Rangers - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Rangers

Flyerton

Ally McCoist has said as many as 11 players could go. An alternative option of a 75% wage cut across the board with no redundancies was discussed last week.

It's generally thought that today is the day for the player job cuts. Who do you think will go and how many do you think will get taken on by new clubs more or less straight away?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ally McCoist has said as many as 11 players could go. An alternative option of a 75% wage cut across the board with no redundancies was discussed last week.

It's generally thought that today is the day for the player job cuts. Who do you think will go and how many do you think will get taken on by new clubs more or less straight away?

I do not give a flying feck, none will be signing for us.

HHkTu1F.jpg

Very surprised if Broadfoot & Alexander manage to survive the Cull.

Alexander is backup keeper which given the current plight is not something they can really afford to have.

They have Grant Hutton who will be on significantly less money than Alexander.

Broadfoot is just s***e.

user posted image

Apparently Wylde has been released. Decent player he will find another club sooner or later.

You'd think that Wylde would have been one of the players they would have kept. He's just out of the under 19s, and is probably on a fairly small wage.

Surely Davis and McGregor will go? Both on over £25k per week apparently.

You'd think that Wylde would have been one of the players they would have kept. He's just out of the under 19s, and is probably on a fairly small wage.

said on bbc scotland yesterday he was one of the players in the middle wage bracket so probably on £5000-£10000

Surely David and McGregor will go? Both on over £25k per week apparently.

I think they'll stay as along with Edu and maybe Whittaker, they're the only ones they can get a transfer fee for. Paying £25K a week until the transfer window opens on July 1st comes to £425K each, even taking account the fact their values will be down due to Rangers' financial state they should still get more than that for Davis and McGregor. Whittaker's apparently on wage around that level too though, and it's touch and go whether someone'd pay half a million for him. Got no idea what kind of wage Edu's on, but Sochaux bid about £2 million in January IIRC so again they shouldn't have any problem recouping the amount they spend on his wages until the end of the season and more.

Of course, this is dependent on them being able to cut £1M from the wage bill while keeping these guys, but you'd imagine they can. Could easily end up being just those four and a load of youth players for the rest of the season though; Rangers to go the end of the season without winning? :lol:

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I think they'll stay as along with Edu and maybe Whittaker, they're the only ones they can get a transfer fee for. Paying £25K a week until the transfer window opens on July 1st comes to £425K each, even taking account the fact their values will be down due to Rangers' financial state they should still get more than that for Davis and McGregor. Whittaker's apparently on wage around that level too though, and it's touch and go whether someone'd pay half a million for him. Got no idea what kind of wage Edu's on, but Sochaux bid about £2 million in January IIRC so again they shouldn't have any problem recouping the amount they spend on his wages until the end of the season and more.

Of course, this is dependent on them being able to cut £1M from the wage bill while keeping these guys, but you'd imagine they can. Could easily end up being just those four and a load of youth players for the rest of the season though; Rangers to go the end of the season without winning? :lol:

They need to cut £1million PER MONTH! Insane levels of overspending, and surely the only way to do that is to ditch the highest earners?

They need to cut £1million PER MONTH! Insane levels of overspending, and surely the only way to do that is to ditch the highest earners?

Aye, it may still be possible without chucking the highest earners. Aside from knowing that Davis, McGregor and Whittaker are on £25K a week and Broadfoot is on £7K a week, I don't have a clue what any of them are on, but trimming £1M million a month and keeping the highest earners might not be impossible when you consider how many players Rangers have including the youth players who have professional contracts.

That said, if it is only going be eleven players made redundant as the media have suggested in the last few days, the highest earners must be included.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Apparently the lad offered a voluntarily redundancy to the administrators, which they accepted. His reasoning was freeing up his wages would keep other members of staff with families employed. Admirable I suppose, but he'll have no problem finding another club at SPL or Championship level in the near future.

No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind.

Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Apparently the lad offered a voluntarily redundancy to the administrators, which they accepted. His reasoning was freeing up his wages would keep other members of staff with families employed. Admirable I suppose, but he'll have no problem finding another club at SPL or Championship level in the near future.

Yep was reading that. Good gesture from the lad, and he agreed to leave without any form of compensation package, which I suppose is easier to do when you're a young lad with no family commitments. He'll get a decent club you'd think, looked a good prospect from what I saw of him.

According to people at my work this board seems to be more up to date about Rangers than "Follow Follow" :rolleyes:

"Page three girls get you excited,

You support Rangers and Man United,

All you do is take up space,

With a stupid look, on your stupid face."

It begins. Pleasing. Popcorn at the ready.

^_^ Capture.JPG

"More and more people, no matter their political persuasion, are now seeing this for what it is; not a YES vote for SNP led nationalism but simply a YES vote for self-determination and the best way forward for a nation, increasingly ignored and disadvantaged by a London biased Government "

http://nationalcollective.com/

Archived