Yet Another Repeated Stabbing - Page 3 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Yet Another Repeated Stabbing

HMS Willow

11961s.jpg

answer me this does one receive this for stabbing or for being good and not stabbing

or is this the court room artists impression of the contract talks with christiano ronaldo as it was raised that he was being treated like a slave

Remember The Alamo --- MORTON 5 THE MIDDEN BUT 1

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest midTONs
answer me this does one receive this for stabbing or for being good and not stabbing

One would receive this for being caught in possession (without lawful authority or reasonable excuse) of an knife or object that has been made or adapted to cause injury.

Guest midTONs
would the cops get dressed up in victorian attire to spank the urchin?

If it made people feel happier with the situation I would have no objections as to what they wore. Some people think this is a barbaric act which should remain in the past but society is so fecked up now that sometimes you have to take a few steps back before you can go forward. Bringing back the birch for young offenders is something I whole heartily agree with and I will never change my mind on.

Guest midTONs
The 'birch 'em' brigade can bang on and on about it as much and as long as you want, but get this... it ain't going to happen. Ever.

Get over it. ;)

Your maybe right but but it wont stop me believing that it should be brought back and that it would go a considerable way to stopping a lot of what is wrong in society these days.

Your maybe right but but it wont stop me believing that it should be brought back and that it would go a considerable way to stopping a lot of what is wrong in society these days.

That's as maybe, but wouldn't you be better spending your time and energy on doing something that might actually do some good, rather than on a campaign that has absolutely no chance of happening?

Just a thought like.

I agree wholeheartedly

DONT ABUSE YOUR FRIENDS AND EXPECT THEM TO CONSIDER IT CRITICISM

THERE ARE ONLY TWO RACES ON THIS PLANET - THE INTELLIGENT AND THE STUPID

Guest midTONs
That's as maybe, but wouldn't you be better spending your time and energy on doing something that might actually do some good, rather than on a campaign that has absolutely no chance of happening?

Just a thought like.

like what? (serious question).

like what? (serious question).

Well, for example, instead of bombarding a football messageboard read by a couple of hundred people at most with pro-birching posts, why not bombard newspapers and your elected representatives with letters containing realistic suggestions that might actually work, like more policing, stiffer sentencing, more leisure facilities for teenagers, more alcohol restrictions, etc, etc.

The 'birch 'em' brigade can bang on and on about it as much and as long as you want, but get this... it ain't going to happen. Ever.

Get over it. ;)

The softly Softly approach over the last twenty years or so has not worked, in fact it has created disgusting monsters who quite honestly do not deserve to live amongst decent people. They are scum no more no less. Stop buying them designer gear and taking them on foreign holidays, start punishing them. What about us parents who raised good decent kids who didnt get designer gear and exotic holidays. Are we rewarded. No, we are sick each time our kids have a night out. That's what we get for raising good kids.

Guest midTONs
Well, for example, instead of bombarding a football messageboard read by a couple of hundred people at most with pro-birching posts, why not bombard newspapers with letter with realistic suggestions that might actually work, like more policing, stiffer sentencing, more leisure facilities for teenagers, more alcohol restrictions, etc, etc.

This is what I'm getting at and want (stiffer sentencing) all the other things might go a little way to helping the situation but until the judicial system stops failing the police and the public then it's a waste of time, bringing back the birch is a sure fire way to making the streets safer over night with only those doing wrong needing to worry about the consequences.

I'm not saying birch every young offender that comes to the attention of the police but those caught carrying offensive weapons, those convicted of using them is a must.

I just can't get my head around the fact that people who reckon violence is wrong and barbaric (which it is) then see violence and barbarism as a solution to society's problems. :huh:

It's all these people know and understand. If you dont use violence then you have nothing to worry about.

The authorities said "Visit the poor victims in hospital" how about "Here is what your poor victim went through"

This is what I'm getting at and want (stiffer sentencing) all the other things might go a little way to helping the situation but until the judicial system stops failing the police and the public then it's a waste of time, bringing back the birch is a sure fire way to making the streets safer over night with only those doing wrong needing to worry about the consequences.

I'm not saying birch every young offender that comes to the attention of the police but those caught carrying offensive weapons, those convicted of using them is a must.

I think the way to make the streets safer is to introduce the weekend jails for anti social behaviour (think you suggested it jim) where offenders get banged up fri evening to mon mornings and do it in the cells with nothing but the itchy blanket, metal toilet, a bit o reading material and some grub. The only way to guarantee safer streets is to remove the problem from the streets, and anyone who has done a weekender will tell you they are murder.

Remember The Alamo --- MORTON 5 THE MIDDEN BUT 1

Guest midTONs
It's all these people know and understand. If you dont use violence then you have nothing to worry about.

The authorities said "Visit the poor victims in hospital" how about "Here is what your poor victim went through"

...and then they then go out and tell there mates about how the victim was sitting crying, shaking and cannot get to sleep at night and then they can all have a right good laugh about it whilst debating who will be their next victim.

Getting "the birch" would be a status symbol for these guys that thrive on violence so much. They would boast about it with their mates and see it as adding to their credibility. I don't see corporal punsihment as having much impact at all.

The only way to deal with the problem is a total change in attitude. I like the recent idea of charging people with "cowardice". Stiffer sentences would help, yes, but only if it went hand in hand with decent rehabilitation programmes. Sticking someone in a cell for 6 years and letting them get really angry with society is just going to lead to someone else getting stabbed when the person gets out of jail.

Guest midTONs
I think the way to make the streets safer is to introduce the weekend jails for anti social behaviour (think you suggested it jim) where offenders get banged up fri evening to mon mornings and do it in the cells with nothing but the itchy blanket, metal toilet, a bit o reading material and some grub. The only way to guarantee safer streets is to remove the problem from the streets, and anyone who has done a weekender will tell you they are murder.

I'm certainly in favour of this and I agree it would work.

Guest midTONs
Getting "the birch" would be a status symbol for these guys that thrive on violence so much. They would boast about it with their mates and see it as adding to their credibility. I don't see corporal punsihment as having much impact at all.

The only way to deal with the problem is a total change in attitude. I like the recent idea of charging people with "cowardice". Stiffer sentences would help, yes, but only if it went hand in hand with decent rehabilitation programmes. Sticking someone in a cell for 6 years and letting them get really angry with society is just going to lead to someone else getting stabbed when the person gets out of jail.

Stuart nobody says these people who get birched wouldn't wear there scars as a medal, what we are saying is very few if any would be going back for a 2nd.

...and then they then go out and tell there mates about how the victim was sitting crying, shaking and cannot get to sleep at night and then they can all have a right good laugh about it whilst debating who will be their next victim.

You have to fight them back with their weapons of choice. Violence and humiliation. Everything else has been tried and has failed.

First of all we have to find a label for them that the media can use, as they seem to get a huge kick from their infamy like "3 Smelly Jobbies attack man last night" starts making them look not so tough dont you think?

Archived