Personal Abuse - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Personal Abuse

AyrshireTon

I thought that this was disgraceful from some of the fans today. I ought to point out that I am not referring to shouting at the team as a whole (which I was doing plently of along the lines of "get it sorted" etc..), but to people who launch a verbal assualt on individual players who are clearly having an off day. <_>

Ryan Harding was referrered to as "a fcuking useless waste of space" in the first half by someone standing near the burger van.

Chris Millar recieced worse treatment in the 2nd half from a guy behind the goal (who left early) in the form of "I fcuking hate you Millar, you're fcuking sh!te"

Can anyone explain how this is meant to help them play any better? :huh:

I'm not suggesting that they were beyond critisism - the whole team was particularly poor - but why the personal abuse?

Weatherson was directly responsible for Ayr's goal, yet seemed to be unnoticed by these type of "fans".

Guess these guys have their targets and stick to them. <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_mad.gif" alt=":angry:">

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree.

I was also standing near the burger van in the first half and was hearing the abuse that was dished out towards our players - shocking.

I totally agree that we were pish today, aye, and that will give "fans" a licence to go and critisise whoever they like. I thing I don't get though, is what is the player(s) going to benefit from being taunted from your own support? It certainy won't do them any good, infact, it's likely to make them worse!

I'm thumbs up for encouragement, ie - "Get the finger oot!", "Not good enough" etc, but the personal abuse is uncalled for and can only have negative effects on the players and team as a whole.

I thought that this was disgraceful from some of the fans today. I ought to point out that I am not referring to shouting at the team as a whole (which I was doing plently of along the lines of "get it sorted" etc..), but to people who launch a verbal assualt on individual players who are clearly having an off day. <_>

Ryan Harding was referrered to as "a fcuking useless waste of space" in the first half by someone standing near the burger van.

Chris Millar recieced worse treatment in the 2nd half from a guy behind the goal (who left early) in the form of "I fcuking hate you Millar, you're fcuking sh!te"

I'm not suggesting that they were beyond critisism - the whole team was particularly poor - but why the personal abuse?

Weatherson was directly responsible for Ayr's goal, yet seemed to be unnoticed by these type of "fans".

Guess these guys have their targets and stick to them. <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_mad.gif" alt=":angry:">

What do you expect of fans every week, we come out to support the team at great expence and get what could only be described today as a f$ucking joke of e a performance, I may be pissed now but get grip, we are a full time football team and if thats all we can offer to a team like Ayre then I think its time we realised we are not nearly as good as we think we are.

just the same s***e from the same (i pay my entrance fee i'm entiltled to shout abuse) arseholes !!

try doing that in tescos or any other company or business, you'll be turfed oot the door and never be allowed back in..

sort YOURSELVES out !!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

The future just ain't what it used to be

I must admit, that goes down as the worst abuse of a single player I have heard in years.

A 5 min rant of torture. Only reason I think no one said anything was that at that point everyone was so pissed off at being 1-0 down and only mins to go.

I can picture the courtroom now, with AT acting as a prosecution witness.

Nah - I'd be the Prosecution. :D :P

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

:angry:

:angry:

so your saying it would be ok to slate peter :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

No (and check your quoting - took me a while to realise what you were getting at).

The point I was making was that certain fans will not accept certain players, no matter how well they play (not a recent thing - Paul Blair and various others put up with just as much sh!t from fans in the past).

These fans will not shout at players that they like - only the ones they have a personal gripe with.

In the same game a player could gift a goal and be forgiven, yet another could be called "a fcuking piece of dog sh!t" for one mis-placed pass. Double standards.

Personal abuse solves nothing.

I don't shout at players individually at games, rather the usual cries of encouragement, personal abuse is out of order, but i made my feelings clear to my pals on Chris's performance (imo he needs a run in the reserves, his confidence has clearly dipped as this season has went on) amongst others, noticable Jason Walker who looked like he had never seen a football before.

I'm afraid when people get wound up, they maybe react in a way that is not in their usual nature, for the most part the Morton away crowd encourage the team 100%.

We had a very bad day at the office, and i'm sure the players feel the same, it will maybe give some of them the kick up the erse they need.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

No (and check your quoting - took me a while to realise what you were getting at).

The point I was making was that certain fans will not accept certain players, no matter how well they play (not a recent thing - Paul Blair and various others put up with just as much sh!t from fans in the past).

These fans will not shout at players that they like - only the ones they have a personal gripe with.

In the same game a player could gift a goal and be forgiven, yet another could be called "a fcuking piece of dog sh!t" for one mis-placed pass. Double standards.

Personal abuse solves nothing.

Couldn't make the game yesterday so can't comment. But you hit the nail on the head AT.

� The Fire Breathing Morton Guy - I'm not Pat!

Yeah, whoever the guy was that shouted to Millar that he hated him behind the goals was a bit of a disgrace. And before anyone says "why not say it at the time to them instead of moaning about it on the internet", the guy sounded highly aggressive and you would have needed your head read to approach someone like that in that state of mind.

Absolutely shameful.

The guy was just standing along from us. It was the whole team he was shouting at and some of it was directed to McInally & Clark. We were terrible yesterday but that kind of abuse is a disgrace.

TEMPLEMAN, TEMPLEMAN, TEMPLEMAN....

Heard the shouts directing to Harding as well. Some people might not think so but I though the "Nazi" shouts at Vareille from the same area were out of order too.

Let me guess right behind the goal these pricks were. I was walking to the end of the ground at full time and I thought maybe at first I was wrong but when I heard it again I couldnt believe it, unfortunatly there were too many people around me to identify who it was

WHEREVER IT TAKES US- WHATEVER IT TAKES

Archived