Gretna Signing - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Gretna Signing

Managing Gretna is like playing champ manager. Alexander will look half decent even though he is a piss poor manager

Baggy Basement, The Last Friday of Every Month ONLY @ Cleats basement.

Next Baggy Basement - Friday 26th January 9pm - 1am!!!!

Inverclyde's ONLY Friday night, Indie Orientated event!

Need a mention on Tannoy? Contact me on gmfctannoy@hotmail.co.uk

Fair enough he`s signing folk but the more you sign, the more chance of unrest in the squad you risk causing. Maybe the injury to Jenkins set him back a bit more than 1st thought.....HHHhhhmmmm how many players can you actually have happy? only first teamers i reckon....a certain body, now acting working for Gretna,not going to say his name, unfair to him, has already hinted at in house unrest amongst players, saying that it was only a matter of time before it all falls apart down there.

Fair enough he`s signing folk but the more you sign, the more chance of unrest in the squad you risk causing. ....a certain body, now acting working for Gretna,not going to say his name, unfair to him, has already hinted at in house unrest amongst players, saying that it was only a matter of time before it all falls apart down there.

Yup, that 'squad unrest' theory is really tearing Chelsea apart.

MARTY OUT!!!!!

Yup, that 'squad unrest' theory is really tearing Chelsea apart.

Well it was the big guy who said it first......I know what your gettin at with the chelsea bit....Gretna aint chelsea by a long ways off, to be honest, If i was signed for a team

and they were as successful as what Gretna are right now, Id still be pissed off that i wasnt getting in on the action...thats me though, cant sit back and let others do it....I prefer to be in amongst it. Then again maybe the guys who are on the bench aren`t as good as they`ve been made out to be(not)

One final thing...when you start to sign more and more players.....dont you think that the other players might take this a little peeved like?

Aren`t we good enough? right fek him....

Anyhoo fek Gretna, there`s only one team we care about...THE TON...

FEK GRETNA, FEK MILESON, FEK EM ALL..........

Gretna have signed Ross County defender Martin Canning today for £60,000…another decent addition to their squad.

That will mean Townsly or collins will not get a look in this makes them stronger.

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

One final thing...when you start to sign more and more players.....dont you think that the other players might take this a little peeved like?

The fact that players are prepared to go to the middle of nowhere, play (or not) in front of few fans in a ground with zero atmosphere suggests that money and not football is the prime motivator. Any one that signs for Gretna already knows the size of their squad.

the unrest will come from the players currently signed up with gretna who were brought to the club expecting 1st team football but find that they can't even make the bench due to the massive squad, rather than the new players that come, surely?

the unrest will come from the players currently signed up with gretna who were brought to the club expecting 1st team football but find that they can't even make the bench due to the massive squad, rather than the new players that come, surely?

They have freed a few, loaned a few and are trying to ship a few more out the door.

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

We've got to be realistic, Gretna are 99% certain to win the division. They have the strongest squad and from what I've seen their best starting 11 is better than ours... just being honest (and with this signing and a fit Jenkins they pull further away).

Their best starting 11 is almost certainly better than anything in the First Division (I think the current Morton team would be top 5 there), so we shouldn't feel bad... just unlucky that this freak of a club is in our league just at a time when we have put together a very decent team by usual 2nd Division standards. It'll be the play-offs for Morton, which will be a total lottery.

On Rowan Alexander, my boyhood hero, he's really let himself down this season with his arrogance. Given the money at his disposal I think just about anyone on this board could have put together a team good enough to win the Second Division.

I know people are saying 'why would anyone want to sign for them when they'll probably hardly get a game? blah de blah etc'

But they just have sh1tloads of cash. It's like saying to someone 'you currently earn £20k, you work with great people enjoy your work and have a good ladder to climb. Would you prefer to earn £60k for having much less responsibility in your job with no chance of promotion etc'

Most folk would say 'aye, give me the money even though I'm moving to a sh1t job, and anyone who didn't probably doesn't need the money.'

Look at David Graham at the moment. He was a sub for a year then we he got his chance he was determined to take it, which he has done.

The players know the situation when they sign. Unless they were guaranteed a start when they signed they have no right to complain.

I reckon David Graham is the only Gretna player outside the usual starting XI who could cause damage to either us, Partick and possibly Stirling & Raith. When they get a few suspensions & injuries they're gonna be well phucked! They did look quite strained at Cappielow this month with a couple of regulars out.

Saying that, they'll probably just buy a few replacement players to stand in :P

SUNSET FESTIVAL
In aid of Ardgowan Hospice
Greenock Police Club
Saturday 2nd July 2011

The above event solely contributed a donation of over £1240 to the Hospice. Great night, great musical performances, and great generosity from all of those who participated. Thank you. It will be back!

Enquiries to sunsetfestival@yahoo.com

I reckon David Graham is the only Gretna player outside the usual starting XI who could cause damage to either us, Partick and possibly Stirling & Raith. When they get a few suspensions & injuries they're gonna be well phucked! They did look quite strained at Cappielow this month with a couple of regulars out.

Saying that, they'll probably just buy a few replacement players to stand in :P

They looked 'strained' at Cappielow only because they were in a game for once. They had something like SIX first team regulars out that day and looked like strolling it until Morton decided to turn up in the second half.

The 'squad unrest' theory is at best mind games and at worst clutching at straws.

MARTY OUT!!!!!

TBH it all seems like whinging by fans of other teams.

Yes Gretna are signing a lot of players, but a lot of the existing players the likes of Main, McQuilken, Townsley, Grady, Tosh, Innes, Bingham, O'neill & Collins are all aged around the 31-38 range and lets face it probably won't be around along with probaly a few others. What they are doing is signing guys like Graham, Jenkins and Canning who are fairly young, around the mid 20's who have a few years left in them and who are experienced, they are buying them for now but for the future as well.

Don't particularly like Gretna or the way they do conduct themselves but you have to admit they put winning teams on the park and thats something fans of other clubs fans can't complain about

I agree. Let's just get on with trying to catch up with them. We have to accept that they are a freakshow and stop greetin about it.

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

;) aweright.....but I dont just believe in going for catch up.......and I also know a lot of you guys either dont believe we can win this league, or have given up on hope, but while we still have everything too play for lets get behind the team every last game on the run in to the playoffs....we need the noise of the shed back......been a bit subdued of recent....C~MON THE TON.......

Archived