Allan Mcgraw Testimonial - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Allan Mcgraw Testimonial

TRVMP

Whilst clearing out the basement today, my parents found a copy of the match programme from the Allan McGraw Testimonial game against Alex Ferguson's Aberdeen, during the Benny Rooney era. I was just wondering the date of the game, because it's not printed anywhere on the programme. Anyone got any memories of the game?

EOho8Pw.png

Allan McGraw's testimonial was against Middlesbrough at Cappielow. We won 2-1. It was round about November 1981 a couple of months after Thommo went to Boro'. Hayes & Cochrane scored our goals.

It was started off with an Old Crocks game against the Lisbon lions. We lost 4-1 with Joe Harper scoring an absolute peach for us. Also remember it was on an absolutely miserable Tuesday night & it bucketed all game.

I'd love to have you both for dinner

Allan McGraw's testimonial was against Middlesbrough at Cappielow. We won 2-1. It was round about November 1981 a couple of months after Thommo went to Boro'. Hayes & Cochrane scored our goals.

It was started off with an Old Crocks game against the Lisbon lions. We lost 4-1 with Joe Harper scoring an absolute peach for us. Also remember it was on an absolutely miserable Tuesday night & it bucketed all game.

I thought that the whole deal was that Billy McNeil wouldn't bring the lions and Boro were a late replacement - hence why c*lt*c have NEVER been used for frendlies or testemonials since (and we've been forced to sit through endless games against the **** instead)?

Or was it the c*lt*c first team that didn't come?

I do remember the old crocks for Hal Stewarts testemonial (we won 2-0 and Benny Rooney scored).

AT

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

I have the match ball from that game signed by all the players.

TRUST THE DUFF

Yeah AT it was the Celtic first team that wouldn't play.

The Hal Stewart Old Crocks game we drew 1-1 & then got beat on penalties. Benny scored a rocket into the wee Dublin End. It was the best game he's ever played for us. :)

I'd love to have you both for dinner

Archived