Supporters Uniting - Page 42 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Supporters Uniting

I couldn't make this one. No minutes out as yet.

Here's the note I sent Mark earlier tonight.....................FT

Mark, I will do brief minutes as it was a very brief mtg, however, fyi only 7 people turned up and there were differences of opinion about way ahead. All that I think was agreed was that the Supporters club would continue to work together on buses etc and that the group would raise questions which Giz agreed to ask at the AGM on behalf of the group, if we can somehow agree which Qs to have raised. ....................Jim

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are the minutes of 16th Jan Mtg.........................FT

Minutes of meeting between GMST, Supporters clubs and others held on 16th January 2012 in Morton Supporters Club.

Attendees: David Clark (Lighthouse MSC), Kenni Lee and John Gisbey (MSC), Jim MacVicar (AHMS), Nick Robinson, and Jim McColl (GMST), Chris McEleny

Apologies: Chris McCorkindale and Ryan Deegan (GMST), Ronnie Millar (Lighthouse MSC), Alan Mather (SHMS), Mark Touzeau and Chris Davidson.

The issue of what these meetings were for was discussed. There seemed to be 2 different possible types of meeting.

One type for supporters clubs to work together on issues specific to them as travel clubs and the other for all supporters groups and individuals to work together on issues relevant to all supporters more or less as the last meeting had done.

The supporters club reps generally felt that the communications between the clubs on things like bus sharing etc were much improved and provided this continued there was no great need for more meetings between them.

There was discussion on the idea of putting together a group to represent the fans and to try to influence the club.

On one side some felt that the last meeting was in danger of becoming a witch hunt against Douglas Rae and that they were fans of DDF, while others felt the way he was now running the club required questioning and if appropriate criticism.

The view was expressed that there was little point in asking Mr Rae about his plans as he wouldn’t tell us anyway while others felt that we as fans had to put the questions on the table.

Some expressed concern about the rising debt of the club and its potential impact in the future while others were confident that when Douglas Rae or Golden Casket leave they will leave the club debt free.

Some felt that any questions the group might ask were likely to be the same as those asked at the AGM by Trust reps or other individuals.

In conclusion J Gisbey agreed to ask questions on behalf of group at the AGM, with focus on future and succession planning.

Following Chris McCorkindale’s offer to be unofficial secretary it was agreed that he should be asked to convene the next meeting at a time when he can attend.

Jim McColl

Jan 2012

Here are the minutes of 16th Jan Mtg.........................FT

Minutes of meeting between GMST, Supporters clubs and others held on 16th January 2012 in Morton Supporters Club.

Attendees: David Clark (Lighthouse MSC), Kenni Lee and John Gisbey (MSC), Jim MacVicar (AHMS), Nick Robinson, and Jim McColl (GMST), Chris McEleny

Apologies: Chris McCorkindale and Ryan Deegan (GMST), Ronnie Millar (Lighthouse MSC), Alan Mather (SHMS), Mark Touzeau and Chris Davidson.

The issue of what these meetings were for was discussed. There seemed to be 2 different possible types of meeting.

One type for supporters clubs to work together on issues specific to them as travel clubs and the other for all supporters groups and individuals to work together on issues relevant to all supporters more or less as the last meeting had done.

The supporters club reps generally felt that the communications between the clubs on things like bus sharing etc were much improved and provided this continued there was no great need for more meetings between them.

There was discussion on the idea of putting together a group to represent the fans and to try to influence the club.

On one side some felt that the last meeting was in danger of becoming a witch hunt against Douglas Rae and that they were fans of DDF, while others felt the way he was now running the club required questioning and if appropriate criticism.

The view was expressed that there was little point in asking Mr Rae about his plans as he wouldn’t tell us anyway while others felt that we as fans had to put the questions on the table.

Some expressed concern about the rising debt of the club and its potential impact in the future while others were confident that when Douglas Rae or Golden Casket leave they will leave the club debt free.

Some felt that any questions the group might ask were likely to be the same as those asked at the AGM by Trust reps or other individuals.

In conclusion J Gisbey agreed to ask questions on behalf of group at the AGM, with focus on future and succession planning.

Following Chris McCorkindale’s offer to be unofficial secretary it was agreed that he should be asked to convene the next meeting at a time when he can attend.

Jim McColl

Jan 2012

Thanks Jim - much appreciated.

If things don't change, they'll stay the way they are.

• 1 month later...

Ahhh, is the jigsaw is coming together.

I wondered at the meeting why some from the trust were so indignant that the MAJORITY in attendance wanted a new name for this group and for it NOT to be associated to the trust.

There as also a muted attitude when it was also pointed out that it would be preferred that the trust did not take any outcomes to DDF...well those in attendance who are not members of the trust where duped as that is exactly what went on, no wonder you lot wanted to separate the supporters clubs meeting away from this group with members of the trust involved.

Sorry for not seeing what you were all getting at during and after the meeting.

The trust members, well 2 really, have stolen a march on us all by morphing the trust into exactly that, a sort of supporters uniting changing complete direction from the constitution when formed. (they even tried to say that it was already an idea of theirs until it was pointed out that it was on this board before any of them came together)

The agenda was most definitely driven as it was repeated over and over that the trust had the mechanism to take this forward and this was DESPITE being told by the majority, on more than one occasion, that the group that had met did not want the trust doing so, even to the point of declining the gamble halls as it would be the trust who would pay for it. And this lot think they have a decent reputation.

Watch what you say, DDF's lackey is listening and will report back.

It is also interesting that someone from the club now does a previously paid role for free, is this the beginning? Is there a deal that the trust try and carry out various work or jobs for the club for free to save costs? (very commendable if true) BUT if my pie in the sky idea has any substance whats the deal? The savings going to the youth system? or to bring down the debt? :ph34r:

One thing is becoming very clear and that's some are as thick as thieves and the old yin must be laughing his socks off.

Whens the next meeting with DDF eh, the group.

Oh, and before you pipe up, aye you, you know who you are, my own head formed this and i have e-mailed Ernie so if this appears on his blog its not because he thought of it, its because i suggested it.

Definitely worth a watching...there are some occupations on this earth that most people dislike with a passion.

Interesting times ahead indeed.

ohh, before i forget this little cracker.

"Some felt that any questions the group might ask were likely to be the same as those asked at the AGM by Trust rep"

Yip, correct, same Trust that asked NO questions at the AGM...stitched right up. ;)

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

I wondered at the meeting why some from the trust were so indignant that the MAJORITY in attendance wanted a new name for this group and for it NOT to be associated to the trust.

There as also a muted attitude when it was also pointed out that it would be preferred that the trust did not take any outcomes to DDF...well those in attendance who are not members of the trust where duped as that is exactly what went on, no wonder you lot wanted to separate the supporters clubs meeting away from this group with members of the trust involved.

The trust members, well 2 really, have stolen a march on us all by morphing the trust into exactly that, a sort of supporters uniting changing complete direction from the constitution when formed. (they even tried to say that it was already an idea of theirs until it was pointed out that it was on this board before any of them came together)

The agenda was most definitely driven as it was repeated over and over that the trust had the mechanism to take this forward and this was DESPITE being told by the majority, on more than one occasion, that the group that had met did not want the trust doing so, even to the point of declining the gamble halls as it would be the trust who would pay for it. And this lot think they have a decent reputation.

It is also interesting that someone from the club now does a previously paid role for free, is this the beginning? Is there a deal that the trust try and carry out various work or jobs for the club for free to save costs? (very commendable if true) BUT if my pie in the sky idea has any substance whats the deal? The savings going to the youth system? or to bring down the debt? :ph34r:

One thing is becoming very clear and that's some are as thick as thieves and the old yin must be laughing his socks off.

Oh, and before you pipe up, aye you, you know who you are, my own head formed this and i have e-mailed Ernie so if this appears on his blog its not because he thought of it, its because i suggested it.

Definitely worth a watching...there are some occupations on this earth that most people dislike with a passion.

"Some felt that any questions the group might ask were likely to be the same as those asked at the AGM by Trust rep"

Yip, correct, same Trust that asked NO questions at the AGM...stitched right up. ;)

Yes as Ernie would say "one of my "useful idiots" just emailed me".

The boring forum indeed.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Yes as Ernie would say "one of my "useful idiots" just emailed me".

The boring forum indeed.

The first fish has answered!!! I wonder if heshe will answer again after re logging in. ;)

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

CisAda.jpg

Hi Crappa..

Do you keep puggsy in a drawer?? The recent post are very defeatist. ;)

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

RM - I'm a bit confused by your long post one page back. You say that the Trust "duped" those at the meeting by going behind their back and reporting matters to DDF. I can assure you that simply is not true. In fact, as far as I know, no-one from the Trust has even spoken to DDF sine those meetings took place (maybe barring the odd crossing of paths between Nick and DDF at hospitality). Maybe you won't want to name them, and that's fair enough, but I'm interested in who told you that, simply because it isn't even close to the truth.

I also don't accept that the Trust are trying to become a "supporters uniting" group. We want to contribute to such a group, and see value in such a group, but our main business in the short term is supporting the youth academy. Now, it's true that I offered to act as an unofficial secretary for that group - but only to organise meetings and gather an agenda - nothing more substantive than that.

Mrs T, you've actually gone up in my estimations in recent times. As much as i've been critical of the old Toothrotter over the years, he may be old and he wont last for ever, he is far sharper than some of these sycophantic duck eggs which he has running around trying to get a blazer & Jim McColls old seat on the team bus.

Did you notice how DDFR and how he was running the club was suddenly thrust to the top of the agenda when they were wanting to "unite" the fans? It was a futile attempt to take the spotlight away from their own failings and their own sorry mess, which still hasnt been cleared up.

*insert signature here*

One thing is becoming very clear

The only thing clear from that post - on the Trust's duplicity, and on this idea that the Trust have some kind of cost cutting "deal" - is that you either jump to the wrong conclusion, or are get wrong information from elsewhere - neither of those things are even remotely true.

The funny thing is, you could have just asked one of us if we'd met with the club to feed back the SC meeting info. Had you done so you'd have been told in no uncertain terms that that has not happened, and would not happen. But you didn't - instead you post something on here that is absolutely, 100%, uncategorically wrong.

Couldn't help noticing this. The 2:40 at Cheltenham today, amongst the runners & riders:

Rubi Lite..........10-1 (horse no. 12, jockey: A E Lynch)

Captain Chris....11-1 (horse no. 2, jockey: R Johnson)

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/be...Cheltenham.html

Rubi Lite colours feature burgundy hoops on a light blue background:

Irish_Sport_6-1_jpg_659171t.jpg

Captain Chris' colours feature a deep purple shirt with a light blue hoop:

Captain-Chris-tipped-as-favourite-for-th

The only thing clear from that post - on the Trust's duplicity, and on this idea that the Trust have some kind of cost cutting "deal" - is that you either jump to the wrong conclusion, or are get wrong information from elsewhere - neither of those things are even remotely true.

The funny thing is, you could have just asked one of us if we'd met with the club to feed back the SC meeting info. Had you done so you'd have been told in no uncertain terms that that has not happened, and would not happen. But you didn't - instead you post something on here that is absolutely, 100%, uncategorically wrong.

The 'information' was formed in my own mind, some of us do have one Chris. ;)

As for the bold bit, I truly believe you believe that but then again you are probably being lied to also. :(

I think you will also find there are 'facts' among my post which makes it impossible to be 100% uncategorically wrong anyway. So you are in fact wrong to state that.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Chris, I think you will find there is far more fact than fiction...the rest is my conclusions only. ;)

I wondered at the meeting why some from the trust were so indignant that the MAJORITY in attendance wanted a new name for this group and for it NOT to be associated to the trust. FACT

There as also a muted attitude when it was also pointed out that it would be preferred that the trust did not take any outcomes to DDF.. FACT. well those in attendance who are not members of the trust where duped as that is exactly what went on, no wonder you lot wanted to separate the supporters clubs meeting away from this group with members of the trust involved.

The trust members, well 2 really, have stolen a march on us all by morphing the trust into exactly that, a sort of supporters uniting changing complete direction from the constitution when formed. FACT (they even tried to say that it was already an idea of theirs until it was pointed out that it was on this board before any of them came together FACT)

The agenda was most definitely driven as it was repeated over and over that the trust had the mechanism to take this forward and this was DESPITE being told by the majority, on more than one occasion, that the group that had met did not want the trust doing so FACT, even to the point of declining the gamble halls as it would be the trust who would pay for it. FACT

And this lot think they have a decent reputation. FACT

It is also interesting that someone from the club now does a previously paid role for free FACT

is this the beginning? Is there a deal that the trust try and carry out various work or jobs for the club for free to save costs? (very commendable if true) BUT if my pie in the sky idea has any substance whats the deal? The savings going to the youth system? or to bring down the debt? :ph34r:

Oh, and before you pipe up, aye you, you know who you are, my own head formed this and i have e-mailed Ernie so if this appears on his blog its not because he thought of it, its because i suggested it. FACT

Definitely worth a watching...there are some occupations on this earth that most people dislike with a passion. FACT

Yip, correct, same Trust that asked NO questions at the AGM FACT ...stitched right up. ;)

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

This is fantastic !!!!

Let me summarise

"EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME, EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME PLEASE.

AND I'VE TOLD MY MATE ERNIE AND HE'S GOING TO WRITE ON HIS BLOG ABOUT YOU"

Oh, the indignity. As Tommy himself said "I sighed and inly burned with grief, that one so high could fall so low".

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

Couldn't help noticing this. The 2:40 at Cheltenham today, amongst the runners & riders:

Rubi Lite..........10-1 (horse no. 12, jockey: A E Lynch)

Captain Chris....11-1 (horse no. 2, jockey: R Johnson)

Rubi Lite, despite leading most of the race tailed off to 5th place. Captain Chris finished 4th.

This is fantastic !!!!

Let me summarise

"EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME, EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME PLEASE.

AND I'VE TOLD MY MATE ERNIE AND HE'S GOING TO WRITE ON HIS BLOG ABOUT YOU"

Oh, the indignity. As Tommy himself said "I sighed and inly burned with grief, that one so high could fall so low".

Absolutely outstanding. take a bow for being the biggest hypocrite of them all!!!!!!! ;)

Not that anyone has any interest in what some fandan who doesn't even follow Morton has to say. :)

Run along small man, even burds slap your head around. ;)

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Life mirroring message boards

yeees, a wee spat with my favourite non ton fan....bring it on...seems even though i haven't directed anything at yourself (well, maybe I have annoyed another 'guise') but have most definitely not just hit but severed that raw nerve.

Oh the joy, the leprechaun has let someone under his skin...again. laugh.gif

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Archived