Villa Thread - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Villa Thread

ThornTON

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Villa? - OK, here he is scoring possibly the greatest FA cup final goal ever. ;)

IPB Image

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Just to avoid Patonlike confusion, it can go in one thread :)

This can be it...

Chris Sutton to play up front with Abhongalor next game?... as Angel and Gabby don't seem the best pairing.

Agbonhalor came on as a sub for Englnd u21, ain't had much of the ball...

It's Agbonlahor by the way :P .

I sent Savo an email about him around a year ago telling him to watch out for him in his loan spells at Sheffield Wednesday and Watford because he is tipped to be the next big thing. Needless to say the loan spells weren't great. Good to see him doing well now, even if he is very raw.

In the Sun today it says that he is eligible to play for Scotland as his Mum is Scottish (he can also play for Nigera through his Dad) but England is his first choice. Peter Taylor is also quoted as saying he hopes he gets called up for the English A squad so he can't play for Scotland.

Just off the bbc site which is linking Stan Collymore with a return to Villa park. I've got Collymore's autobiography and he goes on and on about how Martin O'Neil was the best manager he ever worked with and O'Neill didn't totally rule it out but I think that might have been out of sympathy. I remember being over the moon when he signed for Villa and especially when I got his autograph outside Fir Park after a Motherwell v Villa pre season friendly about '98.

Collymore linked with Villa return

As Martin O'Neill has taken a look round the contract situations of the players during this latest international break, he hasn't forgotten about the contribution made by Gavin McCann since he took over.

Speaking on the official site he said:

"McCann is a really talented footballer. In all the hype that's going on with the players and the focus of attention on the younger lads and Stiliyan Petrov arriving, McCann seems to have been overlooked.

"But he's absolutely terrific and the best news we had for the recent home game with Charlton came when he declared himself fit.

"Our chances of beating Charlton improved immensely with the news that he was fit.

"There are a number of players at this minute who we'd look at. Gavin McCann has been absolutely terrific.

"There are a number of players who we would think: "Do we want to keep them longer at the football club?

"Lots of boys are playing very well at the moment - so do they all get a new contract? Over a considered period of time it may be worth it."

He's been playing well this season after an indifferent season under O'Leary, so O'Neill's improved him something great. :)

:blink:

I cant understand this fascination with Villa. I have tried, honest.

Did you all listen to UB40 when you were kids?

Sadly I fear it's to do with the Celtic Connection Martin O'Niell (Petrov + Sutton) :(

Just Visiting.

Archived