For Villa Fans - Page 5 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

For Villa Fans

Guest GibbyTON

Rumours of a second bid being made for Roque Santa Cruz.

Would be a great signing IMO, although not sure where he'd fit in unless MON changes the formation.

If they can keep Barry and sign another centre mid to challenge Reo and Petrov I'd be pretty happy with the squad.

He'd need to play Carew's role, they couldn't both play in the same team.

If we are going to play the same formation as last season, a 4123 almost (it was pretty difficult to explain as Ashley and Gabby ran about a lot!) then we can only have one central striker!

Barry can't really stay now, although he'd be wasted at Anfield!

I know we can afford Arshavin and he'd be ideal for the right hand side as neither Stan or Reo fit the bill, but I don't think we want a £50k+ player on the wage bill

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He'd need to play Carew's role, they couldn't both play in the same team.

If we are going to play the same formation as last season, a 4123 almost (it was pretty difficult to explain as Ashley and Gabby ran about a lot!) then we can only have one central striker!

Barry can't really stay now, although he'd be wasted at Anfield!

I know we can afford Arshavin and he'd be ideal for the right hand side as neither Stan or Reo fit the bill, but I don't think we want a £50k+ player on the wage bill

If I remember right MON played a 4-4-2 in the 2nd leg against Odense.

Taylor

Gardner Knight Laursen Bouma (Barry)

Reo-Coker Sidwell Petrov Young

Agbonlahor Carew

If I remember right MON played a 4-4-2 in the 2nd leg against Odense.

Taylor

Gardner Knight Laursen Bouma (Barry)

Reo-Coker Sidwell Petrov Young

Agbonlahor Carew

So he moved Ashley round a bit, but still left a central midfielder on the right wing! I feel really sorry for Wayne, he'd fit into left so much better than Reo!!

We'll see what he does on Thursday against Hafnafjordur now that we have two fullbacks.

Rumours of a second bid being made for Roque Santa Cruz.

Would be a great signing IMO, although not sure where he'd fit in unless MON changes the formation.

If they can keep Barry and sign another centre mid to challenge Reo and Petrov I'd be pretty happy with the squad.

Heard rumour Arsenal were going to go for him but based on the fact only if Adebayor went to Barca. Would be a great addition to either team but for now dont think Arsenal need him.

Squad list with numbers...

1) Brad Friedel

2) Luke Young

3) Wilfred Bouma

4) Steve Sidwell

5) Martin Laursen

6) Gareth Barry

7) Ashley Young

9) Marlon Harewood

10) John Carew

11) Gabriel Agbonlahor

13) Stuart Taylor

14) Nathan Delfouneso

15) Curtis Davies

16) Zat Knight

17) Moustapha Salifou

18) Wayne Routledge

19) Stiliyan Petrov

20) Nigel Reo-Coker

21) Nicky Shorey

22) Brad Guzan

26) Craig Gardner

27) Isaiah Osbourne

28) Shaun Maloney

29) Stephen O'Halloran

which leaves 23-25 or 30+ for Carlos. Give him 23, although a Spaniard wearing that number and we know where the fecking English press will go with it...

Martin's 750th day in charge on Saturday, so hopefully we can beat Stoke to make it a good day! :D

They've signed a couple of guys who are waiting on work permits (Abdoulaye Faye and Haminu Dramani), neither of which particularly bother me, although if Faye were to miss out, their defence would be significantly weaker!

Sadly Roque Santa Cruz has signed a new contract with Blackburn, would have liked to have seen MON try and sign him as Carew is the only real target man that we have at the club.

Oh well, back to trying to pay far too much for James Milner! Surely there's an equally good right winger that we can get at a far cheaper price??? :unsure:

Gareth Barry is staying (again).

His agent has told Sky Sports News he will definitely be staying and wil be looking to sign a new contract next summer.

Nobody wants to buy Gareth, so we'll try and get higher wages at Villa Park

We haven't replaced him so it's probably for the best, plus you have Barry on the back of one of your Villa strips, don't you?

Mine have Gabby and Carlos on the back, so no f***er buy them!!! :angry:

Milners put in a TR at Newcastle, strong rumours he could be coming to Villa.

Neither up nor down about the possibility of signing him, always struck me as a fairly average player.

Good news about Barry though, looking forward to Sunday now :)

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Archived