Athletics World Championships - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Athletics World Championships

A new hero!! Savannah Sanitoa of Amreican Samoa in the Womens 100 metres!!

Finished over 3 seconds behind the winner. She is absolutely huge and literally thundered out of the blocks!!!

Fair play to her.

Any one see it? If not it will be on youtube very soon and is well worth a viewing!!!

A new hero!! Savannah Sanitoa of Amreican Samoa in the Womens 100 metres!!

Finished over 3 seconds behind the winner. She is absolutely huge and literally thundered out of the blocks!!!

Fair play to her.

Any one see it? If not it will be on youtube very soon and is well worth a viewing!!!

Yes I did gofer. Great effort and I think it may have been a personal best for her too. In the previous heat there was a Laotian and a girl from Kiribati, again not countries renowned for their sporting achievements and not surprisingly both were well off the qualifying places - but once again one of them got a pb. Achievement comes in all forms.

Not a big fan of watching athletics but it's been brill so far. The women's 10K final on Saturday was possibly the best distance race I've ever seen, Jess Ennis winning the heptathlon was superb, but Usain Bolt's 100m win was just astonishing.

Not a big fan of watching athletics but it's been brill so far. The women's 10K final on Saturday was possibly the best distance race I've ever seen, Jess Ennis winning the heptathlon was superb, but Usain Bolt's 100m win was just astonishing.

Feck that guys a monster , rapid .... they'd need to strap a table on his back to give evryone a chance.

Thing is, Bolt never goes all out for the whole race! He slows down a wee bit right at the end just so he can break his own record again. :lol:

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

:lol: Aye hes defo on something that cant be detected yet i recon !

You might be right, but I hope he's the real deal - the guy's a real character and some athlete. Never seen such a good sprinter clown around so much seconds before a final.

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right......."

the problem of course - over the course of his career (before making a mockery of the 400 and 800 metre records) bolt will set records that no human can ever beat

leytons official prediction - bolt will run 9.35 before his 26th birthday

that record will stand for 40 years

by that tiem humans wont exist in any case :)

We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

the problem of course - over the course of his career (before making a mockery of the 400 and 800 metre records) bolt will set records that no human can ever beat

leytons official prediction - bolt will run 9.35 before his 26th birthday

that record will stand for 40 years

by that tiem humans wont exist in any case :)

.......and it'll all be the fault of Davie Irons....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right......."

anyone see the SA athlete getting a gender test?

its going to take weeks apparently

surely just pop his/her kegs down, and if theres an object resembling the baton for the 4 x 100 then shes disqualified

We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

anyone see the SA athlete getting a gender test?

its going to take weeks apparently

surely just pop his/her kegs down, and if theres an object resembling the baton for the 4 x 100 then shes disqualified

one would think that would be the easier method...

Archived