For Villa Fans - Page 6 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

For Villa Fans

Guest GibbyTON

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ten million, what a rip off. Newcastle must be laughing their way to the bank.

Overpriced - but I'm sure he'll still be better value than Shevchenko and his nine league goal haul. A snip for the princely sum of around £30m :P .

So far today Villa have been linked with moves for Kevin Doyle and Dean Ashton.

The most recent, according to Sky Sports News, is that MON might be making a move for Emile Heskey.

Quite happy to have missed out on all three of those :D

Sunday showed up the need for a bit more quality up front, but once the squad settles I can see them challenging for top 5 again.

Thought Shorey looked ok, saw lots of the ball. Needs to learn Ashley Youngs strengths though, bypassed him quite a lot opting for longer through balls instead. MON needs to explain that Youngs at his most dangerous with the ball at his feet and running at players.

Result was Young drifted out the game.

Milner didn't have long enough to show much.

Friedel looked ok, not that much different than Carson this time last year TBH.

Petrovs looking livelier, hopefully the bit of pressure from having a bit more strength and depth will see him push himself more.

Barry was his usual composed self.

Luke Young was fairly quiet, couple of decent runs.

NRC played one of his best games I thought, didn't rate him last season but maybe he's settled in a bit more now.

The rest were good. Would have liked them to up the gears a little and have gone for Liverpool but as I said on the Liverpool thread they defended extremely well all over the park.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill will try to sign 30-year-old Wigan striker Emile Heskey in the January transfer window. (Daily Mirror)

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

It was on the cards on deadline day apparently. Stan Collymore was on the radio saying he'd been told from a well placed source that Wigan were in for Frazier Campbell on a permanent deal from Man U - and had they got him Heskey was off to VP apparently.

I've never been Emile Heskey's biggest fan, to put it mildly, but as a squad striker he is an improvement on Marlene.

O'Neill's also worked with him before and would be able to get best out of him. They need to add numbers and, like I say, as a squad man I don't think it would be that bad a call.

Archived