TheMortonForum.com

2023/24 End of Season Awards

3 hours ago, shaddypeekey said:

Genuine whoosh question. Who's Harkness? 

RB signed on loan from the Govan girners.

Has never played, apparently got injured during a pre game (v Airdrie in September, I think) warm up and has never been seen since.

Think he went back up the road on January. 

Player of the Year - Close call, but I'd go with Mullen.

Goal of the Season - Sticking with games I was at - Muirhead's 2nd against Ayr.

Best Signing - Lewis Strapp, same reasons as stated elsewhere

Most Significant Goal - George Oakley's late winner at Ayr which came after three winless games (and yes, we got 1 point from the following 12, but it was vital at the time).

Best Game - Muirhead 3-0 Ayr or the Motherwell game.

Worst Game - Morton 1-4 Partick, although the opening 15 minutes of the 1-2 Dunfermline game at Cappielow was horrendous.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

POTY- Wilson for me. Just ahead of Mullen and Strapp. Wilsons contribution during that unbeaten period was outstanding and you see how much we miss him when he is unavailable.

Goal of the season- Two real contenders. Oakley v Dundee United and Muirhead v Ayr (2nd goal), However I think I will go with Oakley's. An absolute beauty. 

Best Signing- Strapp was a crucial signing and was a big reason to our period of success, however Mullen edges it for me. Up until last few games I think he's been outstanding (btw I do not think he's been awful recently just not as consistent as he has been). Think going forward he will be crucial for us too, if he stays fit. 

Worst Signing- Steven Boyd. 2 year deal and on paper a signing that did not make sense. Tyler French has been poor, however I completely understand why we were in for him and was quite happy when he did sign.

Most significant goal- Oakley away to Arbroath. Stopped the rot of league defeats in what really was a must win game even at that early point of the season. 

Best Game- If cup games count. Motherwell at Cappielow. A glorious evening. In terms of league, 2-3 at Tannadice. 

Worst Game- Probably the toughest question of them all. Partick 4-1 loss at Cappielow was rough to take. However, the Dunfermline Friday night defeat was toxic. I would probably go with that. 

Archived