Fascist Watch - Page 4 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Fascist Watch

Guest David Edwards

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest David Edwards

Naw, all that results is a rammy and a bad press. I've been there and done it, does no good at all other than temporarily satisfy your own self righteousness, and then the fascists regroup.

Now that they've got a political foothold, they have to be defeated by arguments, with their lies countered by facts and their unreason confronted with reason.

As I said before though, I doubt if they'll be faced down properly on Question Time; the panel is lacking and it's probably the wrong forum. I'd prefer to see Griffin grilled by the likes of Paxman, regularly; that could be far more effective.

Edit to add: In the end, the fascist/racists can only be defeated if their breeding grounds are destroyed. Do that by tackling urban deprivation head-on with investment in policing, housing, job creation, education, social integration and cohesion. But the mainstream parties aren't going to offer any of that, for just now anyway.

Ric Bailey, the BBC’s chief political adviser, said the corporation would have been breaking its charter if it had not treated the BNP with impartiality.

The decision to have Mr Griffin on Question Time was based on the party’s success in June’s European elections, at which it won more than 940,000 votes and two seats, he said.

“We absolutely stand by that judgment, even though there’s obviously been a lot of controversy about it,” he added.

Good grief, and I thought it was just a wee voice crying in the wilderness - maybe all those people are trying to say something! :unsure:

It's fewer than the Greens managed, and only three times more votes and the same number of seats as than the SNP - which, given that they stood in ten of the eleven constituencies while the SNP stood in exactly one - isn't really that impressive.

I imagine what the BNP voters were trying to say equates to something like "we are historically illiterate bigots." No wonder you find them so worthy of your sympathy!

EOho8Pw.png

They don't look like fish to me.

http://www.kcc.org.nz/pests/possum.asp

That would be in reference to the earlier one mans meat is another mans poisson comment. That is why the comment they steal our burds was made to add in with your possum joke. Christ ye lead some folk to the trough but will they drink from it.

And yes that is a donkey.ValentineDec03Parade_small1.jpgDon't want to make an ass of anyone :lol:

If a writer of prose knows enough of what he is writing about he may omit things that he knows and the reader, if the writer is writing truly enough, will have a feeling of those things as strongly as though the writer had stated them. The dignity of movement of an ice-berg is due to only one-eighth of it being above water. A writer who omits things because he does not know them only makes hollow places in his writing.

—Ernest Hemingway

I am sure that there are very much more than 1 million idiots with a vote... :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

:rolleyes:

It's fewer than the Greens managed, and only three times more votes and the same number of seats as than the SNP - which, given that they stood in ten of the eleven constituencies while the SNP stood in exactly one - isn't really that impressive.

I imagine what the BNP voters were trying to say equates to something like "we are historically illiterate bigots." No wonder you find them so worthy of your sympathy!

Don't Smeggy - try sticking to facts like the Jag! :wub:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

Naw, all that results is a rammy and a bad press. I've been there and done it, does no good at all other than temporarily satisfy your own self righteousness, and then the fascists regroup.

Now that they've got a political foothold, they have to be defeated by arguments, with their lies countered by facts and their unreason confronted with reason.

As I said before though, I doubt if they'll be faced down properly on Question Time; the panel is lacking and it's probably the wrong forum. I'd prefer to see Griffin grilled by the likes of Paxman, regularly; that could be far more effective.

Edit to add: In the end, the fascist/racists can only be defeated if their breeding grounds are destroyed. Do that by tackling urban deprivation head-on with investment in policing, housing, job creation, education, social integration and cohesion. But the mainstream parties aren't going to offer any of that, for just now anyway.

I agree to a point but ultimately with fascists there will have to be violence as there always has been. It's a language they understand.

Shame the UK left is in no position to mount a challenge to the BNP. Griffin supports fascists as does the UK left.

MARTY OUT!!!!!

I have to keep correcting you McArthur. :D

I don't fully understand the generic term 'fascist'.

It seems to be applied to anybody with whom one disagrees.

When one looks at our shining examples (Cyclops and Bawheid) of leadership, one cannot help thinking that there may be a better way! -_-

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

Guest David Edwards
I don't fully understand the generic term 'fascist'.

It seems to be applied to anybody with whom one disagrees.

When one looks at our shining examples (Cyclops and Bawheid) of leadership, one cannot help thinking that there may be a better way! -_-

What is a fascist? Disagree with one and you'll find out.

What is a fascist? Disagree with one and you'll find out.

You appear to suggest that this forum is beleaguered by fascists, Mr E! :lol:

YER BARD

I see they do actually have one sensible policy - having the Olympics in Greece permanently. Although I suspect that that is not their idea exclusively as I've heard it being suggested since the 1970s.

The BBC are very big on impartiality - I trust they will adopt the same attitude to the SNP when they broadcast live debates involving party leaders in the run up to next years' general election.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I see they do actually have one sensible policy - having the Olympics in Greece permanently. Although I suspect that that is not their idea exclusively as I've heard it being suggested since the 1970s.

The BBC are very big on impartiality - I trust they will adopt the same attitude to the SNP when they broadcast live debates involving party leaders in the run up to next years' general election.

Will you never learn? :unsure:

YER BARD

Couldn't agree more.

What I would add though, the BNP are able to peddle their lies (and, that is precisely what they are - spreading myths that asylum seekers are sleeping in school halls and the like) because the mainstream parties have completely mishandled the immigration debate - in part pandering to the media, and I suspect to the wider public.

Interestingly, Alex Salmond has spoken about establishing education rights for children of asylum seekers as the achievement of which he is most proud since the SNP took office. He went on, however, to discuss the lack of attention and even good will shown to the scheme by the media.

Immigration has a definite and important place, and they BNP promise to return to an "overwhelmingly whilte majority" should be exposed at every turn, regardless of 949,000 voters who may agree.

Couldn't agree more.

What I would add though, the BNP are able to peddle their lies (and, that is precisely what they are - spreading myths that asylum seekers are sleeping in school halls and the like) because the mainstream parties have completely mishandled the immigration debate - in part pandering to the media, and I suspect to the wider public.

Interestingly, Alex Salmond has spoken about establishing education rights for children of asylum seekers as the achievement of which he is most proud since the SNP took office. He went on, however, to discuss the lack of attention and even good will shown to the scheme by the media.

Immigration has a definite and important place, and they BNP promise to return to an "overwhelmingly whilte majority" should be exposed at every turn, regardless of 949,000 voters who may agree.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Especially for those whose wages it pays! <_>

YER BARD

Yep, of course that includes the opportunity to make a living.

Nothing wrong with having a vested interest! :lol:

YER BARD

The BNP have as much right to be heard as MJ both have lovely nuts but we still have to let them have their say.

:lol:

YER BARD

Couldn't agree more.

This is very true. The reactionary elements in the media need to take their share of the blame, just as they must when it comes to the awful state of our prisons.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived