Morton V Raith - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton V Raith

lazy_ar*e_student

After a few weeks of a break from Cappielow, we welcome Raith on Saturday.

Raith looks to have had a decent start to the season but have lost their last 2 away fixtures (Partick and Dunfermline). Could be a tough game for us, but perhaps the sort of game we need to play to our strengths.

Any thoughts?

On paper and with home advantage we should take all three points. We're only beginning to settle as a squad and still not up to strength but we've been getting a few goals recently.

Tight game with the Ton winning 1 - 0.

Taking my grandson to the game, his first and he is only 1, well you have to try anything for luck at cappielow these days. That said 3-1 ton.

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

if Partick beat Cowdenbeath and we beat Raith, we move up to 3rd in the League

I'm half expecting Cowden to beat Partick tomorrow. If we had a 100% record and we were playing Cowden tomorrow, we'd lose.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Taking my grandson to the game, his first and he is only 1, well you have to try anything for luck at cappielow these days. That said 3-1 ton.

also taking my nephew to his first game tomorrow who is 4, he thinks hes going on the pitch to play for morton

MON EH TON!

The confidence is back within the team after back to back win but we can't get carried away, our two wins came against sides who we should be beating. This game is much more of a test - probably our toughest of the season. Our two wins have came from playing a 4-4-2 formation with Weatherson and Campbell playing up top. I fully expect that to be the same come Saturday.

Tidser will be the key player if we are to be successful. His link up play with the front men and his surges forward will cause Raith's midfield and back line problems.

Looking at the 4 fixtures we had at the start of September, I wanted 10 points minimum with this game being the one we could drop points in. I think we'll win this one though and if we do, it'll be the first time Allan Moore has won 3 consecutive league games as manager of Morton.

3-1 to the famous Greenock Morton!

Archived