Renfrewshire Derby - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Renfrewshire Derby

TheGoon

There's a bit of a debate going on over at P&B about derbies in the league next year, there's set to be a few more than usual. A Killie fan has stated the Ayrshire derby is the biggest/best of "the rest" as they got 25,000 at a League Cup semi.

Totally hypothetical of course as we're both mince, but how many could Morton/St Mirren realistically get at at Hampden or more likely Easter Road/Tynecastle?

Could we sell either of those out, and half fill Hampden?

(I do shudder to think about just how the club would attempt to shift that big a volume of tickets...)

Sorry to sway the topic already, but what happened to the RC final this season? They were going to have the development teams play, weren't they? Did the game ever get played?

Same week as the Getafe friendly.

For a national cup semi against St Mirren I reckon we'd shift at least 20k. 25 is a possibility.

I think we'd get that kind of crowd between us at best. It would be around 10,000 Morton with around 15,000 St.Mirren, who are a bigger club than us.

*insert signature here*

Archived