The Latest Historical Sex Abuse Cases Rocking Football - Page 5 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Latest Historical Sex Abuse Cases Rocking Football

Bawheid

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's for the various authorities and govern bodies that have to take action if and when required. You or I can't solve these things, but we can go a long way to preventing it never happens again in the future and been brushed under carpets and rugs.

eat drink and be merry for tommorrow you may be radioiactive

I think if you read back I did , perhaps not the answer your looking for. Here's a question for you , take Celtic out of the equation if it comes out any team including our own were in anyway found guilty of knowing activities were going on and harbouring anyone involved, what are your thought on this and should the clubs involved be punished. Remember this is a hypothetical question as of yet no team has been taken to task yet. 6 clubs to date over the border have been drawn into the ongoing investigation , no doubt this will be the tip off the iceberg .

I think if you read back I did , perhaps not the answer your looking for. Here's a question for you , take Celtic out of the equation if it comes out any team including our own were in anyway found guilty of knowing activities were going on and harbouring anyone involved, what are your thought on this and should the clubs involved be punished. Remember this is a hypothetical question as of yet no team has been taken to task yet. 6 clubs to date over the border have been drawn into the ongoing investigation , no doubt this will be the tip off the iceberg .

I've read back, and I guess you're referring to the part where you don't believe abuse took place at Morton and the person who was responsible for crimes was dealt with appropriately? If that's what you're referring to, then fair play. As Toby says you were closer to this than most and if you say that's the case I'll accept it. If this is what you're referring to I apologize for saying you were hiding information. If not, it still stands.

As for the rest, I'd hope that if anyone, or any institution, was complicit in abuse (e.g. by covering it up or failing to respond to allegations seriously) they should be dealt with by the law. I don't know what the law is in the UK around institutions and individuals. Here in the US we had the Penn State case. The abuser (not even going to type the sicko's name) was locked up and won't ever get out, several others were charged with perjury, and (here's where there are parallels to clubs) Penn State was fined massively by the Department of Education. I believe there's another federal investigation underway as well. In parallel to this, the NCAA (rough equivalent to the Football Association in this case) has also fined the institution and suspended individuals, among other sanctions. I believe that all of this is appropriate, but I don't know the laws in England (or Scotland) to say if this will happen in the football cases.

EOho8Pw.png

Like yourself I won't use these sick fukz names of high profile cases one in particular is the monster who carried out the Dunblane atocities . I was never "close" to Norris in a working or friendly manner, it was the fact I was onto him and his activities , if it's of any interest the fact he was snared by the FBI sting was maybe a blessing in disguise preventing any long term harm or damage to any potential victims or the club. Credit cards can be a marvellous thing,

Sadly (in this country) organisations tend to get away from being held to account in any meaningful sense unlike in the states. Penn State is an appalling example of an organisation deliberately covering up long standing and well known abuse and the punishment of a $60m fine and forfiture of records, loss of bowl eligibility for years etc was well deserved.

I'm doubtful that anything comperable would happen here where the 'bad apple' defence is so prevelent.

Sadly (in this country) organisations tend to get away from being held to account in any meaningful sense unlike in the states. Penn State is an appalling example of an organisation deliberately covering up long standing and well known abuse and the punishment of a $60m fine and forfiture of records, loss of bowl eligibility for years etc was well deserved.

I'm doubtful that anything comperable would happen here where the 'bad apple' defence is so prevelent.

The interesting - and positive - thing is that they are hammered by both the NCAA (private) and federal government (public).

The 'bad apple' thing also happens here to some extent, but less so than elsewhere.

EOho8Pw.png

I think as taun taun says is spot on, I blame this solely on the fact that perhaps too many groups organisations etc are run by leaders/coaches that have become to familiar and complacency sets in all around. By this I mean lax in following rules and guidelines more often than not.

Surprised Bawheid hasn't been on already, expressing the same indignation on the breaking news on his beloved Rangers, in the same way he gleefully did with the other big team in Glasgow.

Or maybe he just didn't see the article ........ or maybe something completely different.

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

Rangers have confirmed a former youth coach was sacked following an allegation of inappropriate behaviour towards a teenage player.

Gordon Neely was a youth coach at Ibrox in the 1980s when police were contacted over the claims made by the player, and the club said he was "dismissed immediately".

Hibernian have said they would "co-operate with any investigation" after further claims emerged in the Scottish Sun newspaper regarding Neely allegedly abusing young players at a training camp before he joined Rangers.

This isn't the first of the abusers who has escaped prosecution by dying. I hope their deaths were slow, excruciatingly painful and stripped them of all human dignity.

HHkTu1F.jpg

Ffs this ain't a newspaper it's a superhero cartoon strip , it's a forum with fictional characters who spout s***e , you's are constantly stating that. Some more than others I guess.

Was it Charles Clark, or Bawheid the 'fictional character' who posted on Facebook in a shrieking mess when we called out your agenda regarding posting about the Rangers bus crash?

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

Deano fae the beano, what drivel you talk, I don't hide or shirk from my posts be it as Myself Charles Clark or Bawheid. The fatal  bus crash again was again public knowledge on main stream news  feeds. And in reply to TID I will await the final judging off all other cases be it the latest Rangers/Hibs/SFA stories. If I'm not mistaken it wasn't  farrys watch at the time as he was secretary I'm lead to believe. Been a tad busy to investigate the latest stories but will perhaps be in a position over the week-end to offer my views and opinions. I could have made rash comments earlier if only to reactivate the topic,but I think the sensitivity of the scandal I would refrain from making it look like I was attention seeking as many of you appear to think. Please don't bait your hooks as I wont comment on this thread till I think its for an appropriate contribution. Hope you are all well.

Charles

Deano fae the beano, what drivel you talk, I don't hide or shirk from my posts be it as Myself Charles Clark or Bawheid. The fatal  bus crash again was again public knowledge on main stream news  feeds. And in reply to TID I will await the final judging off all other cases be it the latest Rangers/Hibs/SFA stories. If I'm not mistaken it wasn't  farrys watch at the time as he was secretary I'm lead to believe. Been a tad busy to investigate the latest stories but will perhaps be in a position over the week-end to offer my views and opinions. I could have made rash comments earlier if only to reactivate the topic,but I think the sensitivity of the scandal I would refrain from making it look like I was attention seeking as many of you appear to think. Please don't bait your hooks as I wont comment on this thread till I think its for an appropriate contribution. Hope you are all well.

Charles

You mean like this appropriate contribution that started it all off ;

"So now that Ceptic boys club have been mention by various outlets of the media on their historic child abuse history, whats fellow posters views on this. Me personally hope no stone gets left unturned and in the event any further incidents come out that the perpetrators are punish accordingly. Scum cowards each and every one of them."

Sorry - you are reeking of hypocrisy.

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

Archived