Tgfitw - Page 4 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Tgfitw

Bigotry = celtic fans, if you want to argue against that batter on. A protest against the poppy appeal, grow up idiot, would you be so against it if it was for breast cancer ? Some real clowns about these days.

this protest is motivated by celtic fans eager to show they still support a defunct terrorist group, its somethign that never changes, any portonians ask your local landlord what the fare is like on a sunday afternoon normally (pish being the answer) but today the ancient order of hibernians provided a rebel band and it was packed to therafters, as for general protests, im not so sure, i dont have any issue with people wearing white poppies for instance, and i do in some way agree with jon snow, ie its worn far too early, and basically if you dont wear one you cant appear on the bbc, that seems like exactly the sort of political correctness many on here rile against,

il wear one on remembrance sunday, and respect any minutes silence/appluase at cappielow, as i do for any cause

We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let me make no mistake about it, if you ever refer to any members of my family as scum again, I will find out who you are and kick seven shades of sh1t out of you. No joke. No false threats.

Dougie, just make sure you don't take the Green Brigade with you.

Last time that mob decended on Greenock they got seven shades of s*** kicked out of them. :)

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

To back terrorism? News flash, peace process. Sinn Fein in power? Nope, no bells ringing?

May I also point out to your uneducated brain. I deduced this through your spelling of catholic. I may be wrong, maybe you just dont like spelling it properly because you are a tool, that many of James Connolly's comerade's were, wait for it, protestants!! Im sure you knew this because I am sure that you were taught in school that republicanism in Ireland is not restricted to religion.

Eh not quite. My point is that these 'cafflics' or 'proddys' are actually none of the sort. A proper catholic or protestant or whatever other branch of the Christian faith would not this it to further some daft agenda to back a football team that has a hate filled history. That's Rangers AND Celtic in case you can't work that out.

Your post actually says a lot more about you and an 'uneducated (and bigoted) brain' than it does about me.

Edit to add: These just prove my points-

One

The other

Note the amount of British/ Irish references from what is supposed to be two Scottish clubs. Although its not specifically about religion in these examples (whichby the way took me one quick google search to find) both clubs and their fans use things like this as a way to show support for terrorist organisations.

I'm not sure where I stand on this. There are currently 142 seemingly credible instances of grave and systematic abuses of human rights by British forces against Iraqi civilians being pursued against the British government. That's actions by soldiers on the ground, and not by the politicians who sent them there. Similar reports come from Afghanistan, and similar came from Ireland. The conduct of British soldiers is a legitimate point to protest, particularly as John Reid is currently the Celtic chairman. That said, the poppy represents a broader spectrum than that, so maybe it's not the best symbol against which to protest (I could be persuaded differently however).

Given Celtic's roots, I don't think they should be ashamed of their Irish heritage, and I suspect a significant number has either experienced the troubles, or is well educated in them. Similarly, I'm sure a significant number are neither. It's not surprising though that they should attract a base sympathetic to the cause of the IRA. Nor is it surprising, given their own intolerant origins, that Rangers should attract the skin head neo-fascist element.

Dougie .. Be sure and let us all know when you are back in the country and will be throwing Big Doc a beating , If you need Direction to get down from Parkhead let us know and we can tap you a SatNav , I wouldnt want to miss this , and you better do it young man .. you have said you are doing it .. unless your a wee shi@e bag of course ...

Brilliant I'm so offended I'm going to batter you .. next time it's convenient , hard men these days just dont have the same desire as they use to!!

Dougie .. Be sure and let us all know when you are back in the country and will be throwing Big Doc a beating , If you need Direction to get down from Parkhead let us know and we can tap you a SatNav , I wouldnt want to miss this , and you better do it young man .. you have said you are doing it .. unless your a wee shi@e bag of course ...

Brilliant I'm so offended I'm going to batter you .. next time it's convenient , hard men these days just dont have the same desire as they use to!!

That's what's so good about the GMSC, they offer a next day guarantee on all their threats. :lol:

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

I'm not sure where I stand on this. There are currently 142 seemingly credible instances of grave and systematic abuses of human rights by British forces against Iraqi civilians being pursued against the British government. That's actions by soldiers on the ground, and not by the politicians who sent them there. Similar reports come from Afghanistan, and similar came from Ireland. The conduct of British soldiers is a legitimate point to protest, particularly as John Reid is currently the Celtic chairman. That said, the poppy represents a broader spectrum than that, so maybe it's not the best symbol against which to protest (I could be persuaded differently however).

Given Celtic's roots, I don't think they should be ashamed of their Irish heritage, and I suspect a significant number has either experienced the troubles, or is well educated in them. Similarly, I'm sure a significant number are neither. It's not surprising though that they should attract a base sympathetic to the cause of the IRA. Nor is it surprising, given their own intolerant origins, that Rangers should attract the skin head neo-fascist element.

The only people I've heard mentioning this whole thing couldn't tell you who John Reid was if he wasn't the Celtic chairman :lol:

Seriously though, I agree there are grounds to protest against wars but there is no doubt in my mind that this whole thing boils down to the whole Irish/ British/ Catholic/ Protestant/ IRA/UVF thing the clubs base themselves around. Their efforts to put an end to all of this are mainly just lip service as they know fine well that it appeals to the lowest denominator and unfortunatelly a lot of their fans are (I include a few people I know in this when it comes to some of the things they say and do!).

The examples I gave earlier just sum up the attitudes - why do Rangers fans feel the need to even mention this in a news article on a fan website and why are Celtic fans basing this around a hatred of 'Brits and the Queen'?

The sad fact is that unless somethign drastic is done both of these sets of supporters will continue to bring things that aren't anything to do with football into the game and in the process encourage hatred and voilence towards people on things they shouldn't be getting judged on. Obviously not all of their supporters are the same but the minority isn't as small as some would have us all believe.

I see celtic have issued an apology for the protest. Why didn't they get the stewards/police to remove the banners/protesters ? It would have sent out a bigger message to their fans than a belated apology. As for these irish republicans who follow this scottish club with glasgow, not irish roots, are living in cuckoo land if they think that they haven't got the blood of innocents from an illegal conflict on their hands. works both ways.

What I find to be the most unfortunate thing about this situation is the amount of publicity this "Green Brigade" shower have received as a result of it- this was an attempt at getting attention for their wee kiddie-on ultras group, nothing more, nothing less.

I actually know the boy that originally formed this mob as we used to drink in the same boozer and a more pathetic character you could not meet. He's basically a guy in his early 30s who has attracted a bunch of spotty little 16 year old kids with Che Guevara tee-shirts to make a bit of noise at games on the pretence that they are some sort of political movement who's opinions actually count for something. There's plenty of Celtic fans I know that can't go that mob.

This move, and these people, deserves ridicule, not condemnation.

:lol:

That's what's so good about the GMSC, they offer a next day guarantee on all their threats. :lol:

:lol:

What I find to be the most unfortunate thing about this situation is the amount of publicity this "Green Brigade" shower have received as a result of it- this was an attempt at getting attention for their wee kiddie-on ultras group, nothing more, nothing less.

I actually know the boy that originally formed this mob as we used to drink in the same boozer and a more pathetic character you could not meet. He's basically a guy in his early 30s who has attracted a bunch of spotty little 16 year old kids with Che Guevara tee-shirts to make a bit of noise at games on the pretence that they are some sort of political movement who's opinions actually count for something. There's plenty of Celtic fans I know that can't go that mob.

This move, and these people, deserves ridicule, not condemnation.

Tell the Green Brigade Morton are round the corner and I guarantee they will poo poo their pants. Thats what happens when wee spotty left wing turds try to bully locals (mixed btw, father and son, one Morton one Celtic)

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

Got my poppy today and having followed this thread for a few days, I was suddenly acutely aware that as I walked through the town centre people may perceive that I had made a choice along sectarian lines (both before I got it and after). Just shows how it can colour our judgement - I was suddenly looking to see who was wearing them and who was not.

Thanks a lot Old Firm - another thing you've tainted for the rest of us.

:( :angry:

The famous man looked at the red cup.

Got my poppy today and having followed this thread for a few days, I was suddenly acutely aware that as I walked through the town centre people may perceive that I had made a choice along sectarian lines (both before I got it and after). Just shows how it can colour our judgement - I was suddenly looking to see who was wearing them and who was not.

Thanks a lot Old Firm - another thing you've tainted for the rest of us.

:( :angry:

I'd defo buy one then, if for no other reason than to piss the scumbags off. :D

The future just ain't what it used to be

Surprise, surprise, the scum element of the Celtic support make a total tit of themselves again. Do they not realise that the poppy is, first and foremost, a symbol to pay respect to millions of people who died to protect our lives and to ensure we are free to do as we please. And even in respect of the soldiers in Afghanistan, Ireland and Iraq, many have died for their country. It wasn't not there choice to fight in illegal wars, they did so at the command of politicians.

If the poppy was a symbol in support of our current exploits then I would never consider wearing it. But we must not forget the sacrifice that millions of people made for us. To do so, would be a disgrace.

In addition, I see that people reference the offenses carried out by the soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq against the locals. A few bad people does not make everyone to blame - i thought Old Firm fans would understand that better than anyone.

Mon the Ton

I agree with the rest of your post but soldiers know what they are signing up to.

Course we do, i had it all at first hand as my 3 brothers, 3 cousins and an uncle serving at the time so i knew what it was all about, must admit though that the wages at first were pretty s***e

Find it interesting that Celtic have said they will ban the Green Brigade members who displayed the banners.

It's interesting because protesting the poppy isn't illegal and the banners didn't contain language or material that is legally questionable. At least I don't think it did.

I don't particularly care what the Green Brigade stand for or the actions of Celtic but it raises interesting questions regarding the symbolism and ideology of the poppy.

Find it interesting that Celtic have said they will ban the Green Brigade members who displayed the banners.

It's interesting because protesting the poppy isn't illegal and the banners didn't contain language or material that is legally questionable. At least I don't think it did.

I don't particularly care what the Green Brigade stand for or the actions of Celtic but it raises interesting questions regarding the symbolism and ideology of the poppy.

ah the irony, that the poppy.. a symbol of remembrance.. is now the scourge of the earth.. the brutality and the suffering that the fruits of this 'flower' bring to the world, and now what.. the british army are tasked with protecting the poppy fields and the farmers who cultivate this drug.. bringing untold suffering to millions... are the british forces who protect these drug peddlers not guilty, by association or whatever.. is it one law for the army/govt and another for the 'independant' drug producers.... each time you see a poppy now.. think of our soldiers.. complicit in the mass production of drugs which ruin lives.

There are some questions that are too important, some truths too powerful, some messages too liberating, that they can never be heard for fear they might actually provide you with the freedom you desire and that 'they' then lose the dependence you have on them and for which they are rewarded. They lose the hold they have over you which keeps you spellbound and feeds their ego, their hunger for power and their raison d'etre.

- Think for Yourself, Ask Your own questions, Do Your own research! ...... Set Yourselves Free!

I read they said political protests are against stadium rules so that's probably grounds enough to ban them.

Archived