Goalkeepers - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Goalkeepers

Mr.Blue

Just read this from P and B. posted by a queens fan. It's an update from their official site.

"As you all know we require two keepers before the season starts in earnest so we have three very experienced goalies training with us this week. Ex Aberdeen man, Ryan Esson, has returned north again after a spell in England and he actually stayed in Dumfries last week and trained with us at Glasgow. And joining him this week are Bryn Halliwell, ex Clyde, Hamilton and St Johnstone and also Kevin Cuthbert who was also at McDiarmid Park for a spell."

As well as these guys theyve just re-signed Jamie Adams from Hearts on a loan deal.

Wouldve liked to see any of these guys on trial at Cappielow.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

We can't afford any of them unless Mcanespie and Stevenson leave, so no point really discussing them unfortunately. :(

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

We can't afford any of them unless Mcanespie and Stevenson leave, so no point really discussing them unfortunately. :(

McANESPIE a hope will join queens for a small fee and then we could maybe get one of those keepers ats on trial at queens and a think that will be us a dont think DI is got cash for another player :angry:

They're only training with them at the moment, so we still have a chance. Hopefully Halliwell's wage demands will mean we get either of the better remaining two - Esson wasn't bad in his day, haven't seen him for years though.

They're only training with them at the moment, so we still have a chance. Hopefully Halliwell's wage demands will mean we get either of the better remaining two - Esson wasn't bad in his day, haven't seen him for years though.

wouldn't have minded any of the three, but as what has been said before DI's hands are tied money wise. We definately need to get someone tied up pretty soon to go along with Stewart.

wouldn't have minded any of the three, but as what has been said before DI's hands are tied money wise. We definately need to get someone tied up pretty soon to go along with Stewart.

I wouldn't mind either of the three, but assuming their attentions are fixed on signing two of them, then Halliwell will surely be handed a contract as I am assuming they will have plently money to splash with their Cup exploits.

McANESPIE a hope will join queens for a small fee and then we could maybe get one of those keepers ats on trial at queens and a think that will be us a dont think DI is got cash for another player :angry:

McAnespie's now training with Wycombe Wanderers. As regards 'keepers, Adam Bradley is a very good young 'keeper. :rolleyes:

McAnespie's now training with Wycombe Wanderers. As regards 'keepers, Adam Bradley is a very good young 'keeper. :rolleyes:

That's excellent news Smiffy-have you been rewarding him appropriately?

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

At only 19 he has his excuses for being naive, which is what i'm constantly being told about him. A short term deal with him would do, until we can see him playing more consistently and make a more future based desision later on in the season.

At only 19 he has his excuses for being naive, which is what i'm constantly being told about him. A short term deal with him would do, until we can see him playing more consistently and make a more future based desision later on in the season.

good point - of what we have heard the 2 games he has come on in he hasn,t done anything wrong, albeit he hasn't had a lot to do yet.

sounds promising

for me Colin Stewart done really well today.like the way he distributed the ball quickly to players.also thought he looked solid throughout the game.must be in contention for the number one jersey.

Yeah, he did look fairly solid today.

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man"

morton4rp5.png

totally agree, Stewart looked pretty solid today. made a few good saves and commanded his area well

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

was very pleased with Colin Stewart's performance today. What he had to do he did well. Commanded his area well, his distibution was excellent and he was very vocal towards his team mates.

I for one was quite happy with his performance and didn't feel like cringing like alot of the time last season.

Hope it continues in that vein.

Archived