Villa Thread - Page 14 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Villa Thread

ThornTON

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh I'll be at McDiarmid, don't worry...was thinking of Cawston and his wean since they live down that way.

Cheers Thornton.

In the last couple of seasons I've managed to see Leicester, Wolves and Coventry all for a tenner each. Normal prices are rediculous but if you pick and choose your games you can still take in quite a few games a season for decent value.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Scott Carson and Nigel Reo-Coker return to the Aston Villa squad having been suspended for the 1-1 draw at Bolton.

The match is likely to come too soon for John Carew, who has missed five matches with a knee ligament injury.

Derby striker Kenny Miller is doubtful with the hamstring strain he suffered in last weekend's defeat by Everton.

Defender Andy Todd is still some way from a return with back and hamstring problems but otherwise manager Billy Davies has reported a fully-fit squad.

-----------------------------------------

As long as I never, ever have to see Issiah (third attempt at spelling it, and Firefox's spell checker has allowed it, so it's staying as that) Osbourne again I'll be happy!!!

Carson and Barry expected to start tonight :D

Finally some sense from MacLaren!!!

Ashley Youngs another one who'll be a regular soon enough.

Would like to see Carson signed up, good keeper.

O'Neils put together a good squad, just needs to find a real class midfielder and a natural goalscorer to take them onto the next level.

Ashley Youngs another one who'll be a regular soon enough.

Would like to see Carson signed up, good keeper.

O'Neils put together a good squad, just needs to find a real class midfielder and a natural goalscorer to take them onto the next level.

The scousers want £8 million or so for Scott, surely MON can get a better deal than that out them?

Ashley set up Crouch with a good chance at 1-0 in the Austria game but he fluffed his header. The 3 Villa boys were definitely the best players on the park! Would have liked to have seen Gabby called up for the full squad for the Austria, instead of wasting him in the under 21s, where he got himself injured.

The scousers want £8 million or so for Scott, surely MON can get a better deal than that out them?

Ashley set up Crouch with a good chance at 1-0 in the Austria game but he fluffed his header. The 3 Villa boys were definitely the best players on the park! Would have liked to have seen Gabby called up for the full squad for the Austria, instead of wasting him in the under 21s, where he got himself injured.

Might get a discount on him after tonight :P

Craig Gordons transfer has raised the bar if you like (s***e pun I know).

That's the going rate now for good British keepers, and it's not like Villa don't have the money.

Gabby's got a bit to go yet before he's full international class, final balls still really hit and miss. When he gets it right it's fantastic, but it's equally soul destroying to see him beat 3 guys then ding it into row z.

Getting better all the time though, couple of seasons under his belt and he'll be there.

• 3 weeks later...

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill says striker Luke Moore turned down a fresh contract offer from the club.

The Northern Irishman has taken up a one-year option on the 21-year-old's existing deal, meaning Moore will stay at Villa Park until at least June 2009.

"There was talk about a new contract and negotiations went to and fro, but Luke has decided not to take the offer," he told the Birmingham Mail.

"The decision to extend Luke's contract was our decision," O'Neill added.

Villa Academy graduate Moore made his senior debut in February 2004 and has gone on to play 93 times for the club, scoring 15 goals.

This season the England Under-21 international has scored twice in eight league and cup games.

• 5 weeks later...
You rest your case? Okay then... :rolleyes: :lol:

Great game today Thornton, Villa still crying out for a striker though!

Reo-c***er finally came onto a game, Petrov and Barry were excellent. Laursen was a stand out again.

Don't know if you've heard but they're selling North Stand tickets for a tenner for the Blackburn game in a couple of weeks if you're planning any more trips down.

38K there today, not many from Reading but good atmos just the same.

Great game today Thornton, Villa still crying out for a striker though!

Reo-c***er finally came onto a game, Petrov and Barry were excellent. Laursen was a stand out again.

Don't know if you've heard but they're selling North Stand tickets for a tenner for the Blackburn game in a couple of weeks if you're planning any more trips down.

38K there today, not many from Reading but good atmos just the same.

I'm going to the game at Craven Cottage the Sunday after the Blackburn game.

Sadly I haven't seen the highlights yet as MOTD wasn't on due to the Scottish cup highlights being on, so will need to catch Goals on Sunday on Sky tomorrow.

Reo Coker actually looked like a footballer? :o This I have to see to believe!!!

• 1 month later...
Savo Milosevic has signed for Rubin Kazan in Russia.

Random place to go, you'd think he'd have retired after leaving Osasuna.

Money talks. Are a lot of these Russian sides not minted these days?

ryu-blackhadou.gif

jSuper_Street_Fighter_II_Turbo.png

An internet fud is still a fud.

Archived