14 Team Top Flight Being Mooted For Next Season - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

14 Team Top Flight Being Mooted For Next Season

AyrshireTon

In fairness, to say you were literally the only person to have raised an eyebrow at Gretna's rise through the leagues is pretty damning stuff. You could only possibly believe that to be true if you'd never spoken to even half a dozen other fans of Scottish football.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fairness, to say you were literally the only person to have raised an eyebrow at Gretna's rise through the leagues is pretty damning stuff. You could only possibly believe that to be true if you'd never spoken to even half a dozen other fans of Scottish football.

Aye maybe but no one on this thread seems to want to do much stop something similar happening again. Prevention is better than points deductions ten years later.

Meanwhile the team with the second-highest income in Scottish football was also liquidated due to failing to exit administration. It's true that the "rich man's plaything" model is far more likely to end in tears than any other but it's far from a sure thing.

EOho8Pw.png

I don't think that's a fair definition of franchise. When I think of franchise in football I think of Major League Soccer or the A-League in Australia, or to a much lesser extent the J-League in Japan, where the league retains a very large degree of control over what teams  exist, where they are based, how much they can pay etc. Qatar 2022 is just an abomination, a horiffic display of where bribery and amoral rapacity takes us.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived