TheMortonForum.com

Calculate Your Bmi

vikingTON

Calculate your body mass index using these nifty websites:

Adults

Under 18s.

Post if you wish.

I couldn't care either way. :P

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I have no idea what weight I am...

That would be a slight snag...

You could estimate, and run the risk of being labelled morbidally obese or deid. :unsure:

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

6ft2.5" and 180lbs... gives me a BMI of 22.8.

As stated, BMI isn't really a good measure of health. A colleague of mine, a rugby player and mountain bike fanatic, very heavily muscled and fit with it (ideal for the job he was applying for!), had his application for the police knocked back because his BMI was too high. He ended up having to spend months losing weight/muscle by running loads and eating salads etc before he reached his target BMI. Didn't feel as fit as he had before he was forced to lose weight.... and didn't look it either.

I only know my height in the imperial system 5ft 6ins

and my weight in the metric system 76kg

so i can't input these figures. please help.

2.2 lbs to the kilo and 14 lbs to the stone, therefore with a bit of mental arithmetic

Weight = 2.2 * 76 =167.2 / 14 = 11 st 13.2 lbs

Alternatively, 2.5 (Ok so it's 2.54 but that messes with the old mental arithmetic) cm to the 1" and with 12" in a foot

Hieght = 5' 6" = 66 * 2.5 = 1 m 65 cm (1.67 if you use 2.54)

B) ScotinBelgie

2.2 lbs to the kilo and 14 lbs to the stone, therefore with a bit of mental arithmetic

Weight = 2.2 * 76 =167.2 / 14 = 11 st 13.2 lbs

Alternatively, 2.5 (Ok so it's 2.54 but that messes with the old mental arithmetic) cm to the 1" and with 12" in a foot

Hieght = 5' 6" = 66 * 2.5 = 1 m 65 cm (1.67 if you use 2.54)

B) ScotinBelgie

Thanks for the effort

6ft2.5" and 180lbs... gives me a BMI of 22.8.

As stated, BMI isn't really a good measure of health. A colleague of mine, a rugby player and mountain bike fanatic, very heavily muscled and fit with it (ideal for the job he was applying for!), had his application for the police knocked back because his BMI was too high. He ended up having to spend months losing weight/muscle by running loads and eating salads etc before he reached his target BMI. Didn't feel as fit as he had before he was forced to lose weight.... and didn't look it either.

Aye but if you have heavy muscular structure, you really should bear that in mind when calculating it and take it with a good pinch of salt - unless the reading is very high.

If you have a more normal build, it is a perfectly good measurement.

Aye but if you have heavy muscular structure, you really should bear that in mind when calculating it and take it with a good pinch of salt - unless the reading is very high.

If you have a more normal build, it is a perfectly good measurement.

Salt is bad for you.

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

Salt is bad for you.

Take less than 7g a day for adult men.

6g for women.

A pinch isn't really that much. ;)

Salt is bad for you.

Too much certainly clogs your arteries , everything is okay in moderation though , but most people take too much salt everyday than they should from processed foods , it's not just piling it onto a fish supper which does the damage.

Smoking is bad too , and is drinking too much alcohol.

Too much certainly clogs your arteries , everything is okay in moderation though , but most people take too much salt everyday than they should from processed foods , it's not just piling it onto a fish supper which does the damage.

Smoking is bad too , and is drinking too much alcohol.

X

Salt raises blood pressure, causing hypertension (high blood pressure).

This increases the risk of heart attacks and strokes.

Also, it causes water retention.

Here to help. B)

X

Salt raises blood pressure, causing hypertension (high blood pressure).

This increases the risk of heart attacks and strokes.

Also, it causes water retention.

Here to help. B)

The evidence mounts of VikingTon and MortonJag, the doctor, being one and the same.... ;)

Yer Dong

Thanks.

At the end of the day we might get run over by a bus anyway.

RIGHT ANSWER>

Yer Dong

Archived