Dunfermline V Morton - Page 9 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Dunfermline V Morton

AyrshireTon

Glad you are amused.

Last week we failed to get decent crosses into the box, and neither wing saw our players take anyone on and try to get to the byeline. The two guys who generally did this are now gone, both on a wave of critisism.

I often think that some of our fans stab a pencil into a team sheet and decide to abuse and post negatively regarding this player until they are gone, then sit smugly at their wonderdful achievements in helping the manager get things sorted.

We need strikers who will score, but equally we need width. I'd be interested to hear how we did on the flanks this week.

Kevin Finlayson was crap to turn him into a wonder crosser or missing link is funny.

The problem is the forwards are crap, we need someone who will score 10+ goals in a season, we dont have anyone of that ilk at this time. No pace means we have no hope of finishing out of the bottom 3 i would have thought.

We seem to have a sqaud where a number of players are just not good enough and having to carry Greacen and McFarlane on big wages is not really helping this year either.

Shipping out at least Graham on loan and trying to bring in another forward who has pace is a must.

Just bounce if you hate St Mirren

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kevin Finlayson was crap to turn him into a wonder crosser or missing link is funny.

Never said he was wonderful. He got crosses in, as did Jimbo. Neither have been replaced in that position, unless Moore is planning to not use the flanks and put everything through the middle.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Just in from the game:) although we got beat a really enjoyed it :) we played some really nice football and contoled the game for large parts. thumbs up to jenkins today, he was excellent on the right. monti was keek in the second half and his deliveries were also keek. kelbie looked a tad sharper however weatherson looked wel of the pace. the back four looked pretty comfortable as did the midfeild. its only the second game of the season and there are several positives to take. the only worrying thing is the lack of firepower, we create enough chances but just cant put the ball in the back of the net.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Just in from the game:) although we got beat a really enjoyed it :) we played some really nice football and contoled the game for large parts. thumbs up to jenkins today, he was excellent on the right. monti was keek in the second half and his deliveries were also keek. kelbie looked a tad sharper however weatherson looked wel of the pace. the back four looked pretty comfortable as did the midfeild. its only the second game of the season and there are several positives to take. the only worrying thing is the lack of firepower, we create enough chances but just cant put the ball in the back of the net.

Interesting, that appears to answer my above posts.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Enjoyed the game for most part today (apart from the score obviously) we were certainly the better team, although towards the end the Pars looked the fitter team (maybe because we had gave up)

GK Stewart had little to do apart from pick the ball out of the net twice.

FBs McKinlay and Evans both put in a good shift, although I think they both get caught 'ball watching' defensively sometimes.

CBs Another solid perfomance imo, a question tho who is our long term Captain??

Mid Jenks was IMO oustanding today and my MOTM, looked the best bet for a goal at times. Tidser showed some great touches, Holmes looks far better in the middle ( although some of his final touches left alot to be desired today) Monti, where do you start, I thought he had a real bad game, as i have said on other posts regardng todays game, he was indecisive, should have shot when he crossed and vice versa.

Forwards Weatherson still looks jaded, Kelbie looks better every game. Pity he didn't score from the chance that hit the side netting in the 2nd half.

I look forward too Partick next week!!!!

I thought we were good today, and can't believe we lost 2-0.

Some really good possesion first half today and we were winning a lot of the 50/50's.

Monti saw a lot down the left, and I haven't been impressed with Holmes but thought he was a different player today in the middle so at least Moore has noticed that he's better in the middle.

Jenks done well out right so we should probably keep it that way until we get a right sided player.

Tidser again was impressive.

At the Back I thought McCaffrey was solid and he'll get better by playing more games.

Smyth I like, but there was a couple of times Andy Kirk got loads of space and it took him a while to get close to him.

I think it was Smyth that was supposed to be on him for the goals and he was no where near him at the first, and the second was a great cross so can't really blame him for the second.

Up top, I thought we should have brought Spoons off rather than Kelbie, Spoons looks off the pace.

Plus I thought Kelbie put in a good shift and it was if Moore had already made his mind up just before he hit the side netting.

Kean looked quite lively when he came on, but never really had a chance.

We'll play worse and win this season, so lets be positive.

10 times better than the team we had last season, once we get a win under our belt I think you'll see the team push on.

Early days yet with most teams only on 3 points, so heads up lads and bring on the Thistle.

Oozie

thought we totally dominated the game

found the substitution of kelbie for kean was made at the wrong time as i thought we were on top

kelbie was having a good game up until then

hopefully o'brien will be fit for next week :)

You're mental. The substitution came too late as Kelbie was an ineffective big dud. He can feel free to get involved any time he likes.

Shame about yesterday. We should have won that game and played Dunfermline off the park - up until the first goal which was more than a little fortuitous for them. After that we lost a a goal through the only piece of bad marking from us in the whole game. As it were, I'm pleased that we stifled probably the best team in the league for most of the game and disappointed that we couldn't turn our dominance into goals.

Monti and Kelbie were the only poor performers IMO, the former wasting ridiculous amounts of opportunities to get simple crosses into the box. If he'd had a good game we would have won.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived