An 'irons Must Go' Banner For Stark's Park - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

An 'irons Must Go' Banner For Stark's Park

TRVMP

If Irons hasn't been sacked by midweek would anyone else be interested in painting a large Irons Must Go banner to take to the Raith game?

Presumably we'd need stewards' permission to get it in, but if this is granted I would be interested in taking the banner up in the car and helping to arrange it in situ.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking of expressing my discontent through the medium of expressive dance.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I'd keep trying it in Word Up if I were you, you can't stay a virgin all your life.

Angry dancing gets you kicked out.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Angry dancing gets you kicked out.

:lol: Touche.

Seriously though, anyone up for this? I realise banners aren't really the done thing in Scotland but I think that it's high time we tried going down this route.

EOho8Pw.png

Seriously though, anyone up for this? I realise banners aren't really the done thing in Scotland but I think that it's high time we tried going down this route.

Lead from the front Nacho, others will follow.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Well, so far as I can see, the required resources are:

1) Cloth (don't know what kind; approx width maybe 10 metres for "IRONS OUT!" including space, 1 meter per letter/space; and 1.5 metres high)

2) Paint (again, don't know what kind)

3) Space to unroll the cloth to paint the letters on and leave to dry

4) Transport for the cloth (I can deal with that so consider it done)

5) Two or more people to actually do the measuring/cutting/drafting/painting

6) Talking to Raith to ensure that we're allowed in with the banner

So, is anyone able to assist with any of the stuff in bold?

Note that we wouldn't actually be doing it until Friday in case he gets his jotters before then :D

EOho8Pw.png

bit of a stupid idea imo, he will likely be gone by monday, i think the fans just shouting for him to go is enough to get the message accross, think of the environment ;)

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

bit of a stupid idea imo, he will likely be gone by monday, i think the fans just shouting for him to go is enough to get the message accross, think of the environment ;)

I'm hoping that it's done and dusted by Monday, as I said this would be a contigency plan for Friday.

The ideal result would be a small measure of newspaper coverage - maybe a photo in the Evening Times match report or similar. (I don't imagine the Telegraph would mention it.)

EOho8Pw.png

I'm hoping that it's done and dusted by Monday, as I said this would be a contigency plan for Friday.

The ideal result would be a small measure of newspaper coverage - maybe a photo in the Evening Times match report or similar. (I don't imagine the Telegraph would mention it.)

i think they would but i also think that after today the message from the players was clear enough, they will have had the chat tonight and he will resign on monday if he has any modicum of self respect.

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

If Irons hasn't been sacked by midweek would anyone else be interested in painting a large Irons Must Go banner to take to the Raith game?

Presumably we'd need stewards' permission to get it in, but if this is granted I would be interested in taking the banner up in the car and helping to arrange it in situ.

Will we have enough supporters there to hold it up?.

There should have been a banner a year ago and he should have been punted a year ago, but too many c**ts on this board were calling for us to give him a chance.

Now we are even worse than last year.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Hope somebody comes into your work on Monday morning with a banner to sack you, grow up son.

Well, so far as I can see, the required resources are:

1) Cloth (don't know what kind; approx width maybe 10 metres for "IRONS OUT!" including space, 1 meter per letter/space; and 1.5 metres high)

2) Paint (again, don't know what kind)

3) Space to unroll the cloth to paint the letters on and leave to dry

4) Transport for the cloth (I can deal with that so consider it done)

5) Two or more people to actually do the measuring/cutting/drafting/painting

6) Talking to Raith to ensure that we're allowed in with the banner

So, is anyone able to assist with any of the stuff in bold?

Note that we wouldn't actually be doing it until Friday in case he gets his jotters before then :D

Think you might be over-engineering this somewhat Nacho.

Bedsheet and acrylic paint, both obtainable at a reasonable sum from Homebase.

Wee tip, unless you want to be looking at the banners slogan for the next few months don't leave it to dry on your carpet :blush:

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Archived