Think Greenock Would Do This For Morton? - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Think Greenock Would Do This For Morton?

Muz

I agree, of course we would. What about the Challenge Cup though? Lol.

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

I agree, of course we would. What about the Challenge Cup though? Lol.

Probably go to Smiths and sign some t-shirts!

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

My point was more around the people of Greenock, Gourock, and the Port, not the town itself, ie the councils etc.

I dont think we'd get the best reception.......too many OF **** would spoil it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we never got one in the past - why do we think we'd get one in the future ?

Not that I don't think it's a great idea or something we deserve.

TonInDublin

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

In all honesty I'd rather not...most the town couldn't give a flying toss about Morton yet they would all come out for something like this.

I'd much rather a celebration at Cappielow in some way...maybe with the team arriving there on an open top bus then in to the park for a celebration.

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

I think it woued happen look at what happend in p***ly after teh scum went up and that probibly has the smae amount of OF fans if not more than Inverclyde

only problem being our Council buldings dont have a balcony that i know of.

I know that the Council did civic reseptions the last time we wone the leuge so ya why not

I am dyslexic and I am getting tired of your shirt

In all honesty I'd rather not...most the town couldn't give a flying toss about Morton yet they would all come out for something like this.

I'd much rather a celebration at Cappielow in some way...maybe with the team arriving there on an open top bus then in to the park for a celebration.

so what puggs... is that not what happens to every team who get this kind of reception when something is won ? I would rather have the whole of greenock etc come out and join the fun if we COULD ever get a reception like said, the potential to grow our support is big, we need to give people something to support like a winning team, wether we like it or not winning is what gets fans to go follow teams... except the real diehards like the board members on here of course ;)

There are some questions that are too important, some truths too powerful, some messages too liberating, that they can never be heard for fear they might actually provide you with the freedom you desire and that 'they' then lose the dependence you have on them and for which they are rewarded. They lose the hold they have over you which keeps you spellbound and feeds their ego, their hunger for power and their raison d'etre.

- Think for Yourself, Ask Your own questions, Do Your own research! ...... Set Yourselves Free!

so what puggs... is that not what happens to every team who get this kind of reception when something is won ? I would rather have the whole of greenock etc come out and join the fun if we COULD ever get a reception like said, the potential to grow our support is big, we need to give people something to support like a winning team, wether we like it or not winning is what gets fans to go follow teams... except the real diehards like the board members on here of course ;)

I'd rather not have the people who are killing local football come out and leech as soon as we get a sniff of success just because their big-team is 27 miles away.

I know it would never happen, but would love if something as momentous as that would be celebrated by the 2000 or so diehards...the ones who have Morton first and no one else!

*bumps back in to reality*

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

My point was more around the people of Greenock, Gourock, and the Port, not the town itself, ie the councils etc.

I dont think we'd get the best reception.......too many OF **** would spoil it.

I disagree as much as the old firm fans are scumbags there was a few on the march to cappielow & none of them caused any trouble.

Many Old Firm fans in this area see Morton as there wee team.

user posted image

I kinda agree with Muz, it would probably be ruined by OF fans. I remember being outside Word Up after winning the 3rd division, dancing around with other fans and players (Bottiglieri could MOVE) - the number of Celtic fans trying to get in our faces to try and kick something off was unbelievable. I heard the fact that Ton fans would never get to Seville mentioned about 100 times.

ryu-blackhadou.gif

jSuper_Street_Fighter_II_Turbo.png

An internet fud is still a fud.

I kinda agree with Muz, it would probably be ruined by OF fans. I remember being outside Word Up after winning the 3rd division, dancing around with other fans and players (Bottiglieri could MOVE) - the number of Celtic fans trying to get in our faces to try and kick something off was unbelievable. I heard the fact that Ton fans would never get to Seville mentioned about 100 times.

most be the jealous fact that the real hoops won a trophy that year. they won F*ck all.

****in cunts that they are. lets all laugh at celtic :lol:

edited to add - if you took 1000 celtic or rangers fans along with 1000 ton fans and made them sit an i.q. test how much do you reckon we would win by. seriously i think at least about 15 points.

Archived