Dunfermline Today. - Page 11 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Dunfermline Today.

Madton

Goal cam is using a gopro like device (Sony Action Cam) that I bought specifically for this purpose. It's capable of better quality (4K), but editing of that would be laborious compared to the relative ease that the 1080p codec allows. If I ever get around to upgrading my 6 year old laptop that might be a possibility.

I've heard different stories over time in relation to potential upgrades to camera equipment for the proper match highlights, but i'm not close enough to give an opinion or vouch for any facts. I hope that criticism of the quality does not reflect on the considerable effort that the video team put in providing the highlights with the equipment they have. That would be a shame and not a fair reflection on them.

I've said in the past that I would happily sell pictures/posters or whatever of my work in support of improving the equipment being used to bring media to fans. It would be naive to think that would solve the problem but at least the offer is there.

Do you care enough about the quality to put your hand in your pocket in support of improving it?

Thanks for the clarity. I care enough, yes, but the club should really be putting their hands in their pockets. If somethings worth doing, it's probably worth doing right.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you care enough about the quality to put your hand in your pocket in support of improving it?

Has the club asked for this? Do other clubs of our size do this? Have they made a good-faith, non-Hawke attempt to gain mutually beneficial sponsorship for this arrangement? Will this apply to other club expenditures - a color program me, ground maintenance, player wages? Do we all get in for free now? Is this a charity, a social club, or a limited company with a chairman, directors, and a not-insignificant turnover? Did we not (and full credit to the club for achieving this) not enjoy two superb cup runs last year and the prize money appertaining?

Long story short, no, I won't be paying a privately-held company to upgrade their camera from a potato, particularly since they didn't ask; and nor would I buy from a third party unless that money was for the third party. It shouldn't your responsibility to subsidize a professional football club, particularly off your own initiative, and it speaks only to how poorly Morton have handled this that this is the position you find yourself in. Fair play to you for giving up your time and resource but personally speaking I wouldn't want to buy anything going to the club if it's not from the club, because it'll just encourage their laziness further.

EOho8Pw.png

Canvas prints a possibility? Would definitely be up for purchasing a couple of good goal celebration shots for the house. 

The problem with canvas prints is that they are expensive. Adding on an amount of money which would then be put towards the chosen purpose (such as a new video camera)  makes this prohibitive. But definitely possible.

Tontastic : Web Site | Facebook | Twitter

Archived