World Cup 2014 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

World Cup 2014

Brazil will be very hard to beat if they can hit the ground running.

Sneaky feeling that Uruguay will do well.

Of the Europeans, Germany should be thereabouts and Belgium might surprise a few.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

My personal tip is Colombia who I think have a very good squad but I believe that Brazil are most peoples favourites however with no recognized strikers I don't think they will be able to win it.

"I'm a swine, you don't wanna know me"

My personal tip is Colombia who I think have a very good squad but I believe that Brazil are most peoples favourites however with no recognized strikers I don't think they will be able to win it.

Yea, I doubt Neymar, Hulk or Fred would even get a game for Morton. Dreadful forwards.  ;)

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

hahahaha aye I hear what your saying but they play a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 so they need a central striker which will be Fred or Jo which compared to Colombia (who have Falcao, Jackson Martinez, Carlos Bacca, Luis Muriel and Adrian Ramos) is very poor.

"I'm a swine, you don't wanna know me"

Brazil has an unbelievable back 4 choice a choice of Dante, Silva and Luiz for centre back. Crazy to think of Brazil having potentially the best back 4 in the tournament. 

That German squad though is sensational and Muller for top scorer could be a good shout.

We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Argentina should have a very manageable draw compared to some other of the fancied teams; if it works out for them they might have a steady progression of difficulty up to the semi-final. Certainly in terms of the draw I think they have an excellent chance. It's not easy to tell who will really get going in a world cup, but if Brazil get some momemtum going it's tough to see past them as favourites. Brazil v Argentina a distinct possibility.

Spain v Holland on the 2nd day is such a massive match. The winner stands a great chance of avoiding Brazil, the loser runs the risk of losing out all together to a very handy Chile side.

Argentina are a decent team, all depends on how messi plays.

What he said ^^. A slightly suspect defence to boot.

It will be interesting to see which of the top players come in to the tournament fresh enough after a long season in Europe to make an impact. Everyone expects Ronaldo or Suarez to shine but after the number of games they've played for their respective clubs I'm not so sure. Back in the 2002 World Cup Brazil's Ronaldo had been out for most of the season and scored a lot of goals in the second half of the season. I stuck some money on him for the golden boot and it came up trumps. Fresh legs is the key.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

Archived