Keeping Track Of The Money - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keeping Track Of The Money

I know for sure the money raised by the Cappielow Cup Challange is for the sole use of the Youth setup.

I can only speak from what I know on the Trust and can say that figures on money spent by money raised by the Trust will be on display on the GMST very soon.

The money raised at the Sportsmans Dinner etc, is used for the Youth, though it would be down to Morton to release figures on how it is spend. I think if you take into account travel and coaches expenses etc, they will easily run at more than £4-5k alone never mind strips etc.

So I don't think the question is how the money raised is spent, its more of how much money is Dougie putting into the youth to make it viable as it will take more than the money raised and donated by the Trust and the Sportmans Dinner to run a successful Youth system

But I agree with everyone, its time the money raised, was detailed on how it was spent, as I am sure there is nothing to hide.

I have got to say I am dissapointed that, when someone asks a simple question he is abused. MORTONJAG had a valid point, one of which I was interested in hearing the answer. so what if he didnt go to the QA. does he have to attend everything to have an opinion. these threads are here to keep everyone in the loop.

SE65AN thank you for explaing what you know about this matter, it helps when it comes to raising funds for a very worthwhile cause, negitive feedback from the other numpties in here can only damage that.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have got to say I am dissapointed that, when someone asks a simple question he is abused. MORTONJAG had a valid point, one of which I was interested in hearing the answer. so what if he didnt go to the QA. does he have to attend everything to have an opinion. these threads are here to keep everyone in the loop.

SE65AN thank you for explaing what you know about this matter, it helps when it comes to raising funds for a very worthwhile cause, negitive feedback from the other numpties in here can only damage that.

Hi theton1,

Unfortunately you are preaching to the wrong people on here. The sad fact is that for all the people who slag MJ off for what they believe is a vendetta against the club, those same people excercise a great deal of personal attack and venom against the guy they accuse of being anti Morton/Rae's.

Put quite simply, you are wasting your time!

He who laughs last ............

It never ceases to amaze me how low some people are willing to stoop, lie and deceive. The only way to deal with that is to laugh in the face of adversity.....

No idea, can you explain?

Transparency is what is called for . As was posted on this site about the total monies raised and expenditure for the supporters match .

I cannot see why the club would not accomadate the Trust or supporters associations like the Gourock who seem to do alot of good fundraising for the benefit of the club .

I honestly can't see where the problem is in doing this , although when it comes to the youth set up the club seems to think its all too much effort .

(Away for a lay down before I go on rant mode yet again :rolleyes: )

Hi theton1,

Unfortunately you are preaching to the wrong people on here. The sad fact is that for all the people who slag MJ off for what they believe is a vendetta against the club, those same people excercise a great deal of personal attack and venom against the guy they accuse of being anti Morton/Rae's.

Put quite simply, you are wasting your time!

No I don't think the poster was wasting their time, but a good post nonetheless

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

Transparency is what is called for . As was posted on this site about the total monies raised and expenditure for the supporters match .

I cannot see why the club would not accomadate the Trust or supporters associations like the Gourock who seem to do alot of good fundraising for the benefit of the club .

I honestly can't see where the problem is in doing this , although when it comes to the youth set up the club seems to think its all too much effort .

(Away for a lay down before I go on rant mode yet again :rolleyes: )

Not very good with those photographic terms-is that the same as exposure?

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

Hmmmm - your response seems slightly aggressive on this one, why would that be?

Why? Here's the last line from MJ of the message I was responding to:- "Would you care to do the same, or do you prefer to hide up Mr Rae's arse?"

Would YOU accept that from the old duffer without responding appropriately (and do it without resorting to personal slurs, as I managed to do)?

'Nuff said, end of.

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right......."

Why? Here's the last line from MJ of the message I was responding to:- "Would you care to do the same, or do you prefer to hide up Mr Rae's arse?"

Would YOU accept that from the old duffer without responding appropriately (and do it without resorting to personal slurs, as I managed to do)?

'Nuff said, end of.

You have not answered my question-I merely asked!

Now to calling respectable posters 'old duffer'-I'd describe that as personal abuse, though I'd never dream of whinging to the Mods about it.

If you have facts and information to contradict any of the statements I have ever made openly and not anonymously about Mr Rae, it would be good to hear them, along with your identity. I have a significant quantity of private information to support every allegation I have ever made. That is kept private to protect confidentiality, though it may interest you to know that I regularly share p.m.'s with over twenty others-many of whom, for one or another reason, cannot be so forthright on this forum.

I think the majority of posters is coming round to the idea that 'the club' is stagnating, and clearly needs substantial inward investment before David Irons loses heart under the present regime.

Mortonjag is happy to see the clingons gradually dig themselves deeper into the sh*t. <_>

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

You have not answered my question-I merely asked!

Now to calling respectable posters 'old duffer'-I'd describe that as personal abuse, though I'd never dream of whinging to the Mods about it.

If you have facts and information to contradict any of the statements I have ever made openly and not anonymously about Mr Rae, it would be good to hear them, along with your identity. I have a significant quantity of private information to support every allegation I have ever made. That is kept private to protect confidentiality, though it may interest you to know that I regularly share p.m.'s with over twenty others-many of whom, for one or another reason, cannot be so forthright on this forum.

I think the majority of posters is coming round to the idea that 'the club' is stagnating, and clearly needs substantial inward investment before David Irons loses heart under the present regime.

Mortonjag is happy to see the clingons gradually dig themselves deeper into the sh*t. <_>

1. That wasn't a question, it was personal abuse.

2. That wasn't personal abuse, it was a statement of fact. :P

3. Errr, who whinged to the Mods? Not me, so what's your point, caller? Naah, don't bother answering, there isn't one, you're a Jag without a point.

4. Here we go again with the "I have the facts and information but have to keep them confidential" - if you can't disclose your info, then kindly stop alluding to it; anyone can make allegations and slanted comments but, without anything being made available to substantiate them, then as I said yesterday it amounts to little more than piss and wind.

5. hmm, first it was remarks about Dougie Rae's erse, now it's remarks about clingons digging into the sh*t - you're coming across as a potty-mouthed old bore with an anal fixation.

6. Since you are privy (pardon the pun!) to so many of life's secrets, please tell us - who really shot JFK??

DDFR, maybe?? :o

I seriously think you guys need a cold shower and an even colder beer or two. Lighten up FFS.

This is all getting far too tedious and boring. Perhaps everyone who is hell bent on finding things wrong at this club (and I have very lettle views either way on the subject) should march on down to the club and request a meeting with the board? :(

He who laughs last ............

It never ceases to amaze me how low some people are willing to stoop, lie and deceive. The only way to deal with that is to laugh in the face of adversity.....

1. That wasn't a question, it was personal abuse.

2. That wasn't personal abuse, it was a statement of fact. :P

3. Errr, who whinged to the Mods? Not me, so what's your point, caller? Naah, don't bother answering, there isn't one, you're a Jag without a point.

4. Here we go again with the "I have the facts and information but have to keep them confidential" - if you can't disclose your info, then kindly stop alluding to it; anyone can make allegations and slanted comments but, without anything being made available to substantiate them, then as I said yesterday it amounts to little more than piss and wind.

5. hmm, first it was remarks about Dougie Rae's erse, now it's remarks about clingons digging into the sh*t - you're coming across as a potty-mouthed old bore with an anal fixation.

6. Since you are privy (pardon the pun!) to so many of life's secrets, please tell us - who really shot JFK??

DDFR, maybe?? :o

Well, trying to joke your way out of the hole you just dug is at least a wee bit more intelligent than the usual clingon response.

The fact is son (does that sound patronising or what?) that I was repeatedly verbally abused by much wittier and more intelligent posters than you in my early days of criticising Mileson, McInally, AND Rae.

Fortunately the sharper tools in the box are now at the master craftsman's disposal!

Just one final point-despite your wee sticky oot tongue-I DID only pose a question.

Calling a man of my qualifications, experience, and incredibly superior intelligence an 'old duffer' I'd suggest is similar to calling Auld Shoogly a Fudgy Wudgy.

YER BARD

I seriously think you guys need a cold shower and an even colder beer or two. Lighten up FFS.

This is all getting far too tedious and boring. Perhaps everyone who is hell bent on finding things wrong at this club (and I have very lettle views either way on the subject) should march on down to the club and request a meeting with the board? :(

Agreed, re the beer, and I'm bored with this now - I usually just ignore him, and I think I'll return to that strategy. Life's too short, so from now on I'll try to confine MJ and his buffonery [sic] (and he IS sick) to the lowest level of my consciousness, maybe in the pigeonhole next to Jade Goody - serves her right.

My point throughout this nonsense has been simply this: it's exceedingly boring to have someone continually sniping from the sidelines at the running of the club and those who run it. It's easy to disparage people and what they have done/haven't done/are alleged to have done, and that is what MJ does on far too many occasions for my liking - hence my "deja vu" comment near the start of this thread.

Constructive criticism is one thing, and there's no doubt at all that certain things, maybe MANY things, could be done better at Cappielow, but I doubt that there's a club in the country where the supporters are happy with all aspects of their board's performance - this season alone the boards of Hearts, both halves of the OF, Kilmarnock, Motherwell (even though they finished THIRD), Aberdeen, Dundee, Dunfermline, Partick, East Stirling (!) and of course Gretna have been pilloried by their support, and I've no doubt that every club forum like this one has its own wee dose of MortonJag types - but if someone wants to raise an issue than why not do it in a balanced, evenhanded and analytical way - ie, without the sarcasm, the cynicism and the veiled hints of malpractice and misbehavior that MJ harps on about but has never yet shown any evidence of. What's wrong with just asking a civil question in a civil manner??

A meeting with the board, tho? Fat chance of MJ seeking that, based on past behaviour - he needs a messageboard profile (or two??!!) to hide behind, he ain't brave enough to stick his head above the parapet in person.

RIGHT, about that beer.......

Agreed, re the beer, and I'm bored with this now - I usually just ignore him, and I think I'll return to that strategy. Life's too short, so from now on I'll try to confine MJ and his buffonery [sic] (and he IS sick) to the lowest level of my consciousness, maybe in the pigeonhole next to Jade Goody - serves her right.

My point throughout this nonsense has been simply this: it's exceedingly boring to have someone continually sniping from the sidelines at the running of the club and those who run it. It's easy to disparage people and what they have done/haven't done/are alleged to have done, and that is what MJ does on far too many occasions for my liking - hence my "deja vu" comment near the start of this thread.

Constructive criticism is one thing, and there's no doubt at all that certain things, maybe MANY things, could be done better at Cappielow, but I doubt that there's a club in the country where the supporters are happy with all aspects of their board's performance - this season alone the boards of Hearts, both halves of the OF, Kilmarnock, Motherwell (even though they finished THIRD), Aberdeen, Dundee, Dunfermline, Partick, East Stirling (!) and of course Gretna have been pilloried by their support, and I've no doubt that every club forum like this one has its own wee dose of MortonJag types - but if someone wants to raise an issue than why not do it in a balanced, evenhanded and analytical way - ie, without the sarcasm, the cynicism and the veiled hints of malpractice and misbehavior that MJ harps on about but has never yet shown any evidence of. What's wrong with just asking a civil question in a civil manner??

A meeting with the board, tho? Fat chance of MJ seeking that, based on past behaviour - he needs a messageboard profile (or two??!!) to hide behind, he ain't brave enough to stick his head above the parapet in person.

RIGHT, about that beer.......

You won't be revealing your identity then? :lol:

Pray, before you resort to the usual ungracious method of defeat (your post is almost a carbon copy of dozens over the last three years pretending to be 'bored', will you answer a genuine question?

Are you satisfied with Mr Rae's stewardship of the club over the last three seasons?

Oh and don't forget the wee huff button if all else fails! :wacko:

YER BARD

You won't be revealing your identity then? :lol:

Pray, before you resort to the usual ungracious method of defeat (your post is almost a carbon copy of dozens over the last three years pretending to be 'bored', will you answer a genuine question?

Are you satisfied with Mr Rae's stewardship of the club over the last three seasons?

Oh and don't forget the wee huff button if all else fails! :wacko:

heh heh - "the usual ungracious method of defeat"?? Ahhh, so everyone else is wrong, and MJ is right....... somehow I think not. Some of us have lives away from "general Morton nonsense", and besides I find it tedious to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.......

In answer to your question, I was happy to see us get promoted back to the division we should be in. The board deserve credit for getting us there, albeit eventually. The fans didn't do it, the players did - and their being here is due to the board.

The club, I believe, is in the black, and is probably one of relatively few in Scottish football in that position. That position is largely due to the financial backing of Golden Casket, a "wee sweetie firm" (according to you) run by people whose name escapes me, and as a Morton fan I appreciate their overall input. Good to see people put their time and effort AND money towards advancing the club, albeit in the ways that THEY see fit - but if you pay the piper you call the tune.

The general condition of the ground, the facilities there and the floodlights have all improved markedly over the last three years, and all at a considerable cost - it's a fact that the visible improvements are disproportionately low in relation to the unseen costs involved, as I'm sure Alibi would agree.

So much for the good side. The bad.......?

Like many others, I cringe when Dougie takes the microphone and addresses the support (ESPECIALLY that time he couldn't get the damn thing to work, and Cappie the bloody Cat had to help him out). It's not big, and it's not clever - STOP IT NOW.

The public relations side still leaves much to be desired - we're all on the same side, for gawd's sake (or MOST of us, at least), and things like the withdrawal of a supporter's club from sponsoring Morton FC because of a dispute over £100 (as described in another current thread) are damaging and regrettable - and avoidable. I don't know if that was originally down to the Raes or not, but I do feel they should've stepped in when the thing escalated and was brought to their attention and done something to maintain the support and goodwill of the supporter's club.

The decision to remove the previous management team should have been taken by the board weeks, if not months, before the acceptance of the resignation of those individuals. Failure to act earlier almost cost our club their place in the First Division, and I'm less than impressed by their performance on that issue - loyalty to individuals can be admirable, but in this case it was allowed to cloud the realities of the situation and almost cost the club - and therefore the Raes - a great deal of money. And to criticise the support for making their feelings known and "hounding the manager out" was a PR disaster on Dougie's part.

So, some good, and some bad. There's yer answers, pal - now, before we bore the rest of the punters into oblivion, let's give it a rest. And in future, when you have questions to ask about the running of the club, try doing it without so much animosity and negativity - maybe you'll get a better reception than you generally do at present.

Now, why do I feel re that last comment that I would've been better advised to cut out the middle man and just go stoat my head directly off the brick wall.......

heh heh - "the usual ungracious method of defeat"?? Ahhh, so everyone else is wrong, and MJ is right....... somehow I think not. Some of us have lives away from "general Morton nonsense", and besides I find it tedious to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.......

In answer to your question, I was happy to see us get promoted back to the division we should be in. The board deserve credit for getting us there, albeit eventually. The fans didn't do it, the players did - and their being here is due to the board.

The club, I believe, is in the black, and is probably one of relatively few in Scottish football in that position. That position is largely due to the financial backing of Golden Casket, a "wee sweetie firm" (according to you) run by people whose name escapes me, and as a Morton fan I appreciate their overall input. Good to see people put their time and effort AND money towards advancing the club, albeit in the ways that THEY see fit - but if you pay the piper you call the tune.

The general condition of the ground, the facilities there and the floodlights have all improved markedly over the last three years, and all at a considerable cost - it's a fact that the visible improvements are disproportionately low in relation to the unseen costs involved, as I'm sure Alibi would agree.

So much for the good side. The bad.......?

Like many others, I cringe when Dougie takes the microphone and addresses the support (ESPECIALLY that time he couldn't get the damn thing to work, and Cappie the bloody Cat had to help him out). It's not big, and it's not clever - STOP IT NOW.

The public relations side still leaves much to be desired - we're all on the same side, for gawd's sake (or MOST of us, at least), and things like the withdrawal of a supporter's club from sponsoring Morton FC because of a dispute over £100 (as described in another current thread) are damaging and regrettable - and avoidable. I don't know if that was originally down to the Raes or not, but I do feel they should've stepped in when the thing escalated and was brought to their attention and done something to maintain the support and goodwill of the supporter's club.

The decision to remove the previous management team should have been taken by the board weeks, if not months, before the acceptance of the resignation of those individuals. Failure to act earlier almost cost our club their place in the First Division, and I'm less than impressed by their performance on that issue - loyalty to individuals can be admirable, but in this case it was allowed to cloud the realities of the situation and almost cost the club - and therefore the Raes - a great deal of money. And to criticise the support for making their feelings known and "hounding the manager out" was a PR disaster on Dougie's part.

So, some good, and some bad. There's yer answers, pal - now, before we bore the rest of the punters into oblivion, let's give it a rest. And in future, when you have questions to ask about the running of the club, try doing it without so much animosity and negativity - maybe you'll get a better reception than you generally do at present.

Now, why do I feel re that last comment that I would've been better advised to cut out the middle man and just go stoat my head directly off the brick wall.......

You make some valid points but clearly feel you have a God given right to decide what is justified and what is not when it comes to criticism of Morton. It's also evident that you don't have the information I have, yet you are happy to call me a liar, and attempt to belittle my genuine reasons for not breaching confidentiality. I have identified myself, but you haven't the balls to do the same. Until you do you remain a complete nobody in my eyes!.

Just one point of correction-the fact that we're still in Division One is NOT down to the players, and it's most certainly not down to the Board, aka Mr Rae, who would now have us back in division 2 if he'd had his way. The only person to thank is JM, and of course the totally serendipitous coincidence of his departure with DI/DC needing a new job pronto. It's also ludicrous to suggest that the fans had no input. They were well worth that twelfth man at Firhill, and without the fans there would be no Morton-simple-even if Mr Rae seems to have tried in every conceivable way to alienate the paying customer.

You accuse me of going on ad nauseam, when the truth is that I start a legitimate thread, making legitimate points, and asking legitimate questions based on observation and information, only to be attacked by a series of Jag assassins. The Jag's still alive and kicking!

Well sonny, you're the new kid on the block, and my advice to you is this-sure-go and knock your pretty little head off that brick wall-it might be good therapy, though you'll have to extract it from your rectum first! :)

YER BARD

Just one point of correction-the fact that we're still in Division One is NOT down to the players, and it's most certainly not down to the Board, aka Mr Rae, who would now have us back in division 2 if he'd had his way.

That's a pretty outlandish claim. Care to elaborate? :blink:

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

That's a pretty outlandish claim. Care to elaborate? :blink:

I think MJ is refering to the fact that McInally walked and Dougie was still in a huff days later that he lost his friend . If JM had the balls to stay (shiver at the thought ) then the outcome of the season wouldn't have been the same .

You make some valid points but clearly feel you have a God given right to decide what is justified and what is not when it comes to criticism of Morton. It's also evident that you don't have the information I have, yet you are happy to call me a liar, and attempt to belittle my genuine reasons for not breaching confidentiality. I have identified myself, but you haven't the balls to do the same. Until you do you remain a complete nobody in my eyes!.

Just one point of correction-the fact that we're still in Division One is NOT down to the players, and it's most certainly not down to the Board, aka Mr Rae, who would now have us back in division 2 if he'd had his way. The only person to thank is JM, and of course the totally serendipitous coincidence of his departure with DI/DC needing a new job pronto. It's also ludicrous to suggest that the fans had no input. They were well worth that twelfth man at Firhill, and without the fans there would be no Morton-simple-even if Mr Rae seems to have tried in every conceivable way to alienate the paying customer.

You accuse me of going on ad nauseam, when the truth is that I start a legitimate thread, making legitimate points, and asking legitimate questions based on observation and information, only to be attacked by a series of Jag assassins. The Jag's still alive and kicking!

Well sonny, you're the new kid on the block, and my advice to you is this-sure-go and knock your pretty little head off that brick wall-it might be good therapy, though you'll have to extract it from your rectum first! :)

YAWN.......

.......well, at least he got the "pretty little head" bit right....... :lol:

Anyway, to business.......

I don't call you a liar, auld yin; I DO think though that you are a shameless, scurillous rumourmonger, who alienates his audience and negates many of the points he makes by dint of a shamefully biased and unpleasant attitude.

And how have you identified yourself, did I miss that?? Actually, don't elaborate; I couldnt care less who/what/where you are.

hmm, so the players didn't keep us up?? JM and the support did?? REALLY??? :blink: Tell me, what's the weather like on your home planet? Honestly, words fail me - I just wish they'd fail YOU....... I don't belittle the effect of the support; I'm part of it and was as impressed as anyone by the backing we gave them at Firhill, but really....... if it was all down to that, how did Hamilton win the League, how did Livingston and QoS do better than us and why did Dunfermline have such a miserable season? Reality check needed MJ!! The support may indeed be the "12th man" on occasion - but only on occasion - and that leaves 11 on the pitch to do the real work.......

By all means start your "legitimate threads", make your "legitimate points"; after all, I can easily go back to ignoring you if I choose - but for gawd's sake take the chip off your shoulder and you might get more favourable responses. And it's tiresome to continually see this "I'm important enough to have information about the club's owners but you're not important enough to share it" attitude from you. If you aren't going to share it, don't go on about it, because to the rest of us it might as well not exist. And maybe it doesn't. Put up, or shut up - and preferably the latter.......

.......now, go make yourself a cup of Complan and get to bed. Me, I'm going back to the real world, the smell of bulls*** from your posts is getting rather too ripe.

Archived