Back The Bully Wee - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Back The Bully Wee

Toby

Clyde's financial plight has been fairly well documented in recent weeks, with sesaon ticket holders being asked to pay into Broadwood for the St. Johnstone game on Tuesday night.

I noticed a thread on P&B regarding this and wonder if Morton have any sort of stance on the matter.

On a one-off occasion in 2001, when we were in dire straights, Clyde offered to hand half of the enterance fees into the away end at Broadwood for a game against us over to Morton.

I wonder if those in charge at Cappielow would be willing to reciprocate the goodwill shown to us in our hour of need :unsure: ?

Clyde's financial plight has been fairly well documented in recent weeks, with sesaon ticket holders being asked to pay into Broadwood for the St. Johnstone game on Tuesday night.

I noticed a thread on P&B regarding this and wonder if Morton have any sort of stance on the matter.

On a one-off occasion in 2001, when we were in dire straights, Clyde offered to hand half of the enterance fees into the away end at Broadwood for a game against us over to Morton.

I wonder if those in charge at Cappielow would be willing to reciprocate the goodwill shown to us in our hour of need :unsure: ?

I'd like to think we would, not yet though. The difference between their situation and ours at the time is that we were in administration by that point, the club was running on goodwill.

For all Clyde might appear to be in the mire their fate is still in the hands of their board.

Also, if you believe P&B one of the Clyde Directors told their fans that the financial situation wasn't as bad as made out at their fan forum the other night .

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

We were in administration facing certain liquidation in the near future at that point, are Clyde?

This gesture would be fantastic, just not sure they are on their last legs yet.

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

I think before handing over any money, it might be worth carrying out some due diligence or whatever it's called to establish whether or not the cash would in fact reach the club or would end up elsewhere.

Read between the lines as you see fit.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived