitalOne as I paid by mastercard to enquire about reclaiming the money. They said they would send me a dispute form and try and reclaim the money on my behalf, which obviously they're not going to be able to do.

After reading into it more it am I right in saying the credit card company are equally liable?

http://www.oft.gov.uk/advice_and_resources...equal-liability

It was primarily due to the government's decision to increase spending on health and education.

There has also been a marked rise in social security spending.

Portillo was talking about this on This Week last night (have I just outed myself as a geek?) - basically, he was saying that he can't see how the Tories can cut public spending when social security and health make up about 40-50% of the bill. Social security, because successive governments have tried and failed to counter the rise, which will only be exacerbated by the economic climate; health, because the NHS paradoxically becomes more costly with each innovation.

• 1 month later...

Archived