.sco Domain - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

.sco Domain

Alibi

There's a letter in today's Scotsman asking why we can't have a .sco domain extension for Scotland instead of having to use .uk - Apparently Jersey, Guernsey, and the Isle of Man have their own unique domain extensions. I have often wondered why Scotland doesn't have one. And while we're at it, in Windows pull-down menus for country, Scotland doesn't exist - it's about time it did.

An important matter when you think about it as it removes us from the .uk envelope and increases our visibility. No doubt Sick Mick will disagree as he always does, but to me it's common sense.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

There's a letter in today's Scotsman asking why we can't have a .sco domain extension for Scotland instead of having to use .uk - Apparently Jersey, Guernsey, and the Isle of Man have their own unique domain extensions. I have often wondered why Scotland doesn't have one. And while we're at it, in Windows pull-down menus for country, Scotland doesn't exist - it's about time it did.

An important matter when you think about it as it removes us from the .uk envelope and increases our visibility. No doubt Sick Mick will disagree as he always does, but to me it's common sense.

Of course Sick Mick will disagree . He is an Old Firm supporter. Two rival teams, united in unionism :o

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

No offence mate, but this sounds the same as all the PC sh*te.

What the hell's wrong with .co.uk or .com?

Do we NEED a .sco? Just makes things awkward if ye ask me...

:blink:

Tomorrow will be the most beautiful day of Raymond K. Hessel's life. His breakfast will taste better than any meal you and I have ever tasted.

Maybe we could stop speaking English - and have our own time zone - 18th Century perhaps ;)

Guest Robert the Bruce
Maybe we could stop speaking English - and have our own time zone - 18th Century perhaps ;)

I thought you came from the 18th century.

www.trumpington.sco

Normally domain IDs have just two letters... so shouldn't it just be .sc ? :unsure:

Some sub-national TLDs (e.g. .cat) are obviously more than two characters, and then there's .com, .org, .biz, .info etc.

EOho8Pw.png

actually, http://www.rudeword.sco.net/ seems to be available as well. Modesty prevents me from describing the other alternatives :D

basically http://www.anythingyoulike.sco.net/ seems to be available, e.g.

http://www.RtB_loves_Lizzie.sco.net/

(Apologies RtB, just a bit of fun)

http://www.colkitto-shags-sickmick.sco.net/

Aye, I see what you mean.

Yeah, but aren't country domains two letters?

Yes, but .sc is taken. God damn Seychelles :angry: Indeed, every letter in Scotland after S is already taken (i.e. .sc, .so, .st, .sl, .sa, .sn, .sd.) So, .sco may be the only one available that makes any sense.

Also I just looked it up, and .cat is apparently "sponsored" and not part of the general country TLD system at all, so it's not even an exception. It's closer to .museum and .jobs than it is .es.

But TLDs are changing, and eventually they're going to run out of two letter codes. Might as well make a start on 3s.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived